Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 04/03/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Guest reefatoon

Dragged myself off the beach to come watch this. Wilson and Almiron up top and Lascelles at the back has made me realise what an utter rubbish idea that is. Off back to sunbathing I go. Enjoy fellas.

Eddie has an absolute hard on for an Isak / ASM 75 minute double sub, he’ll be over the moon to use that again today. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Gutted for ASM. He's our best counter attacking threat so ideal for today. He'll be off in the summer.

I guess we might get to see if Gordon has anything today.

Hard game to judge Gordon in, likely won’t see much of the ball at all.

Not really adding much that hasn't been said but slightly perplexed that Isak finds himself on the bench and also ASM. Almiron has been pretty average for a while now and yes he works his backside off, but ASM has done more than enough to deserve a place in the starting line up, and Wilson needs some time out of the team I think.

Not sure what the tactics or strategy is for this game with that line up, but we'll soon see.

Just now, OoOGazOoO said:

Not really adding much that hasn't been said but slightly perplexed that Isak finds himself on the bench and also ASM. Almiron has been pretty average for a while now and yes he works his backside off, but ASM has done more than enough to deserve a place in the starting line up, and Wilson needs some time out of the team I think.

Not sure what the tactics or strategy is for this game with that line up, but we'll soon see.

Given the lineup I’d say defensive.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hard game to judge Gordon in, likely won’t see much of the ball at all.

The wide players should be the threat against Man City because they largely surrender their full back areas. It's one of the reasons ASM was able to play so well against them earlier in the season.