Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 04/03/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Howe will have us absolutely chomping St the bits for this. Their form isn't that great, it should absolutely not be treated as a free hit. Go out there and play our game like we did at home and we can definitely get something here. 

I’d switch it up a bit for this, play similar to how we approached the liverpool game after popes red card (but will 11 men this time) have isak and ASM up top roaming freely a diamond of 4 CMs (J7 Bruno Longstaff Almiron) working hard off the ball and then the back 4 as usual. 

Be surprised if we get anything from this but Brentford and Everton have shown it's possible

We'll have to probably mirror the way they did it, though difficult to replicate Brentford as their style is reliant on Toney and we don't have anyone that can play like him

But defend deep and make sure we have pace on the counter, they've shown defensive vulnerability and maybe we can grab something 

Definitely wouldn't be averse to a bit of a shake-up. Targett, Gordon and Isak all to start; in place of one of Burn/Botman, Almiron and Wilson. Maybe Willock for Longstaff and even Murphy for Maxi. The attack just feels very, very stale atm; dying for a bit of something different. 

Pope

Trippier     Schar    Botman    Targett

Murphy     Bruno    Willock  Joelinton

Gordon

Isak 

I know, Murphy. But I think he's looked bright in his recent sub appearances and it would be interesting to see if we might benefit from more directness on that wing. Plus it's a right-footer on the right, we've not had that since Fraser. He's got a good delivery, potentially leading to more service, so I think it's worth a shot.

Just can't take much more of Almiron cutting back with the ball or running into congested spaces without it. Or any more of Wilson being one second behind everyone else whilst being completely disarmed by two defenders. Bit harsh on Maxi maybe but Joe's more suited to an orthodox LW role imo, and Maxi's good off the bench.