Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 04/03/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

That team is absolutely minging Lascelles v Haaland! May as well sell Maxi if he can’t get in ahead of Almiron on his current form. Wilson currently coastal erosion/Shola pace and all. 

Ah well. At least we’ll have decent options off the bench when we’re 2 or 3 down. 

Howe is still King. Up the Toon :lol: 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Isak must be wondering what he has to do to get a start at this stage.

It's weird because it also goes against Howe's entire ethos of having competition & playing those who've earned it. What's the point if you're going to persevere with an ageing, injury prone striker who has been out of form for months. Bizarre.

Ugh. Feels like Howe has gone the opposite to what most were expecting. Either he truly thinks this is the better line up, or he's not bothered about this game and saving for the next one.

But I can't see how you look at the last few games and decide ASM and Isak should be benched for Wilson and Almiron. Unless the tactic is to frustrate for 60+ mins and then go for it with subs. 

But in Eddie I trust and I'm sure he knows best. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isak must be wondering what he has to do to get a start at this stage.

Perform to his tag , he’s been decent and it’s early days. I was expecting a little more tbh . Just my opinion . 

Just now, GWN said:

Perform to his tag , he’s been decent and it’s early days. I was expecting a little more tbh . Just my opinion . 

But Wilson has done absolutely nothing to warrant starting this week.

I can only hope that we're still being super cautious with Isak in terms of his road back from injury and it's still a slight concern.

Wilson has been poor for ages, really strange that Howe is persisting with him.