Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

29 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Even the season before it was great, remember Cardiff on a Friday night bringing 3k up, never heard the sheep shaggers from the Gallowgate due to the Curva Nord.

Was an great night that was, complete domination on and off the pitch. The camaraderie in L7 was absolutely brilliant. 

30 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Even the season before it was great, remember Cardiff on a Friday night bringing 3k up, never heard the sheep shaggers from the Gallowgate due to the Curva Nord.

Was a brilliant night. Atmosphere was superb. We were in the Three Bulls before the match and my mate from work rang me to say he was in a taxi with Gazza and they were on their way to meet me. 10 mins later he comes strolling in with Gazza and the place just went mental! There were a few Cardiff fans in there and even they were all over him.

It got a bit too much after a while so we went to Pacific for a game of pool. Played Gazza twice, he wanted to play for money and I remember he only had about 8 quid on him! Then we went off to the match and Gazza stayed in Pacific.

Woke up the next morning to the news that he'd been arrested outside the Gate :lol:

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I was up in L7. What a weekend that was. Used to often get to me seat late that season. Always timed it wrong and was just a young, pisshead. So always cut it fine leaving the pub. Glad I didn’t that night :lol: 

Some lad had 5-0 Newcastle. Was counting his money and shouting about it to all and sundry. Think they scored in the 89th minute :lol: 

2 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Level 7 for that period was tremendous, all pissed up lads just wanting a laugh, great song book  and everyone was like minded.

Yeah. Not sure I’d want to go back because of the view and also because my right knee is totally fucked. I don’t fancy them stairs again :lol: 

But it really was top class up there. Had a ST for 2 seasons in L7 and it’s the most fun I’ve had at SJP. Regularly ended up 4-5 rows away from

your seat after a goal went in. 

3 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Remember up in level 7 back then alwaya a chorus of "we the best behaved supporters in the land...when we win. We the worst behaved supporters in the land when we lose.

Always sang

But We're a right bunch of bastards when we lose...

That Cardiff game I remember a load of their fans fighting like fuck with each other where the old car park to the side of the strawberry is.

Didnt realise they've got quite strong divides in their support from different areas til that night..

16 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. Not sure I’d want to go back because of the view and also because my right knee is totally fucked. I don’t fancy them stairs again :lol: 

But it really was top class up there. Had a ST for 2 seasons in L7 and it’s the most fun I’ve had at SJP. Regularly ended up 4-5 rows away from

your seat after a goal went in. 

Was different fans then, can remember getting beat 2-0 at home off Blackpool early on and at 2-0 down late on we just sang chrissy houghtons black and white army for last 20 minutes.

We were in union rooms after a few Blackpool lads were saying how great the lads next to away fans were. Good times indeed

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Hopefully a raucous, relentless away end tomorrow whatever the result, needs to be like Spurs away in the league cup when we had that useless cunt Alnwick in goal.

Agreed, West Brom in cup just as covid starting too.

I really hope wor flags, Trust and supporters club come together and push club more more standing and seat moves...none of this Wifi shit

Edited by NUFC91

31 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

I really hope wor flags, Trust and supporters club come together and push club more more standing and seat moves...none of this Wifi shit

I was at West Brom. One of the best away ends I've been in. Ever.

3 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Hopefully they engage with proper fans and not wankers like Burnsie and John Sinclair.

21 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Hopefully they engage with proper fans and not wankers like Burnsie and John Sinclair.

I think NUST and NUSC have trust issues with their leadership for different reasons. Wor Flags are universally liked but that may be because there isn’t any perceived agenda. 

NUST rely on the fact that they sold lifetime memberships to cite their credentials as a representative fans body but if they’re honest they will know that most of the numbers are just that. 

People have issues with Daz Curry at NUSC but I’d say his finger is in the pulse more with the match going fan than the Tory TF cabal at the trust board. 

in an ideal world all the fans groups would get together and work together for the best interests of all. “In theory communism works” Homer J Simpson 

Yep. Songbook still a bit repetitive and we don’t have many original chants (most clubs don’t these days). But were extremely loud from start to finish. 

Rightly so. If you can’t sing your heart out during a game like that. You never will. 

Hard to coordinate brand new songs with 7k people there though .

I remember when I was  young lad at St. James’ trying to start a chant I’d made up, thinking people would join in :lol: . Response was brutal; odd looks and some old tosser shouting at me to sit down and pack it in. Mortifying. Still cringe thinking about it now.

10 hours ago, jack j said:

Must have got his ticket in the ballot

God forbid I take my bairn off my pals ticket though!!!

Screenshot_20231101_232117_X.jpg

Joke that like.

There's no chance I can get to an away now, because nobody passes on their ticket. I can understand the complaints of those stuck on 0/1/5 points who couldnt get tickets, but this sort of shit is fucking shite. Waste of a ticket, stick the prick in the home end.