Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

40 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Maybe it isn’t a problem at some games, but it certainly caused a big chew on the other night, primarily because of their attitude.

There wasn’t room to just sit/stand where you want in that Paris away end, and why should other people have to move to worse seats / split their party to accommodate a bunch of arseholes?

I think one of the reasons the stairs etc were rammed was all the flags over the glass panels at the front basically stopping anyone from seeing through it, meaning people squashed in elsewhere. Where I was on them seats with rhe 3 foot drop in front, the walkway was full in front. Mental when we scored. :lol: 

1 hour ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I've never stood at my seat in the 90+ away games I've done like. I stand next to a mate, wherever there's a space. None of the people I know at the match are remotely arsed about it either. 

It's also against the rules to stand in seated areas full stop, or swear, but we all do that. 

Why don’t you create a travel group at the box office so your tickets when purchased/printed are beside each other?

17 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

The box office have revoked points of people in travel groups who were selected for the checks but ended up on their mate's ticket (as there are no names on them) 

That’s this season. You said you’ve been to 90+ away games together? 

17 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The people claiming stuff about Luton are, again, making it up. Plucking it out of their arse to suit whatever it is they’re angry about.

I was speaking with our hospitality rep today about that exact thing (literally 5 hours ago at Paris airport) and they reiterated, 100%, that a maximum of 7% goes to hospitality for ALL PL games. He specifically cited the Luton game as an example of how angry he gets seeing people make stuff up about it.

And no, the empty seats are unlikely to be because of corporate people. They sell out their small allocation each time, and there’s no benefit to a corporate client to buy the ticket and not show up (they don’t earn loyalty points on them so why buy and not show?). It’s much more likely, in my opinion, that due to the new rules about who you can and can’t pass your tickets onto, that season ticket holders might be buying tickets to continue building loyalty, but perhaps not actually always using them.

It really does just need need someone to post a proper breakdown of how it works so people can stop banging on about it.

I find it hard to believe the Luton tickets fiasco. All well and good saying 7% but the club refuse to speak to Trust on why 450 tickets have gone missing. On a 157 loyality points, can honestly say all but 3 are my own. To miss out on a ticket by few points knowing 40% aren't available is really dissapointing.

If the club can't communicate why tben no wonder people think they have gone corporate?

A young TBG used to have the option of either going to the Metro Centre or Wet 'n' Wild the last day at school before breaking up before Christmas.

With Wet 'n' Wild now being closed, I wonder if the club are taking 450, 2 year olds to Luton away.

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

I find it hard to believe the Luton tickets fiasco. All well and good saying 7% but the club refuse to speak to Trust on why 450 tickets have gone missing. On a 157 loyality points, can honestly say all but 3 are my own. To miss out on a ticket by few points knowing 40% aren't available is really dissapointing.

If the club can't communicate why tben no wonder people think they have gone corporate?

I agree that the communication is poor. But I’m telling you 1000% factually (from multiple people working the corporate team) that 7% went to corporate for Luton… the same as every other PL game.

As I say, I missed out too. If 450 tickets had gone to corporate I’d be sat here now with 2 tickets, but I’m not.

For a start…

- when you apply in the hospitality ballot you can apply for 2 tickets only for PL games. Occasionally it goes to 4 tickets if it’s a Carabao Cup game (I had four for the Man Utd game). But PL, max of 2.

- divide 450 by 2 = 225

- I’d be surprised if NUFC even have 225 hospitality contracts, let alone 225 hospitality contracts that entered the Luton ballot. Not a chance.

- There are only 100 executive boxes. Barracks (and equivalent) clients aren’t classed as hospitality, so I believe they can’t access the hospitality ballot. Pretty sure it’s just for boxes and directors box clients.

All of this could be put to bed with one simple news article.

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Have the club increased the number of tickets going to staff potentially and that explains remainder of missing tickets.

Tbf, pre takeover, the club did give 1 ticket to every employee.

That accounted for 15 tickets. 

Penfold's, the 3 box office staff, 2 caterers, 4 ground persons ?, the coach driver, Stan the Sports Direct Sign fitter, Ashley's dealer, then the last 2 for Ashley's son-in-law and Cabbage Heed's useless son Alex. 

Post takeover there's about 300 people in the scouting department alone. Think we employ more people than Nissan. 

You could be right. 

14 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I agree that the communication is poor. But I’m telling you 1000% factually (from multiple people working the corporate team) that 7% went to corporate for Luton… the same as every other PL game.

As I say, I missed out too. If 450 tickets had gone to corporate I’d be sat here now with 2 tickets, but I’m not.

For a start…

- when you apply in the hospitality ballot you can apply for 2 tickets only for PL games. Occasionally it goes to 4 tickets if it’s a Carabao Cup game (I had four for the Man Utd game). But PL, max of 2.

- divide 450 by 2 = 225

- I’d be surprised if NUFC even have 225 hospitality contracts, let alone 225 hospitality contracts that entered the Luton ballot. Not a chance.

- There are only 100 executive boxes. Barracks (and equivalent) clients aren’t classed as hospitality, so I believe they can’t access the hospitality ballot. Pretty sure it’s just for boxes and directors box clients.

All of this could be put to bed with one simple news article.

Next door neighbour is in the Bob Moncur suite and they are classed as corporate hospitality. He had a row with them over his cup final ticket alloctaion because, with him being classed as a corporate hospitality supporter, he was unable to choose his exact seat like many season ticket holders could and they put him in the front row.

6 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Next door neighbour is in the Bob Moncur suite and they are classed as corporate hospitality. He had a row with them over his cup final ticket alloctaion because, with him being classed as a corporate hospitality supporter, he was unable to choose his exact seat like many season ticket holders could and they put him in the front row.

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring to with regards to Directors box clients. Bob Moncur suite guests sit in Directors Box, and there are only around 30 hospitality contracts in that suite.

54 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring to with regards to Directors box clients. Bob Moncur suite guests sit in Directors Box, and there are only around 30 hospitality contracts in that suite.

What’s the demand like for corporate hospitality at the minute, I’m presuming it’s grown massively over last couple of seasons ?

Edited by Whitley mag

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

What’s the demand like for corporate hospitality at the minute, I’m presuming it’s grown massively over last couple of seasons ?

Yep, it's sold out with a waitlist. Two years ago it was relatively easy to get a box I believe.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

41 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

My neighbour jumped in and got 2 seats for the Moncur suite a week after the takeover went through easily enough.

I was there tonight. Really good atmosphere first half in the Gallowgate. First time I've been in a while and a special mention goes to the group of about 20 lads standing at the back of the southwest corner joining in with the Strawberry corner lads and helping the songs spread!

Thought it was a very good atmosphere for most of the match. Couple of quieter spells, towards the very end of the first half and for a brief period in the second half. Overall though, we helped to intimidate Man U

who were the shittest version of themselves I’ve ever seen against us

Thought it sounded great yesterday, and maybe there were some of the old brigade congregated together in there too? Heard for the first time renditions of "Hark now hear..." and "Drink, drink, wherever you may be...." Proper 80s songs, and I can't remember the last time I heard them at SJP, or even at away games.

I was out in town on the booze with work from 12pm yesterday and the town bars were buzzing right from the off. You can tell when people are just up for a game. PSG at home had the same vibe.

On another note, is it just me or does the crowd noise sound louder on the MOTD highlights than when on live on Sky & TNT? Wonder if they muffle the mics for live games?

Edited by Wandy

Onana getting the dodgy keeper chants and ohhhhhhhhs all game was class. Credit to him for slipping on a goal kick to give the fans a cheer. and flapping at a cross. several times. and kicking it our of play. He's a good sport.