Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Away fans in good voice again. Seem to have cracked something here.

For the record the Villa crowd has been dire, standard in my experience. And something a lot of clubs are talking about.

Its as much a generational and country thing as anything else.

Was just about to post its not just us who are struggling with an atmosphere at home

I was amazed at how quiet it was first 20 minutes considering their league position and home record of late

Mebbes they thought it was just going to be a routine win?

51 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Away fans in good voice again. Seem to have cracked something here.

Not denying there have been some issues that have probably had a detrimental effect to the away atmosphere.

But if the last few days have shown us anything, it’s that WINNING FUCKING HELPS.

Especially nights like tonight, where we definitely went in with relatively low expectations. Similar to Man Utd in the cup (when everyone heard the team anyway).

Nights like tonight are fantastic as an away fan. Looked from the TV like there were plenty of young un’s in the away end (sold out at low points), so pleased they’ll have experienced it.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Was just about to post its not just us who are struggling with an atmosphere at home

I was amazed at how quiet it was first 20 minutes considering their league position and home record of late

Mebbes they thought it was just going to be a routine win?

Expectation is an atmosphere killer the world over.

Again, like with the away end atmosphere, I’m not disputing there are some issues (we definitely need to try and get more like-minded fans together somehow), but whichever team you are, going into a game expecting to win, chances are the atmosphere will rarely be bouncing, especially if things start going against you.

Away end was class.

Villa fans were poor, which surprised me given the season they’re having. 

Not really relevant ik, but found it pathetic trying to get a pint near Villa Park. Every pub home fans only - and had to pay to get in them too. Asked the door woman at the Witton Arms (which used to be away fan welcoming) and they said the nearest one for away fans was 3.5 miles away.

Did end up finding one about a mile and a half away which let us in, thankfully. Had similar issues elsewhere, Man United being one of the bad ones. Had to drink in a Premier Inn. 

We spoil away fans when they come up here and can drink in an array of quality pubs hassle free. 

Was there any ID checks tonight out of interest? Think a fair few tickets are starting to get passed around again...I know a couple that were going with bus spaces

13 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Away end was class.

Villa fans were poor, which surprised me given the season they’re having. 

Not really relevant ik, but found it pathetic trying to get a pint near Villa Park. Every pub home fans only - and had to pay to get in them too. Asked the door woman at the Witton Arms (which used to be away fan welcoming) and they said the nearest one for away fans was 3.5 miles away.

Did end up finding one about a mile and a half away which let us in, thankfully. Had similar issues elsewhere, Man United being one of the bad ones. Had to drink in a Premier Inn. 

We spoil away fans when they come up here and can drink in an array of quality pubs hassle free. 

I remember Everton away being particularly bad for that one year, the only pub allowing away fans was so busy you had to stand outside then got told off by the police for having glasses. They eventually just let us go buy cans and drink in the street. 

Concept of home/away pubs is just completely alien in the toon like, only time I ever remember it being done was against Stoke when Keegan came back when their fans basically came up spoiling for a fight with anyone. 

Struggle to find worse support in the country than ours

Its one thing sitting on your hands and not adding to any positive atmosphere. But the ability to turn on players and managers is 2nd to none

Fuck off you cunts

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Struggle to find worse support in the country than ours

Its one thing sitting on your hands and not adding to any positive atmosphere. But the ability to turn on players and managers is 2nd to none

Fuck off you cunts

Was a bloke in front of me in the Gallowgate who sat there in silence until he had a go at Eddie for not taking Burn off sooner after his gaffes. Completely silent as soon as we equalised. The mind fucking boggles. 

Just now, NEEJ said:

Was a bloke in front of me in the Gallowgate who sat there in silence until he had a go at Eddie for not taking Burn off sooner after his gaffes. Completely silent as soon as we equalised. The mind fucking boggles. 

You've just described most of the gallowgate there

Toxic cunts

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

You've just described most of the gallowgate there

Toxic cunts

not bring agist im early 40s myself but we’ve one of the highest average age of ST holder / match going fans. Regretsbly you become more of a moody / angry joyless cunt as you get older I’m finding - just to what degree you turn!

Lads next to me just bitched and moaned for entire 90mins

There’s a section of our support who take more pleasure from slagging the team off than they do from being positive 

Not everyone wants to turn up and sing and go daft, I get that. But why bother going if all you want to do is whinge like a toddler who’s been told they’re not allowed to watch another episode of Peppa Pig before bath time 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

not bring agist im early 40s myself but we’ve one of the highest average age of ST holder / match going fans. Regretsbly you become more of a moody / angry joyless cunt as you get older I’m finding - just to what degree you turn!

If you've got the passion to get up and scream and ball at players and managers for being "shit" then surely you've got the same inside you to support the team you're supposed to love

Fucking backwards

Unfortunately we’re going to go round and round in circles with this until the stadium is expanded or the layout is changed. 

The club has set down its marker that it doesn’t give a fuck about those with significant history of ticket purchases, and this is part of the consequence. 

The problem today was long term season ticket holders I've got no doubt about that

Whinging bastards who thrive on any opportunity to turn it toxic

I'd rather have a full end of day trippers

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

The problem today was long term season ticket holders I've got no doubt about that

I don’t doubt that, but this will always come down to the fact that a significant number of our vocal home fans jacked it in to protest Ashley, and now can’t get back in.

I sit in Strawberry corner so to be honest, I don't see this negativity. Most, if not all get behind the team fir the majority. Obviously I can't speak for the whole corner but everyone around me is sound.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

exactly what I thought

not been in upper tiers of Gallowgate for years and it was awful today. some season ticket holders in there that need to give themselves a shake