Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

I was in level 7 

west corner , next to away fans 

There was actually quite a few in our area giving it a go and we got some noise going on a few occasions 

Like a lot of people say , our ground has terrible acoustics, we could hardly hear the gallowgate at all 

The game had a lot of moments of pure silence and felt flat 

Pre game was abysmal, no singing whatsoever 

lots of people on the gallowgate say it was noisy.

City fans were loud at times but again that’s probably because we were right next to them 

overall it was average (in terms of the atmosphere) however that’s only my perspective from my seat 

probably decent atmosphere if actually on the pitch in the middle of it all 

Edited by JonBez comesock

people think if its a home game and we're not at it for the full 90 minutes, then its a shit atmosphere.

which means every other home ground i've been to in the prem is worse (apart from luton as i didnt go so dont know) unless their team is winning.

our home atmosphere is canny compared to other teams.

its not the70's and 80's anymore. and the ground is acoustically shite.

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

So many people got up to leave when it went 3-2, what's the point? Just stay for the remaining 2 minutes of play and clap the team off. 

It's really dismal.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

So many people got up to leave when it went 3-2, what's the point? Just stay for the remaining 2 minutes of play and clap the team off. 

Yeah that was shite tbf.

Aye it was a bit of a sucker punch when we basically just cheered 3 mins added on, to concede right then seemed to send people to the exits.

Just accept it, cheer the lads off who have left it out there trying to go up against the best team in the world currently.

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

people think if its a home game and we're not at it for the full 90 minutes, then its a shit atmosphere.

which means every other home ground i've been to in the prem is worse (apart from luton as i didnt go so dont know) unless their team is winning.

our home atmosphere is canny compared to other teams.

its not the70's and 80's anymore. and the ground is acoustically shite.

Old Trafford atmosphere is wank 

23 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Actually think another standing area in the Leazes would be brilliant if same energy as corner. The 1800 was a "trial" so heres hoping.

Was looking yesterday and if they made all the grey seats close to the pitch safe standing it would certainly help. Maybe not in the east stand as they won't like it, and people will have to be moved in the Gallowgate. Watching the Man U game, so many are constantly standing, don't think we have that at SJP. 

But yes another signing corner opposite the Strawberry corner would certainly help.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Interesting the "pitch" of chants in the first two in particular. Think football fans in general now try to sound deeper and faster. Loved those Burnley and Liverpool ones. 

Aye I noticed that. A much higher pitch but sounded much louder amd sung at a far slower speed.

Still sounds weird hearing our fans singing YNWA mind.

Constant Howay The Lads against Burnley and listen to that support when Hughes was going up to lift the cup.

Hairs on the back of neck stuff and just compare that to the piss poor support last year at Wembley.

Night and fucking day.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Constant Howay The Lads against Burnley and listen to that support when Hughes was going up to lift the cup.

Hairs on the back of neck stuff and just compare that to the piss poor support last year at Wembley.

Night and fucking day.

That away support at Anfield is something else, loved the "we'll support you evermore" 

Whoever was in that away crowd tonight, please just give them the tickets for all our away games going forward.

That was our proper away support right there. Loads of old gems getting sung and new stuff that I’ve never heard before.

There is hope for our support after all. :cool: