Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

1 hour ago, Tross said:

Bring back this atmos and nee 'TOON' in the middle of united. 

It’s a different chant though isn’t it? I like the alternating Toon + United but that is class in the clip. Just a wall of UNITED with the clapping works so well

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Middle tier is mainly miserable bastards who've sat there since it was built in 1994. Were in their 30s and 40s back then but now in their 60s and 70s.

I’m three rows from the back right in the middle and haven’t sat in my seat for months. Maybe Forest on Boxing Day when it was over anyway. The odd moaning cunt picking on their chosen hated players, but it’s pretty good around me.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

It’s a different chant though isn’t it? I like the alternating Toon + United but that is class in the clip. Just a wall of UNITED with the clapping works so well

I think it's the same chant - people just gradually increasingly shouted TOON on the clap part.

7 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I think it's the same chant - people just gradually increasingly shouted TOON on the clap part.

couldn’t get the clap inbetween now cos everyone’s got a bastard phone in their hand 

15 minutes ago, Tross said:

couldn’t get the clap inbetween now cos everyone’s got a bastard phone in their hand 

People sing the songs too fast these days to fit the 3 claps in between the "Uniteds".

• 2 weeks later...

I know it’s been the case for sometime now in 3PM kickoffs, but painful today. Sections of the game where it felt like the football was sideshow to a sponsored silence. 

Edited by GeordieT

I thought it was OK today, but I've drastically lowered my expectations for the 3pm games.

Was more concerned about two weeks ago. Full away end, 5:30 ko giving the chance for a few pints in Liverpool, should have been 90 minutes non-stop backing for the team. It was silent most of the match,as was the home end.

Game's gone.

stand in the Corner or sit in the lower gallowgate adjacent to them and it feels decent at times.

the wimbledon game and carabou cup final sank to new depths of shiteness though.

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

stand in the Corner or sit in the lower gallowgate adjacent to them and it feels decent at times.

the wimbledon game and carabou cup final sank to new depths of shiteness though.

The Wimbledon game had the atmosphere of a juniors match. Pathetic.

Even Southampton seem to have a full stand behind the goal all standing now, was even over 60’s and women standing, be uproar from the locals if they had to stand for anything other than going for a piss/pint at SJP.

Edited by Whitley mag