Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Bloke next to me at 30 mins went to get a burger and then returned 5 mins later complaining about the £11 price (which I do agree with), the guy is a ST holder as well if seems.

The mind boggles with quite a bit of fans I have to say.

Food should be banned in the stadium

We have a plethora of restaurants, takeaways & food shops within 5 mins of SJP for pre / post match scran 

If someone can’t last for 2 hrs without filling their face full of bait then they’re a wrongin in my book 

Edited by bobbydazzla

29 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Bloke next to me at 30 mins went to get a burger and then returned 5 mins later complaining about the £11 price (which I do agree with), the guy is a ST holder as well if seems.

The mind boggles with quite a bit of fans I have to say.

It doesn’t cost eleven quid for a burger though. 

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

We have a plethora of restaurants, takeaways & food shops within 5 mins of SJP for pre / post match scran 

If someone can’t last for 2 hrs without filling their face full of bait then they’re a wrongin in my book 

Woah, now. 

Got to say there was a fuck load of the 30-minute pint brigade sat near me today. I can just about understand people going when the added time board goes up to try and get ahead of the queues but missing that much of the game seems mental to me.

Too many boring miserable old cunts in the ground too, sat there eating werthers originals and grumbling at anything that's not a goal. Sweeping generalisation, yes, but there seemed to be absolutely loads of that sort around me today.

I've started taking a little tin of hazy in my pocket like an absolute pikey. 

Saves me going to the bar at half time, and I don't have to drink piss. 

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Got to say there was a fuck load of the 30-minute pint brigade sat near me today. I can just about understand people going when the added time board goes up to try and get ahead of the queues but missing that much of the game seems mental to me.

Too many boring miserable old cunts in the ground too, sat there eating werthers originals and grumbling at anything that's not a goal. Sweeping generalisation, yes, but there seemed to be absolutely loads of that sort around me today.

IMG-6951.jpg

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Ha ha.  I sat there for 30 years but I get your point.

I had 2 seasons in there 20 year ago and wanted to kill the master tactician manager in the seat behind me, so I moved before it got fatal 

He’s probably still sat there, outsmarting Pep Guardiola from the stands

Edited by bobbydazzla

27 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Financing our next signing.

22 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Move the away fans for starters 

Na. Nowt wrong with that. Should always remain in the worst part of the stadium.

Edited by Heron

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I've started taking a little tin of hazy in my pocket like an absolute pikey. 

Saves me going to the bar at half time, and I don't have to drink piss. 

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rod said:

Ha ha.  I sat there for 30 years but I get your point.

Kna what's mad, it used to be the East Stand and now it isn't just them. It's about 67% of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I had 2 seasons in there 20 year ago and wanted to kill the master tactician manager in the seat behind me, so I moved before it got fatal 

He’s probably still sat there, outsmarting Pep Guardiola from the stands

:lol:

I was in the upper Gallowgate today, west side. I'd say the atmosphere surpassed my low expectations. Not great by any means, and was rubbish for a long while in the second half, but a few chants going and better than my experience of Palace home (Milburn)

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Get them gallowgate fans up next to the away fans to start getting the mood higher. No good having families there. Pointless

The Gallowgate middle tier is lifting. Very similar to the East Stand and Leazes tbh. All this notion of the Gallowgate being our now 'loud' stand is shite. We don't have a Kop style stand. 

Edited by Heron

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Home crowd must be 70-80% the same every game. It's weird how the atmosphere changes so much. 

All about expectancy and how the fans perceive the game. Atmosphere is always better when the feeling is 'backs to the wall'

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

The Gallowgate middle tier is lifting. Very similar to the East Stand and Leazes tbh. All this notion of the Gallowgate being our now 'loud' stand is shite. We don't have a Kop style stand. 

Was in Gallowgate middle for Luton and it was rancid  

Leazes lower today, absolute dogshit

Gallowgate West Corner was decent for the 2 games I’ve been there this season

Leazes West Corner was decent against Milan

Milburn Paddocks, dogshit 

Strawberry Corner, the promised land 

Edited by bobbydazzla