Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I actually want a draw - that way there’s a chance Everton still goes down.

Fuck that, I want us to be the first team in the Premier League to score 10.

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Smith was just saying in his pre-match interview (being aired live on US tv while y’all see some stuff about Man City apparently :lol:he wants them to be hard to beat. He said they tried to attack and score goals in the last couple of matches and that didn’t work out for them so he just wants to make them hard to beat, aka low block with five at the back and two DMs in front of them and counter attack with the three up front. 

We saw it first before you mate [emoji38]

Edited by nufcjb

Nah, think Gary Neville's opinion on Man City and FFP is just absolute dogshit.  There's a difference between someone with limited funds subsidising a club to some extent but with potential consequences if they fail, and the likes of Man City.  They cannot fail, the funds are unlimited and will always be written off, its just more and more cash until they inevitably succeed and that isn't competition.

Edited by Teasy

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

They're parking the bus, could be a long haul if we don't score early.

this is it.  Early goal or 2 and their heads drop like against Liverpool.  0-0 after a while they will build confidence.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald
drunk. Everton -> Liverpool. FFS. Started too early. But dont worry I;lkl be good.

2 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Gary Neville's opinion on Man City and FFP is just absolute dogshit :lol:

Really? What did he say there as I was agreeing with every word, I might have switched off mentally after that bit. :lol:

Says that FFP was there to stop clubs like City and Chelsea getting above their stations and would stop a Jack Walker ever happening again. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There isn't much to suggest they'll be effective at it.

A lot of people said the same about Leeds but they did manage to play the spoiler team quite effectively.

Wish I could follow the game with you lads but will be on the motorway as you say over there. Recording the game, hope to come back here afterward for all the excitement.