Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

3 minutes ago, Thorpinho said:

Yeah I found that, just not remotely clear to me if package means 3 games or package means one game and here is 5 minutes with John beresford. As usual clear as mud!

It will be the 3 games mate.

?

On 15/08/2023 at 23:19, Paullow said:

I believe the following pots are correct should the teams below come through the playoff, but please correct if I'm wrong:

D Zagreb 55.000 - POT 3

Rangers 54.000 - POT 3
Braga 44.000 - POT 3
PSV 43.000 - POT 3
Copenhagen 40.500 - POT 3 or 4
Young Boys 34.500 - POT 3 or 4
Galatasaray 31.500 - POT 3 or 4
Molde 24.000 - POT 4
Antwerp 17.000 - POT 4
Maccabi Haifa 13.000 - POT 4
AEK 11.000 - POT 4
Panathinaikos 5.045 - POT 4
Rakow 5.000 - POT 4

cl.thumb.png.fbcf69ebc229176c850e152ff4da1c19.png

So we are defo in Pot 4 and can't play anyone from Molde down. Very unlikely we will play Gala or Celtic either. 

AEK Athens beat Zagreb 4-3 on aggregate last night and now face Antwerp in the final qualifying round, so one of those will definitely be in Pot 4. Shaping up a little more now that a high co-efficient side are out.

Maccabi Haifa 13.000 vs Young Boys 34.500
Antwerp 17.000 vs AEK
Rakow 5.000 vs Copenhagen 40.500
Molde 24.000 vs Galatasaray 31.500
Rangers 54.000 vs PSV 43.000
Braga 44.000 vs Panathinaikos 5.045

Rangers 54.000 - POT 3
Braga 44.000 - POT 3
PSV 43.000 - POT 3
Copenhagen 40.500 - POT 3
Young Boys 34.500 - POT 3 or 4

Real Sociedad 33.000 POT 3 or 4 (no playoff match)
Galatasaray 31.500 - POT 3 or 4

Celtic 30.000 - POT 3 or 4 (no playoff match)

There's 3 spaces left in Pot 3, one of those will definitely be either Rangers or PSV, and If Braga and Copenhagen come through Panathinaikos and Rakow respectively that will be Pot 3 all sorted. Braga are 2/5 to come through (vs 7/4), but Copenhagen are only 7/10 (vs 21/20), so a very close tie at the bookies, and if the lower ranked sides come through then they will definitely join us in Pot 4, and Young Boys and Real Sociedad could then be Pot 3.

Young Boys just need one of Braga or Copenhagen to fail to make Pot 3. Sociedad need 2 of Braga, Copenhagen and Young Boys to lose. Galatasaray would need all 3 of those to lose, whereas Celtic would require all 3 AND Galatasaray to all lose, so it's very likely they will join us in Pot 4.

I'd like to see Copenhagen and / or Young Boys come through because you'd generally prefer to potentially play them than Real Sociedad, or have a long and not very pleasant trip to Istanbul, and both would be capital city trips for our fans and I don't think we have played either of them in the Premier League era (or possibly at all).

On 18/08/2023 at 19:09, Paully said:

Pot 3 has to be Shakhtar Donetsk!

Playing their home matches in Hamburg! 

Live in Berlin so would love both Leipzig and Shakhtar if possible - Geordie invasion of Hamburg would be immense, and perhaps we could turn it into a Kevin Keegan Day or something.

21 minutes ago, Cort said:

Live in Berlin so would love both Leipzig and Shakhtar if possible - Geordie invasion of Hamburg would be immense, and perhaps we could turn it into a Kevin Keegan Day or something.

If we get a German team, I reckon I'd need tickets for the home end.  Reckon we could get them ordered to you (German address and all that).

34 minutes ago, Cort said:

How many Ukrainians do you think would attend in Hamburg?

Appreciate everyone that suggests a number is guessing to an extent, but looks like there are a large number of refugees/migrants in Hamburg at the minute.

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

How many Ukrainians do you think would attend in Hamburg?

Appreciate everyone that suggests a number is guessing to an extent, but looks like there are a large number of refugees/migrants in Hamburg at the minute.

Couldn't tell you, mate, but with so many St Pauli fans, think there would be a huge contingent supporting Shakhtar.

I was originally hoping we'd get 2 of Real Madrid / PSG / Bayern etc. some memorable matches that could be talked about for years, and a chance to test ourselves against the very best, and a probable run at the Europa if we do fall a bit short, but now I'm kind of hoping we get Feyenoord, Leipzig and a Red Star / Copenhagen / Young Boys type from Pot 3.

Everyone talks about the wins over Barca and Juve far more than those over Kyiv and Leverkusen, but if we had Leipzig H, Feyenord A, and the double header against the Pot 3 side then there'd be half a chance that we'd have already qualified with 2 games to play, or at least within touching distance and that would be great financially to come through the group, but also help with the fixture congestion at the back end of the year.

Playoff matches involving Antwerp, Copenhagen and Rangers tonight (all 8pm and all on TNT Sports), and the other 3 tomorrow night at 8pm.

Hope Copenhagen come through as it would be a potential great trip as they would definitely be in Pot 3 and it would also help keep some stronger looking sides, like Sociedad, in Pot 4.

Antwerp 1 up at home to AEK. Copenhagen lead 1-0 against Rakow. Rangers still 0-0.

Didn't realise that since 1997 only one Polish team had featured in the CL group stages, Legia in 2016/17. That's quite surprising.

Lovely goal.

Don't really want to play Rangers for geographical reasons, but at the same time, if prefer not to play PSV either given we have played them 4 times in the PL era, albeit nearly 20 years since the last time.

Rakow thought they'd equalised vs Copenhagen, but was disallowed. I've got my heart set on the Danes from Pot 3 [emoji38]

Draw is on TNT Sports next week, btw.

I'll be more nervous/excited than I am before a match, no doubt about it. 

Happy with anyone other than the made up shite like Red Bulls and to a lesser extent PSG.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Draw is on TNT Sports next week, btw.

I'll be more nervous/excited than I am before a match, no doubt about it. 

Happy with anyone other than the made up shite like Red Bulls and to a lesser extent PSG.

Do we know the time?