Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

Does head-to-head away goals decide it if Milan and Dortmund draw both games against each other, and end up tied? Or does it go straight to overall goal difference?

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

The fact that we're still in with a chance of going through on the last match is enough for me. 

Dortmund is at home and we're at home. Odds are in our favour. St James is going to be bouncing.

Dortmund are already through.

If we go out (and i think dortmund already through are unlikely to try too hard vs psg tbh) it was due to the dortmund at home game, as frustrating as that robbery was 1-1 away in paris is objectively a good result. We should not have lost at home. Oh well, was always going to be really hard even before our injuries

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Need to beat Milan and need an already qualified Dortmund to help us. They do have something to play for though (top of the group).

That will help us. They need a draw to secure top spot. Very intriguing last day. 

Anything but a loss in the last game and it's a fucking brilliant 1st campaign in the CL. Would mean only one of those 3 seasoned teams beat us and only one got the better of us. Mad it's dortmund.

Incredible effort.

Its win win win going into the last game.

If we place 2nd, we exceed expectations in the CL this season. We claim a financial bonus and improve our European ranking for future seasons.

If we place 3rd, we have always enjoyed the UEFA Cup and done well. More coefficient points and a genuine chance of a trophy.

if we place 4th we can be proud of our performances in returning on the CL and can rest and refocus on a trio of domestic opportunities.

15 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

If we go out (and i think dortmund already through are unlikely to try too hard vs psg tbh) it was due to the dortmund at home game, as frustrating as that robbery was 1-1 away in paris is objectively a good result. We should not have lost at home. Oh well, was always going to be really hard even before our injuries

I don’t think we would’ve lost if Isak wasn’t injured. The guys are doing well given the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Incredible to still be in it. Obviously we are desperate for second but if it is a score draw do we come third or fourth? I.e. do away goals count in head to head? 

If we draw 0-0, we qualify to EL based on goal difference, if we draw 1-1, 2-2, etc we would be fourth due to head to head results. 

Edited by Solitude20