Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Assuming tickets are going to be nails to get hold of, do we think the 3 away games willl have fan zones? Imagine a lot will be travelling regardless? 

I doubt it, especially in France and Italy.

I'd personally think twice about going to PSG away even if I was able to get a ticket and not be refused entry as season ticket-less vermin as per this season's rules from the clerb. The French police treat English football fans like scum; the CL final in Paris in 2022 a prime example. People I know who went to Marseille in 2004 also say the main grief they got wasn't from Marseille fans but from the French police down there as well.

Good to know. I want to take the little un’ to an away trip but obviously won’t know about tickets for a while but was hoping to sort travel this weekend. Not really sure what to do for the best. Are the home teams restricted with tickets to away fans or could there possible be an Inter scenario?

57 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Assuming tickets are going to be nails to get hold of, do we think the 3 away games willl have fan zones? Imagine a lot will be travelling regardless? 

Wasn't sure about the attraction of fanzones generally but have to say I'd fancy them for these games.

Guess its since I just want to hear the CL music coming through the walls first hand.

Which is basically my experience last time anyway due to the queues outside ahead of the Feyenoord game

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd personally think twice about going to PSG away even if I was able to get a ticket and not be refused entry as season ticket-less vermin as per this season's rules from the clerb. The French police treat English football fans like scum; the CL final in Paris in 2022 a prime example. People I know who went to Marseille in 2004 also say the main grief they got wasn't from Marseille fans but from the French police down there as well.

I went to Marseille in 2004. Was no bother really. Police were OK other than walking us through what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse to get us in and out of the ground. We didn't stay in Marseille because we were advised it would be too dangerous (more to do with the large Algerian population) so stopped in Cannes instead. 

Tbh I've been to France a few times, including Paris, and it's not really a place I've ever enjoyed visiting. My experiences of Germany and Italy have been far better. Certainly PSG would be the least appealing away game out of the 3 for me.

Edited by Wallsendmag

28 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Wasn't sure about the attraction of fanzones generally but have to say I'd fancy them for these games.

Guess its since I just want to hear the CL music coming through the walls first hand.

Which is basically my experience last time anyway due to the queues outside ahead of the Feyenoord game

I don't see their being fan-zones especially in Paris or Milan.

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I went to Marseille in 2004. Was no bother really. Police were OK other than walking us through what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse to get us in and out of the ground. We didn't stay in Marseille because we were advised it would be too dangerous (more to do with the large Algerian population) so stopped in Cannes instead. 

Tbh I've been to France a few times, including Paris, and it's not really a place I've ever enjoyed visiting. My experiences of Germany and Italy have been far better. Certainly PSG would be the least appealing away game out of the 3 for me.

Think the main problem was leaving the stadium. They kept the exit shut for a while after the game which meant fans nearest the exit were getting crushed as people came down from the stands onto the concourse without realising the gate was shut.  Fans had been getting increasingly agitated and when they opened the exit,  the police lined the immediate exit route which meant it was quite narrow and were lashing out with their batons at any man, woman or child which only increased the tension.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There will be no problems in Milan for Newcastle fans, you can easily get around the city in safety. Just be careful in the areas around San Siro ...  Dutch and Croatians know something about it.

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Paris isn’t really a football city though is it?

PSG is only a fairly recent phenomenon, wern’t Marseille and St Ettienne the biggest clubs in France?

Lyon, Monaco, St Etienne, Marseille.  Lyon wont it every year for years in the 2000's when they had the other Juninho.

Edited by relámpago blanco

7 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

There will be no problems in Milan for Newcastle fans, you can easily get around the city in safety. Just be careful in the areas around San Siro ...  Dutch and Croatians know something about it.

Sounds good, so we'll be fine as long as wedon't go to the Stadium?

Edited by relámpago blanco

26 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

Ahahahaha, no dont worry...Milano is not Rome. Don't be aggressive and nobody will touch you.

Will the pubs be open this time ? And will your authorities have more than 3 turnstiles open and do Milan fans do that thing where they love to throw stuff down on the opposition fans like Inter fans did ?

On the plus side, when Inter scored it was the loudest I'd heard in a stadium and it wasn't even full.

59 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Paris isn’t really a football city though is it?

PSG is only a fairly recent phenomenon, wern’t Marseille and St Ettienne the biggest clubs in France?

Weren't a club of any note at all until the mid90s and that was assisted by Marseille's punishment/demotion.

Had biggish name players (Ray Wilkins) prior to that but felt like New York Cosmos type ringers.

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

I don't see their being fan-zones especially in Paris or Milan.

Obviously meant home games.

Dortmund will be fine for away fans.

Milan last time round was a little sketchy but ok if you kept your head down from what I’ve been told - my uncle slipped away, head down. But he’s like tiny Italian dark hair and tanned. I’m big and blonde and stand out 😂.

Paris is fine, but near the ground is hellish. Pure stabbing territory if you’re singled out as an away fan. 

1 hour ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

Geordies know something about it too - I was there in 2003.  Groups of Inter hooligans looking for individual or smaller groups of Newcastle supporters to gang up on.  Shit their pants when the numbers were close to even. 

17 minutes ago, madras said:

Will the pubs be open this time ? And will your authorities have more than 3 turnstiles open and do Milan fans do that thing where they love to throw stuff down on the opposition fans like Inter fans did ?

On the plus side, when Inter scored it was the loudest I'd heard in a stadium and it wasn't even full.

Beer from McDonalds in Duomo square - nowt like it …