2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

Wasn't it because he kissed a player without consent during the celebrations? Many were calling for him to resign because of that.

I think it runs a lot deeper than that, but the fact he did that on the world stage in front of all the cameras has empowered the players to call for him to resign. The whole organisation seems horrific!!

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has joined the calls for Rubiales to resign from his position, and Rubiales was absent from the celebrations in Madrid on arrival. One of the things which was working in Rubiales’ favour was a statement put out by Hermoso, declaring that she had an excellent relationship with Rubiales, and that it was a mutual show of affection.

Only those were not her words. According to Natalia Torrente of Relevo, the Communications department for the Spanish women’s national team wrote and put out that statement, which speaks in first person of Hermoso’s relationship with Rubiales. The statement was put out to the press, reported widely, and not corrected by the RFEF.

The attempts to calm the situation did not stop there. On Monday Rubiales appeared in an apology, claiming that it was again insignificant for both of them, that it was without bad intentions on either part, and that he had to learn from the incident.

Those words make much more sense when it is revealed that Rubiales tried to convince Hermoso to appear in a joint apology. Relevo’s reporting goes on to detail how Rubiales asked in front of other players, family and staff if she would join him in a video statement, which she rejected. Rubiales acknowledged that his job was on the line, and that he needed her support, something which was turned down by the footballer in front of numerous people ahead of their flight back to Madrid.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/08/22/spain-put-out-fake-jenni-hermoso-statement-following-kiss-incident-luis-rubiales-asked-her-for-joint-statement

They even put out a fake statement from Hermoso.[emoji38]

Equate it to the woks Christmas do and the gaffer comes over to the table, grabs your lass by the face and hoys the lips on her. 

Do you

a) put him on his arse

b) grab his face and hoy the lips on him

c) Wait until 9am Monday and report him to HR

Brings back memories of me Dad coming around one Sunday for the family scran fest. Apart from the fact he's a Leslie Philips/Carry On tribute act he used to bring loads of tubes of Fruit Pastilles or Smarties* for the kids/lasses. ( * if it was Werthers I wouldn't let him in the house let alone near the kids, obvs 😂

Anyways he went to put a tube of pastilles down Mrs G's top and the whole room just went silent. I honestly thought his days were ended 😂😂😂

Daft old 70s throwback, that he is. 

17 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

"The federation also said that, if selected, players have "an obligation" to play for the national team, after 81 female players said they will not represent Spain until Rubiales is removed from his post."

And yet the federation is choosing war.:lol: I'm sure they want to play for the national team now! Rubiales must be a narcissist, putting himself over everything. I saw a clip from his speech, he's speaking like a narcissist aswell.

Edited by Erikse

I don't think acquiescence means consent. He had his hands round her head and pulled her towards him. What was she supposed to do in that situation, knee him in the balls?

If the guy had apologised and said he had got carried away in the excitement of the moment, he would probably have been okay. But all this talk of current woke culture getting out of hand doesn't convince. Even 50 years ago, it wasn't acceptable to kiss a woman on the lips in that kind of situation.

Inflated ego. Screams of narcissism that he sees no wrong and actually twists it around to put the blame on her.  As you might know a lot of people like him are in high positions with responsibility/decision making as they have zero empathy and in turn are ruthless, cold and obviously angry when called into question.

He needs to be removed, but honestly nothing surprises me.  The pendulum stays fixed when it comes to these fuckers in power. 

I think Spain winning was sort of the best outcome here. It has highlighted how hidden and ingrained this "machoism" is over there because it's been put out on a world stage. 

No way a UK person would have done the same because we are more aware and things are changing here. 

In Spain, you can tell that if this had happened behind closed doors, nothing would have happened. 

12 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

When they say "The Spanish Football Federation" have put out this statement and decided to sue her -  it's clearly a decision made and a statement written by him, isn't it?

Unfortunately, I think this is the case. 

Don't paint what is happening at the Spanish FA as as pattern across Spanish society as a whole, it's had problems but there's been a lot of progress recently and lots of new laws under the Sanchez government.  

Rubiales is a cunt and an absolute lunatic for many years, he needs removing and their clearly needs to be reform to the governance of the Spanish FA.

My friends out there are absolutely embarrassed by what is going on.

This is what I meant when I said that he speaks like a narcissist. When he shouts "I will not resign!" repeatedly while the audience is cheering, that reminds me of certain fascist leaders.:lol:  Some of the things he's saying is absurd aswell, like "daughters, learn it, this is a life lesson". What is the lesson, to not stand up for themselves?

Edited by Erikse

This is one of the photos they've released to try and show she's lying when she says she didn't lift him off his feet, but I can't seem to find anything in the ceremony which matches this frame. Surely they've not just photoshopped an image and assumed nobody would check it against TV footage? 

RFEF+photo+2+-+Rubiales+and+Hermoso+-+August+26+-+square+version.jpg

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

This is what I meant when I said that he speaks like a narcissist. When he shouts "I will not resign!" repeatedly while the audience is cheering, that reminds me of certain fascist leaders.:lol:  Some of the things he's saying is absurd aswell, like "daughters, this is a lesson for you".

Kind of on that theme, I'm not sure how deliberate this is but I thought the choice of related articles on the BBC News app was quite interesting. 

Screenshot_20230826-112327.thumb.png.50242d933915bca150bd56696744b6cc.png

4 minutes ago, number37 said:

Kind of on that theme, I'm not sure how deliberate this is but I thought the choice of related articles on the BBC News app was quite interesting. 

Screenshot_20230826-112327.thumb.png.50242d933915bca150bd56696744b6cc.png

:lol: Maybe it's him, they never found his body!

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who’s propping this sex pest up and why isn’t he gone yet?

Suspect it's the committee members at top of Spanish FA that can directly get rid of him.

Government can't directly get involved as sporting organisations take a dim view of interference.  They do want him gone though hence them setting up a tribunal yesterday also Spain doesn't have a new government yet after elections last month.

Edited by El Prontonise

I think the answer is simple. Just another crass automaton who has likely risen to the top of an organisation due to a total lack of conscience and morals and an absolute obsession with money and perceived power. As long as organisations continue to rely on sociopaths / psychopaths / people with severe personality disorders to be the face of their organisation - because they’re that grotesque and stupid that they’re able to be the meat shield - more and more of this is going to happen as the world wakes up to what the capitalist class is doing to it. 

It’s really fucking entertaining I think. Fuck him, he’s cornered and he’s too much of an imbecile and narcissist to concede. Guaranteed downfall on a growing bed of hubris. Passez a moi le popcorn.

Edited by Theregulars