Yankuba Minteh

I'm not mad :lol: Just fed up of PSR and if we're truly going to play the game set by the PL, then the precedents have been set with the deductions for Everton and Forest, so just break the rules, invest heavily and take the hit for a season.

7 hours ago, HawK said:

If we were to pay 30m for him off the back of his last season we'd be v happy tbh, just keep the lad, play him and take the points deduction, fuck it. 

I could see this logic in keeping Bruno or Isak for instance if it meant taking a points deduction, not Minteh, though.

7 hours ago, Nine said:

Imagine he played for another club coming back from having a good single season in the Eredivisie, carrying some hype to the point that another set of fans suggest taking a points deduction rather than selling? It’s mad, it’s arguments based on assumption.

Eddie will take a look, if he’s that’s good he won’t be sold.

I agree with everything you say except I think even if Eddie thought he was that good, it looks like he'd probably be sold.

Just seems to be the situation we're in, and the alternative appears to be losing great players who are already integral to our squad.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So you think if we fail meet the requirements for the PSR deadline it’s the fault of Minteh and not the club who have had months to prepare for it ? 😂

Where did I blame Minteh?

The supposition the club have been sat around doing nothing is silly.

What they have been doing, and quite rightly so, is trying to ensure we kept our best players. 

How on Earth they're supposed to anticipate Minteh turning down Lyon to go to Dyche's Everton, I will never know.

But no problem. If push comes to shove Isak or Bruno will go to a Prem rival. Just perfect.

Just now, Kanji said:

Refusing to play at Lyon to play for Everton is probably the single dumbest thing he could ever consider. 

The kid has no idea what he's letting himself in for, which is very unfortunate for him.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Where did I blame Minteh?

The supposition the club have been sat around doing nothing is silly.

What they have been doing, and quite rightly so, is trying to ensure we kept our best players. 

How on Earth they're supposed to anticipate Minteh turning down Lyon to go to Dyche's Everton, I will never know.

But no problem. If push comes to shove Isak or Bruno will go to a Prem rival. Just perfect.

Yeah I’m saying let’s sell Bruno and Isak ffs. Im also not saying the club are sitting doing nothing (although we really haven’t maximised sponsorship imo, not even close). But if we do fail to meet the PSR deadline it’s due to the a failure of the club.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Minteh is under no obligation to modify his career goals for our short term accounting needs - if he stays as a result cannot say I'd be unhappy

It appears the only PL club interested in him currently is a club who has been staring at the brink of relegation and bankruptcy. 

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'd expect them to have a nuclear option of Miggy and/or Wilson to Saudi for just enough money as a fallback option of avoiding a points deduction.

fwiw, some reports have claimed Jordan Henderson didn't actually receive any of that huge salary he was offered in Saudi. He deferred it for tax, and then left before he started receiving it. Football in Saudi is like some Twilight Zone way beyond my comprehension.