Yankuba Minteh

3 hours ago, OverThere said:

Selling Minteh and buying DCL is progress??

That sounds terrifyingly bad. There are deals where you can be dubious but the idea of letting go a young player who is attracting massive interest and bringing in an injury prone guy with a mediocre goals record is absolutely fucking nuts. 

Id take DCL for 15-20m if nobody else is leaving, as back up but that's it. 

We scored a shit load of goals last season and almiron didn't contribute hardly any of them....that's the position that needs strengthened, without buying anyone minteh gives us an option there at least 

7 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Just hope he doesn't turn out to be our version of Chelsea and De Bruyne/Salah

It's a ridiculous rule we need to sell to have the audacity to try and compete with the chosen few.

Thank god nobody on this forum will use it as a stick to beat Howe with at any point mind.......

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Has this whole buying DCL come from anyone trust worthy or are people on here just wearing their pants?

For the avoidance of doubt I’m able to confirm that I’m wearing pants. I won’t speak for others 

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Has this whole buying DCL come from anyone trust worthy or are people on here just wearing their pants?

TBF his transfer does tick a lot of boxes -

English

Good age

Last year of contract

Seems like a good bloke

Will move to the area

Could play alongside Isac 

Will fit straight in

Reasonable price.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF his transfer does tick a lot of boxes -

English

Good age

Last year of contract

Seems like a good bloke

Will move to the area

Could play alongside Isac 

Will fit straight in

Reasonable price.

Yeah - I 100% trust the process and agree, just read seven goals last season. He’ll score more at us I reckon and only one year left it could be a very good price. People comparing this to Ashley windows etc have a very very short memory and have just already been spoiled as the reason we’re having to do this is because of Ashley’s neglect and us basically starting from the ground with no sellable assets he left and no marketing or corporate input left by him.

£40m is magnificent business. 

If the profile of player we're after is Olise level then Minteh is unlikely to ever be worth this much again playing for us. 

DCL over the line means the rest of the window will likely be first teamers only and we'll have barely spent anything so far in the process of creating the squad that allows us to do that. 

RW

CD

CM?

Edited by Thumbheed

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

For the avoidance of doubt I’m able to confirm that I’m wearing pants. I won’t speak for others 

😂 was gonna change that but thought I’d leave it to see which comment I’d get

Said this before but my mate who supports Feyenoord doesn’t think he’s anything special (“headless chicken”).

Must admit he’s looked fine whenever I’ve seen him play but I’d rather sell someone unproven for some PSR headroom than one of our more established players. If we can get a top rw in using this wriggle-room then it’s a no-brainer, really.

Edited by McCormick

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Said this before but my mate who supports Feyenoord doesn’t think he’s anything special (“headless chicken”).

Must admit he’s looked fine whenever I’ve seen him play but I’d rather sell someone unproven for some PSR headroom than one of our more established players. If we can get a top rw in using this wriggle-room then it’s a no-brainer, really.

I’d still personally prefer to get shot off miggy who’s now 30 and only one year left, Wilson and Tripps personally but the problem is getting bids for them and getting them to agree to leave. Tripps and Wilson may be fine but there has been previous reports of miggy refusing to go.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I’d still personally prefer to get shot off miggy who’s now 30 and only one year left, Wilson and Tripps personally but the problem is getting bids for them and getting them to agree to leave. Tripps and Wilson may be fine but there has been previous reports of miggy refusing to go.

I don't think its an either/or.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Still think it is best to judge all of this at the end of the window.  Selling Minteh doesn't rule out selling others.

Almiron is also a proven PL player - not a great one, but proven.  Minteh is not.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Still think it is best to judge all of this at the end of the window.  Selling Minteh doesn't rule out selling others.

Almiron is also a proven PL player - not a great one, but proven.  Minteh is not.

Totally get that as well and do trust the process - I just think with one year left it’s put up or sell and I don’t want him getting a new deal personally.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, Gawalls said:

Really hope not - if they go anyway I’d be happy personally as I do feel now’s the time to cash in on those and move onwards.

I'm sure I said on here earlier on that I could see our entire right hand side gone in the summer (Trippier, Miggy, Longstaff.......Murphy maybe staying for his flexibility but his moving on wouldn't surprise).

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Totally get that as well and do trust the process - I just think with one year left it’s put up or sell and I don’t want him getting a new deal personally.

I think it is time for Almiron to move on - and I don't think he'll refuse a transfer; he just refused a transfer to Saudi Arabia.  Can't blame the man on that front

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I think it is time for Almiron to move on - and I don't think he'll refuse a transfer; he just refused a transfer to Saudi Arabia.  Can't blame the man on that front

No - I wouldn’t want to live out there.