Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

What a day that has been.

Whether stories have been planted to soften the Minteh sale, drive his price up, etc (I expect there is at least an element of truth to this).   The one takeaway I have from today is we need a DOF in place as soon as possible who can navigate these issues in a much more timely manner.

I think we are all aware that unless we can find a few more 'Mintehs' in the future a purple will need to go at some point.  Hopefully Nickson and co have a few lined up.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

To reinvest. Why does any club sell any youngster ? 

Because the youngster isn’t good enough for the team so they sell him.  Arsenal sold us Willock because they didn’t think he would be Arsenal level and they used the money to buy Odegaard. He was never going to get a game. 

City couldn’t promise Palmer he would be a regular at 21. 

Minteh might already be better than what we have in the squad.  His ceiling is considerably higher than the RWs in the squad. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

This is like City selling Phil Foden at 19. 

Howay man, that's clearly not the case, and a vast over over exaggeration of Minteh's abilities, I get you rate him, but that's way over the top.

Besides they sold Cole Palmer, Ferran Torres and the like over the years :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wonder how much we could get for miley? Think of that pure profit. 

I'd love to know what offers we have had for our players.  The likes of Longstaff, Anderson, Miggy, Wilson, etc. 

Whether a selection of those could have gone instead of Minteh.  I suspect there wasn't a great deal of interest.

12 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Didn’t Sky report the other day that the shortfall was 25m? Now 33 doesn’t cover it. 

Forest made a very strong case that they would have lost money on Brennan had they sold before the deadline. Ended up getting 20m more or so. Seems ridiculous having the PSR deadline in the middle of the window. 

Their argument was ridiculous considering they still had to sell diakate and mangala for about £40m this year to avoid getting done. They simply didn't care and rolled the dice for the extra cash over points

2 minutes ago, Ritchies Furrowed Brow said:

Whether stories have been planted to soften the Minteh sale, drive his price up, etc (I expect there is at least an element of truth to this).   The one takeaway I have from today is we need a DOF in place as soon as possible who can navigate these issues in a much more timely manner.

I think we are all aware that unless we can find a few more 'Mintehs' in the future a purple will need to go at some point.  Hopefully Nickson and co have a few lined up.

Aye. That’s the silver lining in a good and bad way. If it wasn’t Minteh - it would’ve been a top player. That’s a huge relief and fucking scary at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not yet. I think Minteh has the potential to be a 60m+ RW and we’re selling him for £33m now because PSR is forcing us. Brighton think the same.  That’s shit on our end. 

I don’t think we are selling him because we want to. Do you ?

So if he's not yet good enough, then why were you talking about having to spend on a right winger because we are selling him?

Would we not then be doing that anyway if we kept him, as he isn't yet good enough?

Also, his higher potential is the reason we are getting the fee we are, and so that is a factor already. Just because he might be worth more in the future that doesn't mean we get that type of money now. 

We are selling him now because he is not likely to be ready to start and we are already planning to bring in such a player on the right, and so he's been sold due to PSR.

Just now, Ritchies Furrowed Brow said:

Long and short is that flogging a player that's never played for us for 5 times what we paid is good business on paper no matter how he turns out.

This balls could all be sorted out by one simple rule change...all transfers to be paid up front and in full. Then there's none of this amortisation crap, no being able to sell a player 10m to be able to fund 50m in transfers. And no more "undisclosed" fees. Then it's open, honest and ultimately fair

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Because the youngster isn’t good enough for the team so they sell him.  Arsenal sold us Willock because they didn’t think he would be Arsenal level and they used the money to buy Odegaard. He was never going to get a game. 

City couldn’t promise Palmer he would be a regular at 21. 

Minteh might already be better than what we have in the squad.  His ceiling is considerably higher than the RWs in the squad. 

And if it's reinvested in the RW of our dreams, like an Olise ?

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's amazing how many people have been hoodwinked by the club into thinking this is a good idea. 

One of europes hottest properties sold without a game played so we could overspend on players like Barnes. Tragic in every sense. 

:lol: Howay, mate. 

This Barnes was a poor deal narrative has to stop. It's barmy.