Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

21 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Same for you. No idea where you guys are reading Minteh is the “next best thing in World football”…

TCD did compare him to Phil Foden yesterday in fairness :lol: 

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Going to be fun when he has a blinding game and this gets bumped every week

It will definitely happen, which would be perfectly fine.

The funny thing is, it will be by the same sorts of people that get so wound up when you dare to mention how they were wrong about some other player.

I'm here for all of it though. Let's go.

49 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Maybe you’re wrong about the level of the league and the potential of the player if a number of PL clubs and foreign CL level clubs were vying for his signature at a significant fee..? Time will tell how well he does, we seemingly needed rid due to psr and we’ve sold at a good fee/profit, but let’s not pretend we’d not be stoked if instead of selling a 33m rated 19 year old right wing wonderkid that the likes of Brighton and Dortmund were after, we’d be buying one.

The majority of individuals would likely express concerns regarding our excessive financial commitment and emphasize the league's current financial difficulties. It is crucial to address our urgent need for an experienced and accomplished right winger. Failure to secure a position in the Conference League, at the very least, may result in the departure of key players such as Isak and Bruno. From a strategic standpoint, it would be prudent to consider selling this player for a sum of 33 million rather than risk losing our star players. It is highly probable that he would have been loaned out once again during the upcoming season. Brighton operates as a selling club and is content with its current position in the football hierarchy. They can anticipate finishing in 12th place next season without significant consequences. However, if we finish in 7th place once more and miss out on European competition, our top player may seek a transfer. Players such as Gordon, Botman, Isak, and Bruno have consistently emphasized the club's ambition and direction as primary factors influencing their decision to join. Consequently, I would advocate for the sale of any player within reach to retain these individuals.

It's all so pointless though isn't it, we needed to sell him due to our circumstances nd we got a decent fee all considered, whatever happens after that is irrelevant really, not like we are banned from ever signing another RW

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

One guy saying he will be the new Mane doesn’t exactly mean that’s the general expectation/viewpoint. He has massive potential! I think he will start slowly but towards the end of the season I reckon he will be pretty damn good. I i get why we have sold him but I also understand why people don’t like it. That’s it. 

My crusade isn't towards the "general viewpoint" it's towards the minority of idiots.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, doubts Minteh is a talented young player. So what? We have to sell him. We need the money. Good luck to him. I hope he does well. In fact, no, I don't care if he does well. I care about NUFC here and now. 

We need to invest in our current first team, we can do that now.

This kind of sign-to-sell with young players is necessary if we want to compete in this league. It’s particularly consequential when we make little to nothing on sales of Ashley-era players who desperately need to be moved out of the squad in favor of new signings.

Whether or not Minteh becomes a world beater and/or doubles Brighton’s ROI is completely irrelevant to the top brass at the club. To be able to buy, we’ve gotta sell.

Edited by Deuce

Just now, STM said:

My crusade isn't towards the "general viewpoint" it's towards the minority of idiots.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, doubts Minteh is a talented young player. So what? We have to sell him. We need the money. Good luck to him. I hope he does well. In fact, no, I don't care if he does well. I care about NUFC here and now. 

I know why we have sold him. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Seriously mate..? :spit:

We aren't mates. Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Game Awards

Edit: I'm just joking. Seriously though chill, we've lost a good young player, we will be fine.

Edited by STM

7 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

The majority of individuals would likely express concerns regarding our excessive financial commitment and emphasize the league's current financial difficulties. It is crucial to address our urgent need for an experienced and accomplished right winger. Failure to secure a position in the Conference League, at the very least, may result in the departure of key players such as Isak and Bruno. From a strategic standpoint, it would be prudent to consider selling this player for a sum of 33 million rather than risk losing our star players. It is highly probable that he would have been loaned out once again during the upcoming season. Brighton operates as a selling club and is content with its current position in the football hierarchy. They can anticipate finishing in 12th place next season without significant consequences. However, if we finish in 7th place once more and miss out on European competition, our top player may seek a transfer. Players such as Gordon, Botman, Isak, and Bruno have consistently emphasized the club's ambition and direction as primary factors influencing their decision to join. Consequently, I would advocate for the sale of any player within reach to retain these individuals.

I fully agree, but fail to see the relevance. I believe selling Minteh for 33m was the right thing to do all things considered. That’s not to say I don’t think he can develop into a player we may look back regretting to have had to sell.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

We aren't mates. Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Game Awards

Edit: I'm just joking. Seriously though chill, we've lost a good young player, we will be fine.

We've not really lost anything. It's kind of like saying we'll play the lottery next week and getting pissed off it the numbers we might have put on come up but we didn't actually play. 

34 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Nope, not Mane either. Just that he seems a very talented lad who could well become one of the best in his position over the next few years. I don’t think that’s an outrageous statement considering the clubs after him and the fee he’s commanded…?

Considering the clubs - is that Everton or Brighton?

For £33m, I wonder if that's low enough to expect a sell-on clause. It's a shame and one completely brought about by an unfair, rigging of the system, but I guess it's for a player who we've never had play for us, so hopefully we'll never miss what we've never had. Still a bag of wank that we had to sell him though.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Apparently, thinking like this makes you head in the clouds positive.

What we should all do is continue to complain about losing the player, and make out that this means the club has done a terrible job of managing things.

Bear in mind the window has barely opened, and we are yet to see what kind of business is done with incomings.

When we start making signings and we see how the team looks once the football starts, then we'll see how strongly that all holds up.

It’s staggering how many academy players that Man City have sold in the past decade. Some have become decent players; others haven’t amounted to much at all.

Man City have consistently used the funds generated from those sales to buy quality first-team players. Cole Palmer could turn into the next CR7, but Man City will have won the league another half dozen times in the meantime. And they’d be able to buy him back anyway!

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Most clubs have prospects like this it’s just people on here getting excited as its new for us.

All well and good if you actually have a decent player in that position in the first place. No problem flipping prospects then but our RW position is rank. I hope we do buy someone with the proceeds in the next few weeks.

Edited by OverThere

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He did not. He compared it to a hypothetical situation of City selling Foden and perhaps later regretting it.

Seriously guys, can yous not read..? 

This is like City selling Phil Foden at 19. Minteh is meant to be good enough for where we want to be in a couple years. It’s not like selling James Trafford who would be on the bench for as long as Ederson is around. 

At 19, during the 2019/20 season, Foden participated in 38 games across all competitions, contributing 8 goals and 9 assists. The team finished as the second-place league finishers and went on to win the league the following year and have maintained their success since. While it may be challenging to make direct comparisons between players in different contexts, it is worth considering whether Yankuba could potentially surpass Almiron in the team's pecking order during the upcoming season.