Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

Everton were recently docked two points for breaching PSR by £16.6m. Had we not sold Minteh, would we have been docked more than four points? Even then, the difference in class between Minteh vs Miggy/Murphy may have made up for that deduction...

5 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

Everton were recently docked two points for breaching PSR by £16.6m. Had we not sold Minteh, would we have been docked more than four points? Even then, the difference in class between Minteh vs Miggy/Murphy may have made up for that deduction...

There’s literally no evidence to suggest, as yet, that Minteh is better than either Miggy or Murphy. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There’s literally no evidence to suggest, as yet, that Minteh is better than either Miggy or Murphy. 

There is definitely some evidence, otherwise people wouldn't be so annoyed we sold him.

Yeah well, I mean people get annoyed about all sorts of stuff but I agree with SP that the jury is still out on this occasion.

10 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

There is definitely some evidence, otherwise people wouldn't be so annoyed we sold him.

Well not really. He had a good few months on loan, and has looked lively in his first outings as a Brighton player. That’s very different to being better than either Miggy or Murphy. 

(Not saying he won’t become better, but we just don’t know)

23 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That’s literally no evidence to suggest it would only be four points, am I right in assuming it must have been at least over the sale of Anderson or minteh alone otherwise we wouldn’t have sold them both

Think Minteh was sold more that it was like near £40m, and Murphy and Almiron didn’t have offers on the table at that stage and we always wanted a RW. 

Brighton obviously see something more in him than we do, otherwise I highly doubt we sell him, giving the lack of movement on RW.

23 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Think Minteh was sold more that it was like near £40m, and Murphy and Almiron didn’t have offers on the table at that stage and we always wanted a RW. 

Brighton obviously see something more in him than we do, otherwise I highly doubt we sell him, giving the lack of movement on RW.

What choice did we have?

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

What choice did we have?

Probably means if the club saw minteh as future world class, maybe how Brighton do, we’d have chose to sell someone else in his place to satisfy psr. a first teamer.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

How about the 40m Lyon were willing to pay for him, or the 35m Brighton ended up paying for him, whilst we can’t find anyone to offer even half that for the two you mention?

Look, Minteh is the real deal and unless he gets seriously injured and can’t recover  he’ll be at a bigger club for an eyewatering fee in a few years time. He’ll be the one that got away. Better get used to that notion.

2 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Probably means if the club saw minteh as future world class, maybe how Brighton do, we’d have chose to sell someone else in his place to satisfy psr. a first teamer.

It was either him or someone like Gordon.

We needed 30-40m on top of the Anderson sale.

Someone like Almiron only fetches 15m max and it doesn't look like anyone wants him which is why he's still here.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Sad to say, but there really is ... already.

Only one game and can already see he takes players on more confidently than both and already has an assist with his weaker right foot from that right side, which Miggy still hasn't figured out.

He also has great work rate too, to match the pair, and was tracking back and winning the ball back for Brighton.

I'm not one to keep harping on about the guy, and have completely let it go, but it was very apparent.

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

How about the 40m Lyon were willing to pay for him, or the 35m Brighton ended up paying for him, whilst we can’t find anyone to offer even half that for the two you mention?

Look, Minteh is the real deal and unless he gets seriously injured and can’t recover  he’ll be at a bigger club for an eyewatering fee in a few years time. He’ll be the one that got away. Better get used to that notion.

And you know this how?  Season ticket holder at Feyenoord were you?

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Sad to say, but there really is ... already.

Only one game and can already see he takes players on more confidently than both and already has an assist with his weaker right foot from that right side, which Miggy still hasn't figured out.

He also has great work rate too, to match the pair, and was tracking back and winning the ball back for Brighton.

I'm not one to keep harping on about the guy, and have completely let it go, but it was very apparent.

We'll soon see if he can do it consistently. He's just done it in a league where we had arguably the worst Ajax side in history, so not the best barometer. See what he's like against top class RBs, and teams who double up on him, etc. Cracking start but we've seen this before. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Minteh is definitely a talent, but can't help but think @Unbelievable is going to jinx his career by going so hard about him so soon :laugh:

He was saying he looked raw first couple of months of the season. Obviously matured into a top talent very quickly. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

We'll soon see if he can do it consistently. He's just done it in a league where we had arguably the worst Ajax side in history, so not the best barometer. See what he's like against top class RBs, and teams who double up on him, etc. Cracking start but we've seen this before. 

All I'm saying is I'm taking him ahead of Murphy and Almiron, just for the few things I mentioned.

We've really grown so accustomed to how ordinary Almiron and Murphy are as wingers. No disrespect to them.

Now I feel bad about bumping this thread, only to realise that I would've been revived in 15 hours from now anyways.:lol: Atleast the first poster won't have to scroll.

Edited by Erikse

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was saying he looked raw first couple of months of the season. Obviously matured into a top talent very quickly. 

I said my Feyenoord supporting mate doesn’t rate him (“headless chicken”) and couldn’t believe the fees bandied around for him. Me, I’ve seen enough to think he’ll make it. He has pace, work rate, technical ability and strength and he’s landed at the perfect club to continue his development.

Some on here still think he’s just about ready for a Championship team somehow and not better than Almiron and Murphy. He evidently is.

edit: if you mean first couple of months of last season, then yes I did say that. And yes, he did develop very quickly and seemingly continues to do so at Brighton.

Edited by Unbelievable

My view for the Minteh shaggers;

We bought a talented youngster with 2 key options; sell for a profit to help PSR or promote to the first team. Due to the highly restrictive options from PSR we chose to sell, not necessarily because the club wanted to, but because the tight regulations meant we needed to unless we wanted to sell a more proven commodity. This isn't a reflection on poor ownership/leadership but the stupid PSR restrictions put in place. He may turn out to be a top quality player, he may also turn out to be dud. The safer bet for NUFC is to bet on the proven commodity, which is what we did. Had we qualified for Europe we may not have needed to chose either option but it's an educated gamble that the club took

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

It was either him or someone like Gordon.

We needed 30-40m on top of the Anderson sale.

Someone like Almiron only fetches 15m max and it doesn't look like anyone wants him which is why he's still here.

Oh I know. I was just saying that’s what the previous poster meant. 

39 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I said my Feyenoord supporting mate doesn’t rate him (“headless chicken”) and couldn’t believe the fees bandied around for him. Me, I’ve seen enough to think he’ll make it. He has pace, work rate, technical ability and strength and he’s landed at the perfect club to continue his development.

Some on here still think he’s just about ready for a Championship team somehow and not better than Almiron and Murphy. He evidently is.

edit: if you mean first couple of months of last season, then yes I did say that. And yes, he did develop very quickly and seemingly continues to do so at Brighton.

Honest question.  Have you ever seen him play?