Yankuba Minteh

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

Miley worth more than Minteh ? Not from what I saw.

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

The media are clearly manipulating the situation. Sky putting out on socials we need to sell before 30th June etc. We don’t appear to  have much influence over main stream media, certain other clubs, Liverpool included, do, and use it to their considerable benefit.

I don’t believe there has been a bid either, and I hope there isn’t one.

Fwiw, and I could be wrong, I don’t believe we fail ffp in 23/24, but I do believe it is tight.

Trust in the club and Eddie, not in “paper talk”.

There’s still no manipulation - we’ve only sold one player under this regime so we’ve never been manipulated, paper talk or not. If we’re ever sold him its because it suits our needs and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Miley worth more than Minteh ? Not from what I saw.

They’re in two different leagues - this £40m is too little for Minteh is crazy talk imo

Just now, Gawalls said:

They’re in two different leagues - this £40m is too little for Minteh is crazy talk imo

I think so as well but right now I think Minteh would be closer to holding down a first team spot than Miley.

I like Miley, I thinkbhe could have a hell of a future in front of him but I think he's over rated so far on here.

Out of interest, where has this confidence in Minteh come from? Like I know he's been alright, but by all accounts he's not been amazing. If someone offered £40m I'd snap their hands off, as it feels like he's still a bit of an unknown quantity, and would help our finances no end.

He absolutely looks a talent and a bit of a maverick.. which is why I don’t think Eddie Howe would keep him in the squad. He’d much rather sign British which is why I think Bowen may be a goer.

But looking at his clips I can definitely see the comparisons he’s been getting to elite players.

Funds from Minteh and Almiron could well fund a move for Bowen?

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He absolutely looks a talent and a bit of a maverick.. which is why I don’t think Eddie Howe would keep him in the squad. He’d much rather sign British which is why I think Bowen may be a goer.

But looking at his clips I can definitely see the comparisons he’s been getting to elite players.

Funds from Minteh and Almiron could well fund a move for Bowen?

Can we please stop the narrative, it's patently not true :lol:

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest, where has this confidence in Minteh come from? Like I know he's been alright, but by all accounts he's not been amazing. If someone offered £40m I'd snap their hands off, as it feels like he's still a bit of an unknown quantity, and would help our finances no end.

I watched  few of his games throughout the season and he's definitely kicked on since Christmas. 

If only we had a Dutch poster who'd be better placed to gauge how he's viewed over there :coolsmiley:

Let's hope he shines pre-season and forces his way into Eddie's thinking.  It just depends how close we are to the wire come 30th June and who else we are able to sell.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

I watched  few of his games throughout the season and he's definitely kicked on since Christmas. 

If only we had a Dutch poster who'd be better placed to gauge how he's viewed over there :coolsmiley:

16 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

FWIW my match-going Feyenoord supporting mate thinks 40m is a ridiculously high fee for what he calls a “headless chicken”. I’d normally be loath to sell our potential future stars to rival clubs, but considering FFP is sadly a reality we have to deal with and there being no guarantee Minteh will become a world beater I think letting him go is the safer option if it allows us to invest a multitude of that through the profit it generates.

On another note, I hope the club continue to keep their eye out for young promising players like this. We need to get good players before their fee becomes too high for us, and we need the transfer income through developing players.

Whatever we decide to do if a bid actually comes in, we can’t really lose if a young player we brought in for relative peanuts is worth a multitude of what we paid after one year out on loan.

:p

13 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

On the to sell list before Minteh:

Almiron

Dubravka

Longstaff

Murphy

Wilson

Lascelles

Krafth

Ashby

Kuol
Trippier

Is this not the issue, though? One player who's never even played for us would bring in at least half as what those 10 would fetch combined, and we're not going to be signing 7-8 players this summer so it'd be a mighty small squad. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

FWIW my match-going Feyenoord supporting mate thinks 40m is a ridiculously high fee for what he calls a “headless chicken”. I’d normally be loath to sell our potential future stars to rival clubs, but considering FFP is sadly a reality we have to deal with and there being no guarantee Minteh will become a world beater I think letting him go is the safer option if it allows us to invest a multitude of that through the profit it generates.

On another note, I hope the club continue to keep their eye out for young promising players like this. We need to get good players before their fee becomes too high for us, and we need the transfer income through developing players.

Whatever we decide to do if a bid actually comes in, we can’t really lose if a young player we brought in for relative peanuts is worth a multitude of what we paid after one year out on loan.

Sorry like, that's what a mate says, your mate might be a Dutch Merson You're supposed to be our resident expert on all things Orange.

You're sacked !

;D

Edited by madras

It would kill me if we sold Minteh to Liverpool and he became the next big thing.

We really do need to have a close look at him in pre-season before deciding.

If Slot rates him so highly that he wants him in his Liverpool squad it is telling us what great potential he has.

WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER... Why let him go???

57 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

From some interviews and articles about him, it sounds like he's extremely dedicated to bettering himself and his career, so I'd imagine Eddie would be all over him.

It's probably the thing that makes me most reluctant to see him go - determination and ambition matched with unteachable talents like speed can be lethal. A bit like Gordon.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

Minteh scored in the CL mate

41 minutes ago, buzza said:

It would kill me if we sold Minteh to Liverpool and he became the next big thing.

We really do need to have a close look at him in pre-season before deciding.

If Slot rates him so highly that he wants him in his Liverpool squad it is telling us what great potential he has.

WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER... Why let him go???

Presumably because the fee we get for him would allow us to get a RW whom we deem better than him in the here and now.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

He's scored roughly a goal or assist per 90 minutes as an 18/19 year old in the dutch league, scored in the champions league, advanced metrics are in the 98th/99th percentile across attack and defending, and has won the praise and interest of Arne Slot and Liverpool, potentially among others to come.

I understand a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to stuff like this, but why do we seem to be having such a hard time accepting that we have a real gem on our hands? If this lad gets Eddie ball beaten into his brow I feel like he could be something special... Hope management agrees. With that said if they decide to sell, then I trust their judgment.

I'm a bit surprised at the reaction to this but football is all about opinions. 

To me, if 40 mill is offered I wouldn't even hesitate to sell, even to Liverpool. 33 million profit on a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us represents an insane opportunity to help with PSR, and these are surely the sort of logical and smart deals we have to make short term,  both to avoid selling any of our superstars and also strengthen quickly in the right areas.

I don't really get the listing of players who should go before him thing either. That's obvious, but selling Minteh doesnt means all other deals are off the table, and I'm pretty sure the manager will know this. Finding willing buyers is the issue, and if you can find a club willing to part 20mil for Almiron (who I hate to use as an example), then you are working miracles. 

Clearly, if Minteh turned out amazing for someone else and we're still trotting deadwood out 3/4 of the way through the season, then it would look stupid, but if we've added to the squad properly no one should be that bothered, but thats my view.

I've read some fans say we are bad sellers, from a business point of view and thats probably true. But emotionally it's true even more so, and never has this been clearer given the reaction to this rumour. 

Posted (edited)

Didn’t we buy people like Minteh mainly for the purposes of selling them? Obviously a bonus if they end of playing well for us. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I'd rather sell Almiron for £10m instead of the alleged £20-30m he's worth and get Saudi to give him that extra £10m as a cash bonus just to agree to the move.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t we buy people like Minteh mainly for the purposes of selling them? Obviously a bonus if they end of playing well for us. 

You churn those that don't make it and keep ones that do. Kuol will be sold and Minteh should be retained.

Posted (edited)

We can sell prospects like Chelsea once we have a squad fit for purpose but right now that isn't the case. We actually need Minteh for our squad right now. We have a ton of players that need to be moved on before him.

Edited by OverThere