Sandro Tonali: confirmed as being available for selection from 28.08

The Prophet

40 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Hasn't he been in the training pics and all?  

But apart from the multiple photos of him actually training how are we to know hes actually training?

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

But apart from the multiple photos of him actually training how are we to know hes actually training?

Or dead even? 

Fwiw I think him, Bruno and Big Joe are gonna fuck this league right up the doofer

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Or dead even? 

Fwiw I think him, Bruno and Big Joe are gonna fuck this league right up the doofer

Weekend at Bernies style? Agree though, excited to see them together

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

How was he bang on, exactly?

He’s not injured

He cant even play behind closed doors friendlies?

14 minutes ago, TRC said:

He cant even play behind closed doors friendlies?

Which has got nothing to do with what that ITK is claiming?

Howay mate

40 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Which has got nothing to do with what that ITK is claiming?

Howay mate

Nothing, it was a genuine question, I thought he was not playing because he was injured.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Someone’s gonna have to explain the logic behind this being OK, but if we’d charged folk two quid to come and watch it, it wouldn’t have been OK?

Burnley announced that they would be taking on Newcastle in a behind closed doors game earlier this month. An encounter with Leeds is also thought to have been set up to ensure Tonali gets pre-season minutes.

This guys return is one of the only things getting me excited about the coming season. 

I look forward to that game when he just arrives so to speak. He's showed spells of class. I'd like to see the full thing.

35 minutes ago, SteV said:

Someone’s gonna have to explain the logic behind this being OK, but if we’d charged folk two quid to come and watch it, it wouldn’t have been OK?

Because then people might bet on it? 

I saw these comments from the Mag from Eddie Howe on Sandro - 

“Sandro Tonali has come back really fit and focused.

“You can see a change in his demeanour.

“There is definitely a change in him, in terms of [how he is] feeling as he is closer to playing.

“It is very difficult when you have that stretch ahead of you and you are not going to play competitively for such a length of time.

“He now looks ready to play, ready to make a difference.

“He does feel like an absolute new signing and somebody who we desperately missed last year.

“He will feel like he has got points to prove, objectives to hit.

“He came here with very clear motivations to be successful.

“He is a deep thinker and someone who wants to do very well.

“I have no doubt he will.”

I always felt there was something missing from Sandro's performances last season (understandably in hindsight) and I've been one of his doubters. I find these comments very encouraging.

Edited by Cronky

I hope tonali is a great success this season. But as a fan base we are a bit mental to heap hero praise on him and talk about longstaff as no good cunt. 

One player made himself available through injury last season because we were desperate, another was selfish and disregarded all the rules which cost us massively - that financial implication may have been the difference in young Anderson been forced out the club. 

Tonali needs to prove himself.

10 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I hope tonali is a great success this season. But as a fan base we are a bit mental to heap hero praise on him and talk about longstaff as no good cunt. 

One player made himself available through injury last season because we were desperate, another was selfish and disregarded all the rules which cost us massively - that financial implication may have been the difference in young Anderson been forced out the club. 

Tonali needs to prove himself.

How did Tonali being banned mean we had to sell Anderson ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

How did Tonali being banned mean we had to sell Anderson ?

Because with a few extra points we could have got into Europe and not needed to sell

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Because with a few extra points we could have got into Europe and not needed to sell

Being in Europe next season would not have given us more money before July, other than a couple million for finishing higher up the table, and so would not have had an effect on selling Anderson.

Edited by healthyaddiction

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Not a chance Europe would have gotten us enough money to make up the shortfall.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not saying I agree with it, just saying that was his point

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fuck knows, on a nufc accountant would know. Do you not get 15m for the champions league qualifying? 

Anyway, Point was the hero treatment compared to longstaff who constantly gets called worse that shite