Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think any of the midfielders laid a glove on city’s.  But they were tactically outmatched.  

Of the 3 I think Tonali was the best. But none of them had a good game. 

He was definitely the best of the 3 tonight. Joelinton never got started and Bruno looked pretty sluggish and was being overrun. He wasn't great tonight but definitely the pick of the midfield 3.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think any of the midfielders laid a glove on city’s.  But they were tactically outmatched.  

I feel as Tonali gets off as he is new signing. He did absolutely nothing tonight and was subsequently subbed off in the 67th minute. Had to check some stats and compared to Bruno he lost the ball more, had less touches, won less duels and passed it wrong more in 67 minutes of play.

Thought he looked amazing last week, but the midfield trio looked outclassed tonight (they are a better side, so well drilled tactically) and that was a largely because neither Joe or Sandro really got going.

Edited by Flip

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

I feel as Tonali gets off as he is new signing. He did absolutely nothing tonight and was subsequently subbed off in the 67th minute. Had to check some stats and compared to Bruno he lost the ball more, had less touches, won less duels and passed it wrong more in 67 minutes of play.

Thought he looked amazing last week, but the midfield trio looked outclassed tonight (they are a better side, so well drilled tactically) and that was a largely because neither Joe or Sandro really got going.

Maybe. I don’t think any of them had a good game anyway and tactically Howe had no answer for what City did with Foden and Alvarez. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Maybe. I don’t think any of them had a good game anyway and tactically Howe had no answer for what City did with Foden and Alvarez. 

Agreed, first 15 minutes in the 2nd half was shambles. Man City are just a fantastic side and Foden was fantastic tonight. At the end of the day 1-0 loss away at the Etihad to a fantastic goal has to be accepted. Even Europes top teams would accept a defeat like this.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Agreed, first 15 minutes in the 2nd half was shambles. Man City are just a fantastic side and Foden was fantastic tonight. At the end of the day 1-0 loss away at the Etihad to a fantastic goal has to be accepted. Even Europes top teams would accept a defeat like this.

Aye but would’ve liked to have given them more of a game and shown different facets to us. The score line flatters us. 

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was just thinking that. Not saying any of the 3 had bad games, I'm just struggling to think of anything that jumps out at me that any of the 3 done, which against City, isn't going to get you much. 6/10 for all 3

We just played fucking timid man. Everything we did was sloppy, weak. It’s annoying in these big games. It’s like they haven’t got the mentality to step it up at times. Overwhelmed by the occasion. Felt the same at the cup final. 

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Still annoyed by that ridiculous decision to give him a yellow card. It meant he couldn’t press for the rest of the game like he usually does, which affected us more than we think.

Not sure what the new brief is regarding yellows. But last night seemed to be a yellow for anything we did. But fuck all the other way :lol: a couple of ours felt soft as fuck. 

Thing is, if he's living in Gosforth, he's possibly seen it when driving passed and booked a table. I highly doubt much effort has gone into working out how nice it would be.

Bare in mind, only countries like us and the US have such establishments whereby you attract the clientele by actively making the place more cheap and nasty. 

Most restaurants pride themselves on the quality of the cuisine. Must have been like being on Mars for pure Sandro.