Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, KaKa said:

Never wrote Willock off.

Besides that, Joe Willock had been at the club for two seasons, and took a while to get going under Howe, but came good eventually, which I acknowledged.

You've just stated the Tonali signing is bizarre after 8 Premier League games. No correlation whatsoever.

Nice try though.

Sorry like Kaka but you were hyper critical of Willock I disagreed with you at the time. I always felt like because he wasn't scoring goals a lot of fans were getting on his back despite him doing some great stuff other than finishing.

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought he was great second half. Seen enough the last few games to think him, Bruno, +1 is the way to go long term. 

Him and Bruno are too similar for me it has to be Bruno Longstaff/Joelinton and a creative guy in our midfield 3......Pacqueta being the ideal choice

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Never wrote Willock off.

Besides that, Joe Willock had been at the club for two seasons, and took a while to get going under Howe, but came good eventually, which I acknowledged.

You've just stated the Tonali signing is bizarre after 8 Premier League games. No correlation whatsoever.

Nice try though.

You totally wrote Willock off. You also said we should replace Schar, but whatevs. Be positive about our players, I love Tonali, bizarre signing (in context) or not.

Just now, TRon said:

Sorry like Kaka but you were hyper critical of Willock I disagreed with you at the time. I always felt like because he wasn't scoring goals a lot of fans were getting on his back despite him doing some great stuff other than finishing.

I didn't think his performances were good, especially defensively. 

If that is writing a player off then whatever man.

No idea how any of this is comparable to Tonali being. 'bizarre' signing based off 8 league games.

If that makes sense to you then good luck.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

You totally wrote Willock off. You also said we should replace Schar, but whatevs. Be positive about our players, I love Tonali, bizarre signing (in context) or not.

If that narrative makes you feel better go for it.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I didn't think his performances were good, especially defensively. 

If that is writing a player off then whatever man.

No idea how any of this is comparable to Tonali being. 'bizarre' signing based off 8 league games.

If that makes sense to you then good luck.

I stuck up for Willock because I saw him doing some incredible running, nice dummies and ball carrying even if he wasn't finishing well. I'll stick up for Tonali because I see the same sort of qualities, albeit he's off the pace a bit. That's my take on it. I see good footballers in both essentially.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I stuck up for Willock because I saw him doing some incredible running, nice dummies and ball carrying even if he wasn't finishing well. I'll stick up for Tonali because I see the same sort of qualities, albeit he's off the pace a bit. That's my take on it. I see good footballers in both essentially.

Not sure what any of this has to do with my conversation with Ronaldo at all.

On 05/10/2023 at 20:05, 80 said:

Yes, it seems like everyone is willing this transfer to work. I can hardly complain, usually I'm pissed off with people doing precisely the opposite, as with Gordon, so I'm leaning on the grateful side. Still, it's an interesting phenomenon.

This comment isn't ageing very well.

As someone who was supportive of Gordon in the early days though, it's fair to say Tonali hasn't had an auspicious start with us.

He almost looks like he's playing for a different team a lot of the time. It means there's a lot of room for improvement as and when he fully adapts, though. The club's track record with signings is so good over the past two years that I think it would be foolish to sour on this one any sooner than next season. But there are definitely questions to answer.

Just now, KaKa said:

Not sure what any of this has to do with my conversation with Ronaldo at all.

I said at half time Tonali’s one of our best players. You implied I’d written him off an hour later which is pretty rich given you’ve written half of our best Xl off at various times.

I’m all for a variety of opinions but we’re in great form and will be knocking on the door for top 4 come November. Your head goes when we drop points and you need to just chill a bit.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I said at half time Tonali’s one of our best players. You implied I’d written him off an hour later which is pretty rich given you’ve written half of our best Xl off at various times.

I’m all for a variety of opinions but we’re in great form and will be knocking on the door for top 4 come November. Your head goes when we drop points and you need to just chill a bit.

:lol:

My head goes when we drop points ... Um, no. That would be you questioning everything when we lost games at the start of the season.

I don't think you know what writing off means, so let me help you. You've said it's a bizarre signing after 8 games.

You can claim being critical of performances is the same all you want.I'm not buying what you're selling.

You're just making stuff up out of desperation now ;D

2 minutes ago, madras said:

You know, this place was less fractious when we were shit and we could all agree on it 

:lol: Really? I think we're just discovering that no matter how good, bad or average Newcastle United is, we'll always find something to argue about.

Just now, wormy said:

:lol: Really? I think we're just discovering that no matter how good, bad or average Newcastle United is, we'll always find something to argue about.

I suppose. This place could have bannings over an argument if something was brilliant or fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

For the benefit of anyone catching up, nobody has remotely written Tonali off and Kaka is sorry for calling our best players shit etc when he’s had a bad day.

:lol:

30 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Him and Bruno are too similar for me it has to be Bruno Longstaff/Joelinton and a creative guy in our midfield 3......Pacqueta being the ideal choice

I don't think they are. I think Tonali has more of an engine. Bruno in the centre, Tonali right, Willock/Joelinton left of the three for me.

He's a quality player and I think he is getting better with each game but his attempt to get in the way of their equaliser was reminiscent of that goal we conceded earlier in the season where he was just ambling towards the ball. Certainly could have had more urgency about him and thrown his leg in the way.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't think they are. I think Tonali has more of an engine. Bruno in the centre, Tonali right, Willock/Joelinton left of the three for me.

Still seriously lacking that midfielder that can unlock defences with them in there. Until we have that kind in the midfield then we will always struggle against the low block

4 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

He's a quality player and I think he is getting better with each game but his attempt to get in the way of their equaliser was reminiscent of that goal we conceded earlier in the season where he was just ambling towards the ball. Certainly could have had more urgency about him and thrown his leg in the way.

He was knackered to be fair. Not Eddie-fit quite yet , but he'll get there... Gordon had similar lapses last season until he assimilated

I wish people wouldn’t write players off so soon. We are not in the Ashley era any more with Charnley and bruce. We’ve got new owners,new directors,Dan ashworth and Darren Eales , Eddie Howe and his coaching team and one he’ll of a scouting system. Trust the people who are bringing these players in they are a hell of a lot more clued up than we are. So trust the system support the players who are brought in and stop with the fuckin pissy bed sheets.

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I can see this in the future, but I don't think that it would be fair to start Tonali over Longstaff now from what we have seen so far this season. At the same time we need to play Tonali so that he can build relationship with his teammates.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Looking for 2 sizeable improvements from him, his passing needs to sharpen up and some of his defending needs a bit more commitment from him

Depends what you mean on his passing mind, our most accurate passer today.

37 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

For the benefit of anyone catching up, nobody has remotely written Tonali off and Kaka is sorry for calling our best players shit etc when he’s had a bad day.

Certainly. I haven’t written Sandrinho off. I will give him time because he’s not fully training. I will likely wait ‘til until next season but atm I don’t see what he’s bringing. Please enlighten me.