NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

So what I’m getting is a lot of people were saying “we really need someone to unlock those tight defences” so we get barnes, people then say “ffs - another season with burn at lb scares me” and as soon as we’re linked with one then people move on to “fuck - what if schar gets injured, we’d be screwed”.

Great isn’t it? Far better than scrambling in the bins for Hamza Choudray.

So what I’m getting is a lot of people were saying “we really need someone to unlock those tight defences” so we get barnes, people then say “ffs - another season with burn at lb scares me” and as soon as we’re linked with one then people move on to “fuck - what if schar gets injured, we’d be screwed”.

We're probably 3 players away from being able to genuinely challenge for the title - LB, CB and RW. I imagine us to be in that position by the end of the next summer window.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

We're probably 3 players away from being able to genuinely challenge for the title - LB, CB and RW. I imagine us to be in that position by the end of the next summer window.

All I’m saying is just remember we’ve spent around £400m in the rolling 3 years for ffp and that’s with very little outgoings and very like commercial side incoming either.

At some point the pot will run dry.

Just now, Gawalls said:

All I’m saying is just remember we’ve spent around £400m in the rolling 3 years for ffp and that’s with very little outgoings and very like commercial side incoming either.

Not for us plebs to worry about. We have a highly professional team running this club now.

Hall is a top talent. And at 30m is a steal.

Newcastle is 3 top players away from competing for the the title. A LB, a fast CB (Tolibo for me is perfect for you) and a creative and skillful winger (serius mistake sell Saint Maximin; now you could buy Kudus). 

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yeah, I expect at some point in the next year or two a fairly barren year in terms of incomings unless 1) we make a good run in the CL this year 2) we continue to qualify for the CL and/or 3) we make a couple of big sales 

Get Hall in and we have such a hotbed of youngsters for the future of the first team. 

And I think Miley could be the best of the lot. 

Hotbed of youngsters probably not the best way to word it actually but you know what I mean.

Edited by Scotty66

13 minutes ago, jigen said:

Hall is a top talent. And at 30m is a steal.

Newcastle is 3 top players away from competing for the the title. A LB, a fast CB (Tolibo for me is perfect for you) and a creative and skillful winger (serius mistake sell Saint Maximin; now you could buy Kudus). 

As much as I love ASM I don’t think he’s a title winning material. 

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Yeah, I expect at some point in the next year or two a fairly barren year in terms of incomings unless 1) we make a good run in the CL this year 2) we continue to qualify for the CL and/or 3) we make a couple of big sales 

Or we start making money from things like commercial and the acedemy etc.

I assume commercial will keep rising, but that feels like it will be more gradual over years instead of a big spike that fixes everything. Though there could be a big lift from a new shirt manufacturer, although there's so much conflicting info about when the Castore deal ends.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think we are starting to hit things from all angles. Commercial, Academy prospects, buy and loan out to increase value and buying young first team players that increase or retain value. Might take a few year to reap benefits but it's coming and we look incredibly well ran.

There will be some that don't come off but now worried about spunking 30 mil on 18 year old as we know what we are doing.

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

As much as I love ASM I don’t think he’s a title winning material. 

But now you lack a creative winger, with dribbling and skills. Because Gordon and Barnes are very fast and powerful but they need space. And Almiron is a good player but not elite. 

42 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Yes. Lascelles was pretty solid away to Liverpool last season iirc. Lascelles as a backup isn’t a big a deal as some are making out imo. 

?? More so with who’s now around him, coupled with Howe fitness & training. 

1 minute ago, jigen said:

But now you lack a creative winger, with dribbling and skills. Because Gordon and Barnes are very fast and powerful but they need space. And Almiron is a good player but not elite. 

And ASM needs 40 games to play a dozen, barnes had less than half an hour and got a goal and an assist, should have been two.

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

ASM isn’t elite either. None of our wingers are but they’re definitely more consistent and less injury prone than Maxi. 

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Harvey Barnes is a more intelligent footballer than Maxi. His goals and assists will surpass Maxi’s very quickly. He will effect the link up in attack more positively too is what I see. Also Harvey and Anthony give and go with link up to Bruno and Sandro. Sum total of our parts we are now stronger and more fluid without Maxi (love him btw). 

From the little I’ve seen of him I really like his passing and crosses on top decent pace and good technical ability. Looks a progressive passer. Really hope this happens. Seems mature for his age. Would be an exciting signing even if only 18. Chelsea fans seem very upset which is always a good indication of how highly rated a player is. 

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

I know were just so spoilt since the take over. :bluestar: