NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Guys I give up.

This is the last I will say on this.

Chelsea are apparently now open to selling him to recoup money.

My point is that based on that £50 million is not happening for them. A £50 million price means they are not open to selling.

Like talking to a castle wall.

Just now, KaKa said:

If you believe 11 Premier League cameos trumps a full season doing what Maatsen did at Burnley then fair enough. I disagree.

I can see your point. But those stats can imply Chelsea rely on Hall in the PL more than Maatsen. (Which yes, I’m twisting the meaning a little). As I said, the stats can be misleading. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, no problem. Just wasn't sure how else to say what I already had done. 

Let's see what happens.

I think we can sum up your view as if they want to sell him 50m is an absurd price and this is a most reasonable position. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yes, they would be better off. However, it’s not conclusive that Hall has signed a new deal. And it’s also been reported that we have potentially turned his head and he might want a move, which is why the loan to Palace hasn’t occurred. 

Yeah, I get that. But even then he still has 3 years left on his deal so it's not like theyre at immediate risk.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think we can sum up your view as if they want to sell him 50m is an absurd price and this is a most reasonable position.

Yes, exactly. That's a price no one is going to pay for him at this stage.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Plus were after hall so if they need to shift someone to balance the books surely it's someone other teams are interested in. 

It's also a position they are very well stocked in, with Chilwell, Cucurella and Maatsen. 

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And Hall as been good in every PL game he’s played in- a clear step up from the championship. 

I didn’t think he was that good in the last game of the season against us, his positioning was poor as was his work rate in getting back when Chelsea lost the ball.

When you consider he was marking Miggy who doesn’t have the most dynamic movement off the ball, then he has a lot of work to do to be considered a £40 million footballer on ability alone.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I have dug out the highlights from us beating Chelsea at home last season and Hall’s positioning is all over the place when we attack.

Wasn’t that his premier league debut? Can’t judge him to harshly.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I have dug out the highlights from us beating Chelsea at home last season and Hall’s positioning is all over the place when we attack.

In all fairness I think that was his first ever Premier League start and it was the away game at the end of last season where he looked quality.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Thank you for posting this. That was our best knee slide of the season at the end there!

1 minute ago, Eveready said:

In all fairness I think that was his first ever Premier League start and it was the away game at the end of last season where he looked quality.

He looked good going forward but defensively he has poor positioning and is lazy to get back from being in attack.

On the topic of Hall I’ve two quick questions:

1. Has he signed a new 6 yr deal?

2. If Hall wanted to join us as our interest has been a fairly open secret all window why would he sign a 6 yr deal making it harder for us to transfer him?

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

He won the academy player of the year and he’s only 18 and has already broken into the first team. 

I think they view him as a massive talent and from everything I’ve read they don’t particularly want to sell him. 

I of course hope I’m wrong and would love us to get him on the cheap but I just don’t see it. 

Livramento also won Chelsea academy player of the year so that shows his potential big time

This was the final game of the season and he doesn’t seem to know who to pick up, the first time picking Gordon up and then the next attack ball watching when Gordon drifts in and scores.

If you then see the move where Miley hits the bar he is about 20 yards out of position and casually jogging back while Miggy has the ball, not even attempting to put any effort in to picking anyone up.

The point Ponsaelius makes is a valid one, does Hall see himself as a left back or someone covering there to get first team experience.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

On the topic of Hall I’ve two quick questions:

1. Has he signed a new 6 yr deal?

2. If Hall wanted to join us as our interest has been a fairly open secret all window why would he sign a 6 yr deal making it harder for us to transfer him?

He was reported to have signed a 6 year deal but it's never actually been announced. The rumour seems to be that this has stalled.

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The other thing to consider with Hall btw is whether the player even considers himself a left back. He has by all accounts always been a midfielder, who got into the first team at left back.

Point may have already been made but that could be why we’re keen - spell trippier with Livramento and put hall on the other side to replicate what trippier does from the left (ie wide midfielder when in possession). I can see it as a loan with obligation to buy or outright buy only, no real value to Chelsea in anything less. 

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He was reported to have signed a 6 year deal but it's never actually been announced. The rumour seems to be that this has stalled.

Need journalists to do their job and confirm as it’s quite a significant detail to wether our interest is genuine.

Hall having same agents as EH might be doing us a favour either way. Withholding the signature or just smokescreen for someone else.

I do like Tierney the most - Arsenal fans who are notoriously critical seem to rate him very highly and disagree with Arteta for freezing him out

He would fit in well, right age, leadership, versatile etc. CL experience too I believe.