NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Disappointing to see other clubs around us making some very nice moves and us just kind of letting these deals pass up by. Fati to Brighton and Lenglet to Aston Villa. When is deadline day this year.

Friday. Lenglet wouldn’t get a game for us.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Friday. Lenglet wouldn’t get a game for us.

Decent back up to Botman? Not saying we should’ve went for they players but there are definitely players with the same background etc available that we could look at to beef up the squad.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Oh that was just me saying anything happening wouldn't be until after the game, because they would be focused on that.

The rumour is just a bid accepted. Not player agreed.

Fair, I was only jesting anyway.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair, I was only jesting anyway.

I've just seen this which does point to us looking at similar players.

I personally think we're done in the market. However I'd be happy with this guy as signing based on watching him tonight, seems to be quite effective at creating chances, not so fussed with beating someone but instead make space to play the ball in. Good little player.

15 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It does seem like we haven't done as well as others in this transfer market, we still have positions that we need to improve on yet we went and signed youngsters with potential.

Who would you say has done better than us ?

I do think we’ve done really well. It’s just gonna take a bit of time to gel the new additions and get the best out of them. It’s been that way with most players we’ve brought in.
It’s never been about how many we can get, but to buy the right players in the right position. There is still room for improvement, but I’m sure once those new players have really settled into playing we will show we’re a stronger team than last season. 

Come January we’ll likely be able to bring in a RW and RCB. 

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Chelsea (all though they went bonkers they still go their targets at the end)

The grass is always greener though.

Without looking Brighton arguably look weaker coming out of the window than going in. As for West Ham, I'm not sure any of their signings would be a good fit for us, maybe Kudus. Did Villa do much other than Torres and Diaby?

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Love our business personally, we are building for the long term. Given the price of players and the restricted budget it’s very difficult to improve our first 11 from here quickly. 

People not understanding this baffles me. 

Expecting us to bring in Tonali/Bruno/Botman/Isak calibre players for every position we need, this early in the gameplan given the financial restraints we have to navigate... 

:yao:

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

People not understanding this baffles me. 

Expecting us to bring in Tonali/Bruno/Botman/Isak calibre players for every position we need, this early in the gameplan given the financial restraints we have to navigate... 

:yao:

Definitely, it’s frustrating but I also understand the frustration as well. The market is so distorted with other teams spending huge sums without issue. 

Hopefully those who aren’t happy with our business go take a look back at the state of the squad pre takeover and understand how far we’ve come. When you step back it’s truly breathtaking what we’ve achieved in such a short space of time. 

57 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It does seem like we haven't done as well as others in this transfer market, we still have positions that we need to improve on yet we went and signed youngsters with potential.

The 10/10 police will be here shortly.?

33 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Chelsea (although they went bonkers they still go their targets at the end)

Brighton have lost Macallister & Caicedo, West Ham have sold Rice. Would you have preferred we sold Bruno & spent an extra £90m?

I get the frustration. 

Some teams can strengthen every area they want. Spending massive fees along the way. Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa. Whether you like the signings or not they have been able to move as they want. 

We haven’t been able to do that. We are having to choose 1 from LB, RW AND RCB to strengthen. But people, including our fans still expect us to compete with Chelsea and Villa and probably finish above them both. They have injuries but Aston Villa have 5 ‘quality’ CBs in name at least. We have 2.  

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Definitely, it’s frustrating but I also understand the frustration as well. The market is so distorted with other teams spending huge sums without issue. 

Hopefully those who aren’t happy with our business go take a look back at the state of the squad pre takeover and understand how far we’ve come. When you step back it’s truly breathtaking what we’ve achieved in such a short space of time. 

It is distorted but the teams mentioned above (villa/brighton/west ham... not even bothering to debate chelsea) have all had massive sales to fund their windows so they're able to go out and do business with a hell. of a lot more wiggle room than ourselves. 

Like you say, what we've achieved so far is outstanding and for me that includes each window we've had.