NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sensible would hate to see us rush out and sign a useless cunt like Maguire.

Think we have our top targets like Tapsoba and Silva and we’ll be working on them over coming months.

Yeah you’d imagine a right CB or right winger might come in in Jan depending on availability. They’ll know exactly who they want.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Risky not bringing another CB in and that was clearly what they had planned to do at the start of the summer. The recent episode on Prime shows the "depth team sheet" with Schar and Lascelles at RCB with a question mark under them, suggesting another signing was needed in that position. For whatever reason we just haven't been able to do it this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Risky not bringing another CB in and that was clearly what they had planned to do at the start of the summer. The recent episode on Prime shows the "depth team sheet" with Schar and Lascelles at RCB with a question mark under them, suggesting another signing was needed in that position. For whatever reason we just haven't been able to do it this summer. 

The only criticism there can be if any this summer is that we’ve signed 3 players, who don’t at first glance seem a shoe in for the 1st team. They’ve clearly prioritised bringing the age down and strengthening squad.

We possibly will pay for that this season but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Do wonder why they didn’t decide a CB was a priority, fingers crossed we get through to January without any serious injuries.

See how we’re doing too. If we’re still in the League Cup, doing reasonable in the league and are either though the in the UCL or drop into the Europa, there may be the need to bring forward to cover the rest of the season. If we’re out of the lot and just the league, they can hold their powder to summer.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The only criticism there can be if any this summer is that we’ve signed 3 players, who don’t at first glance seem a shoe in for the 1st team. They’ve clearly prioritised bringing the age down and strengthening squad.

We possibly will pay for that this season but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I think Barnes was considered a shoe in but Gordon has started the season brilliantly. It's a nice problem to have. 

3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I think Barnes was considered a shoe in but Gordon has started the season brilliantly. It's a nice problem to have. 

The only thing that makes me doubt that is Howe’s preference for inverted wingers, does he see Gordon as two footed and able to play on right, time will tell.

If not then Barnes is the signing with a question mark against it for me.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The only thing that makes me doubt that is Howe’s preference for inverted wingers, does he see Gordon as two footed and able to play on right, time will tell.

If not then Barnes is the signing with a question mark against it for me.

I think that's part of the reason we wanted Gordon, he can play LW, RW and CF. I think he's already played in those three positions for us. 

22 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We'll regret not signing a CB, like. Schar gets smashed to bits every week.

Granted I don't see a lot of you, but whenever your on Sky he seems to get a head injury, Every time he's on the screen he's on the floor, concussed to bits after a walloping [emoji38] 

20 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Granted I don't see a lot of you, but whenever your on Sky he seems to get a head injury, Every time he's on the screen he's on the floor, concussed to bits after a walloping [emoji38] 

50% tactics, 50% genuine, 100% nerves every time. 

I know Howe has said we're done. But unlike previous years under Ashley I do have a small suspicion that something might still happen. A young CB from the Championship perhaps on loan wouldn't surprise me.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I know Howe has said we're done. But unlike previous years under Ashley I do have a small suspicion that something might still happen. A young CB from the Championship perhaps on loan wouldn't surprise me.

Nah, pretty certain we are done.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

They’ve got Robocop Murphy and Heffernan coming through, zero point in that move.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Nah there is zero noise around anything happening no journalist links, no itk stuff at all. We’ve spent the budget for this window and even some of next summers

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

We should have bought a centre back that can cover right back instead of Livramento.

Also a right forward instead of Barnes.

Disagree - that’s very short term thinking,  livs has been bought as a long term plan.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We had an awful squad pre takeover. So our net spend is going to be very high. We have no assets to sell. We’ve still got  5-6 senior players who cannot be sold. 

Outside of maxi, wood and shelves I can't remember a player we have sold for any real fee.

Perez 2019…???