NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Gaffa won’t be long for this earth if they don’t back him mind. 

Will be a very clear indication of our intent if we sit on our hands imo. 

Bit harsh to kill him mind

We lack athleticism at the back and creativity going forward. We rely on the system to get us in good positions which is fine, but there's a distinct lack of quality in the final decision, pass or shot. 

The lack of pace and athleticism stops us from being truly able to push up the pitch and pin teams back too. Too many times recently we're caught in two minds and make it easy for the opposition to counter us.

CB, DM and RW pls.

Edited by ElDiablo

15 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

We lack athleticism at the back and creativity going forward. We rely on the system to get us in good positions which is fine, but there's a distinct lack of quality in the final decision, pass or shot. 

The lack of pace and athleticism stops us from being truly able to push up the pitch and pin teams back too. Too many times recently we're caught in two minds and make it easy for the opposition to counter us.

CB, DM and RW pls.

Number 6 is a crucial position which we need to address - you can still press by playing a 4-1-4-1 with Bruno further up 

just try something different Eddie

Just now, Mikky said:

Number 6 is a crucial position which we need to address - you can still press by playing a 4-1-4-1 with Bruno further up 

just try something different Eddie

Or play Bruno in a double pivot, similar to how Brazil play him. I love Miley a lot, but defensively off the ball he is not there. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Or play Bruno in a double pivot, similar to how Brazil play him. I love Miley a lot, but defensively off the ball he is not there. 

Or this - just try something different - keep the opposition on their toes - it’s just to predictable 

6 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I get the feeling we won't do much

Our players will start to come back and they'll see that top 4 is highly unlikely so just wait for the summer to do our business

I think we'll do something as there are financial implications to inertia as well as footballing ones. My worry is that we'll wait due to being stung by the injury situation.

We desperately need to go out and get a top goalkeeper who gives the backline confidence. It can’t be a coincidence that the defence has turned to complete non-league standard since Pope’s injury. 

Just now, Smal said:

We desperately need to go out and get a top goalkeeper who gives the backline confidence. It can’t be a coincidence that the defence has turned to complete non-league standard since Pope’s injury. 

Yeah, I think the same, but we could also use some help directly in front of the keeper too.

I’m also coming round to buying a DM. I think Bruno is playing really well individually at the moment but I also think he’s playing with less defensive discipline than ever and that’s really exposing us too. It’s time to bring someone in to help protect the defence.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Harder to sign/keep players if we don’t 

I think our best players and the calibre of players we want to sign are going to be concerned about CL, ultimately, dropping a couple of extra places outside of that simply won't register in the same way at all. Don't think a season out of Europe altogether will be a major issue at this point on our trajectory unless there is some massive financial benefit to EL/ECL that I'm unaware of

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Harder to sign/keep players if we don’t 

Probably true, but our best windows under these owners so far came when we where second bottom of the league and the following window when we weren’t in Europe.

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

I think our best players and the calibre of players we want to sign are going to be concerned about CL, ultimately, dropping a couple of extra places outside of that simply won't register in the same way at all. Don't think a season out of Europe altogether will be a major issue at this point on our trajectory unless there is some massive financial benefit to EL/ECL that I'm unaware of

Fair point tbf, i do think it’s a good incentive for players though, even outside of the CL

22 minutes ago, Mikky said:

We have to get some form of European football next season even if it’s the Conference League

To keep the club moving forward and expose us to playing twice a week - builds experience, knowledge and knowhow and if it’s the Conference - a chance to win a trophy 

Probably phrased it wrong