NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Makes 2.6 tackles a game compared to 1.4 and 1.2 from Miley and Longstaff. Similar interception stats. 

That’s the only major difference between them. Worth splurging £50m for? Not for me.

Sounds like you have thoroughly researched him, no need for a transfer committee. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

Sounds like you have thoroughly researched him, no need for a transfer committee. 

Brentford / Brighton esque analysis using WhoScored.com, proper pro me.

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Yes to Ramsey and Onana. They’d both improve us in the short term but they’re young with very high ceilings. 

Billing I’m not mad about, but his style of play is very us. Hard working, great presser, can contribute at either end of the pitch. Assume we’d only do a deal if it’s very favourable to us.

Any of them would be like manna from heaven right now TBH, although obviously we need a good deal. 

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Makes 2.6 tackles a game compared to 1.4 and 1.2 from Miley and Longstaff. Similar interception stats. 

That’s the only major difference between them. Worth splurging £50m for? Not for me.

Tbf, and I'm old, old school, those are shit stats all round ?

What constitutes a "tackle" these days? 

Midfielders as well, should launching themselves all over the gaff. 

Those figures should be cards not tackles ??

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

The only way we’d ever sell Ramsey would be if we really needed the FFP money, which is the same much publicised problem you have, so sounds a bit weird, given how monumentally expensive he’d be. Then there’s if we’d want to sell, if he’d want to go etc. 

He’s the local fan come good, both his brothers been at the club and Emery loves him so I don’t think there’s anything in this. 

This would be a weird time for anyone to  buy him. He broke his foot in the summer, was out for ages, came back and played against Brighton, scored, and then reinjured the same foot, was out for weeks more, came back for a game or two looking well short of match fitness then got injured again and is now still unfit 

You just made it sound even more unrealistic. It seems a few journos have an inkling we just might make a late signing, probably based on Howe's evasive recent pressers.

They're all just clutching at straws.

Ramsey would never want to leave.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

You just made it sound even more unrealistic. It seems a few journos have an inkling we just might make a late signing, probably based on Howe's evasive recent pressers.

They're all just clutching at straws.

Ramsey would never want to leave.

i think if he left - to go anywhere at all, genuinely anywhere, in this window - there would have to be something pretty seriously up. 

If the story is "Newcastle make enquiry" then it could very well be true, I'm sure he's a player we'd be interested in if he was available. Obviously if Villa say "We want £60m" or Ramsey himself isn't really convinced then it won't go any further than that.

It does seem a bit odd that we keep putting out that we are under FFP constraints yet we're being linked to £40m+ players like MGW, Onana & Ramsey. I wonder whether it's more putting feelers out for players we have on our summer shortlist that we might end up going for if we do end up moving someone on. 

10 minutes ago, brummie said:

i think if he left - to go anywhere at all, genuinely anywhere, in this window - there would have to be something pretty seriously up. 

That’s what I’ve been saying while all our players are linked with moves. TBF none of them have actually gone yet :lol:

Just now, gdm said:

The athletic apparently say Villa need to raise funds by June to stay within ffp

That makes it interesting. Given the fact nobody will likely do business before July after this week they have a bit of a headache to sort out. 

17 minutes ago, brummie said:

And even moreso if he took a sideways / slightly backward step in moving to us.

Let’s be real, Onana and Billing would walk straight into the xi we fielded against Fulham (and likely against Villa too).

I do really like Onana btw- lacks a bit of technical quality but physical units like him with elite technique are pretty rare. He’s obviously not worth 60m but a well-coached Onana, in the right system, is a player that can add value to any squad.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

And even moreso if he took a sideways / slightly backward step in moving to us.

Backwards? Aye it’s been a bad season but let’s not be silly.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Let’s be real, Onana and Billing would walk straight into the xi we fielded against Fulham (and likely against Villa too).

I do really like Onana btw- lacks a bit of technical quality but physical units like him with elite technique are pretty rare. He’s obviously not worth 60m but a well-coached Onana, in the right system, is a player that can add value to any squad.

Of course they do. We are down 4 central midfielders it’s to be expected average players are upgrades when we are so deep into our squad. 

Wow, Villa having to sell even having banked the Grealish money. FFP is savage.

Billing is a bit Mo Diame isn't he. Someone often seen as a physical CM but probably most effective as a midtable AM.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Billing is a bit Mo Diame isn't he. Someone often seen as a physical CM but probably most effective as a midtable AM.

The Grealish sale will be rolling off next season I think. 

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Hes been gone about 6 windows, not like he left recently and they havent used that money to revamp the whole squad

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

100%, but I think the wider picture is the bigger concern - where do they fit when everyone is available? Do they get in ahead of Willock, Joelinton, Tonali? Onana might, Billing shouldn't

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Hes been gone about 6 windows, not like he left recently and they havent used that money to revamp the whole squad

Aye he left 3 seasons ago and Villa have spent over £100m each season 

Just now, gdm said:

Aye he left 3 seasons ago and Villa have spent over £100m each season 

Aye, I absolutely loathe the stupid glass ceiling FFP. Villa have will also be barred from progressing because of this stupid rule.