NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

44 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Thuram, Kone and Haidara too risky.

Onana, Billing and McTominay monitored.

Interest in Sesko, Toney and Solanke.

Also Gibbs-White, Jacob Ramsey and Conor Gallagher on the list with Joeinton and Bruno’s futures uncertain.

The above in no way adds weight to the argument of those who think Howe prefers Premiership based players.

Thoughts @STM or is Waugh just talking shit and has an agenda ?

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Thoughts @STM or is Waugh just talking shit and has an agenda ?

I think you are talking shit and have an agenda, now gan boil ya heed. :thup:

Sound like Steve Wraith or one of them bellends. Know nowt gobshite?

Just now, STM said:

I think you are talking shit and have an agenda, now gan boil ya heed. :thup:

Sound like Steve Wraith or one of them bellends. Know nowt gobshite?

Brilliant response 

I thought I'd share some of my favourite Newcastle players of current:

Antony Gordon: British, Best player of the tournament at U21s Euros, Class and preferred over Mousa Diaby. Great signing by Eddie Howe.

Bruno Guimaraes: Brazilian International, Class, A player who would play for any other PL side. Great Signing by Eddie Howe.

Alex Isak: Swedish International, dubbed as 3rd in line behind Haaland and Mbappe when we signed him. Great signing by Eddie Howe.

Sven Botman: Dutch rolls Royce, we beat AC Milan to his signature. Great signing by Eddie Howe.

You know what these lads have in common?... They are Class. That's our target, Class players. It doesn't matter where they come from or who they play for, as long as they are Class.

Some, only some, aren't happy with our approach to transfers of signing Class players, and much preferred the days when we were signing Jeff Hendrick and a fat Danny Rose. Those fans are called idiots. :thup:

Screenshot_20240202_170353_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170259_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170211_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170114_Gallery.jpg

Edited by STM

I don't think Bruno is going anywhere this summer. 

I think it's far more likely that Targett, Joelinton, Longstaff, Almiron are sold and that would generate close to 80-100M and open up 2 midfielders, a defender and a winger. I don't want to lose Joelinton but a Manu Kone, Ederson, Haidara, Thuram type are younger and have a lot of room to grow with us. 

Edited by Kanji

The two most interesting things in that article to me are an acknowledgement that we might sell Anderson (which I think would make sense at the right number) and that that Alnwick meeting was probably Al-Rumayyan lighting a fire under everyone to bring in more commercial revenue.

Now that the sensible people are here...

We do have a problem in midfield. If we want a new CM or DM, then we have to move someone on...

We are already stacked in that position:

Bruno: Could leave but it would take an enormous amount and couldn't see us losing him AND Joelinton

Joelinton: Is a real candidate to leave with his contract situation.

Tonali: No

Longstaff: Won't leave because he's seen as a "club man". Like it or not he's part of the fabric, he's also a decent squad player. Howe won't sell him in a million years.

Willock: Personally I think he's too important, especially if Joelinton goes. The only way we sell Willock is if we get 30+ million and he asks to move (which is possible).

Miley: No chance, too young, too much potential.

Anderson: Is an interesting one. On the one hand, he's a geordie and Howe will be reluctant to lose a local lad because he tries to keep a core of homegrown/local players. However, I think he's more likely that Longstaff, Miley or Willock.

Personally, I think Joelinton will leave but we will probably sign quite a few players off the back of it.

26 minutes ago, STM said:

I thought I'd share some of my favourite Newcastle players of current:

Antony Gordon: British, Best player of the tournament at U21s Euros, Class and preferred over Mousa Diaby. Great signing by Eddie Howe.

Bruno Guimaraes: Brazilian International, Class, A player who would play for any other PL side. Great Signing by Steve Nickson

Alex Isak: Swedish International, dubbed as 3rd in line behind Haaland and Mbappe when we signed him. Great signing by Steve Nickson

Sven Botman: Dutch rolls Royce, we beat AC Milan to his signature. Great signing by Steve Nickson

You know what these lads have in common?... They are Class. That's our target, Class players. It doesn't matter where they come from or who they play for, as long as they are Class.

Some, only some, aren't happy with our approach to transfers of signing Class players, and much preferred the days when we were signing Jeff Hendrick and a fat Danny Rose. Those fans are called idiots. :thup:

Screenshot_20240202_170353_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170259_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170211_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_170114_Gallery.jpg

Corrected thank me later.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Now that the sensible people are here...

We do have a problem in midfield. If we want a new CM or DM, then we have to move someone on...

We are already stacked in that position:

Bruno: Could leave but it would take an enormous amount and couldn't see us losing him AND Joelinton

Joelinton: Is a real candidate to leave with his contract situation.

Tonali: No

Longstaff: Won't leave because he's seen as a "club man". Like it or not he's part of the fabric, he's also a decent squad player. Howe won't sell him in a million years.

Willock: Personally I think he's too important, especially if Joelinton goes. The only way we sell Willock is if we get 30+ million and he asks to move (which is possible).

Miley: No chance, too young, too much potential.

Anderson: Is an interesting one. On the one hand, he's a geordie and Howe will be reluctant to lose a local lad because he tries to keep a core of homegrown/local players. However, I think he's more likely that Longstaff, Miley or Willock.

Personally, I think Joelinton will leave but we will probably sign quite a few players off the back of it.

I honestly think if we were open to selling Trippier, then anyone other than Isak and Botman could be sold. I’d say Bruno as well but obviously the release clause takes it out of our hands.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Feel like a sleep after the length of your last post.

Doesn't surprise me that you can't read, now go away. Move It Along Get Away GIF by JuventusFC

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Longstaff won’t leave because he’s not worth selling. 

Won’t be sold as we need a home grown quota.

Just a thought but if we did sell Bruno, not that I want us to, but wonder if we would slightly change our approach as a result of the FPP boost we'd get 

We'd be able to sign both a DM and a AM (onana and gibbs white for example). So would both be able to improve our defensive ability and add more quality in the final third 

However we'd lose Bruno's amazing press resistance and ability to dictate play 

Wonder what we'd do ?

Just the thought of us splashing the cash for Onana makes me want to throw up.  Much rather put the 50m or whatever on Désiré Doué and Redondo for example. Then get rid of a CM. 

Edited by Ikon

I mean yeah gibbs white and onana were just names I plucked out based on those 2 positions and the rumours we had in Jan

But my point was mainly around IF, if we sold Bruno, could or would we consider getting a DM and AM and evolving our style a bit... Consider whatever names float your boat ?