NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be amazed if we sign a LB mind, 35 million already gone on Hall this summer.

We all just continuing to ignore that even Howe doesnt know thats a fact?

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

There are signs that, with the big inflation of transfer fees for players of average ability, that the spending limits need to be adjusted a bit. Most clubs need to be struggling. It doesn't have to be a big increase.

It’s a bit like the housing market conundrum though isn’t it? Do the FFP limits need to change? Or do clubs need to hold firm and allow the market to reset after Chelsea's most recent stint at inflating player values?

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Start early, what’s everyone’s thoughts on most important positions to target this summer ? 

An elite right winger changes everything.

I'd also look to upgrade on Pope and maybe a centre back depending on what happens with Lascelles.

A good AM (David Silva / Juan Mata esque) would be very nice but I'd like to see us prioritise elsewhere first.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

An elite right winger changes everything.

I'd also look to upgrade on Pope and maybe a centre back depending on what happens with Lascelles.

A good AM (David Silva / Juan Mata esque) would be very nice but I'd like to see us prioritise elsewhere first.

Kobel from Dortmund well and truly passed the eye test. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

We all just continuing to ignore that even Howe doesnt know thats a fact?

Know what’s a fact ? Unless we are relegated we are signing Hall (according to the media).

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Know what’s a fact ? Unless we are relegated we are signing Hall (according to the media).

So again we just ignore what Howe says then

What do you mean what Howe says ? What has he said ? 

He said a month ago ' You’re probably asking the wrong man, I’m not 100 per cent sure. It’s not [my decision]. For me, he’s here now, he’s a Newcastle player. But I think there’s certain criteria he has to meet."

Just now, Fezzle said:

He said a month ago ' You’re probably asking the wrong man, I’m not 100 per cent sure. It’s not [my decision]. For me, he’s here now, he’s a Newcastle player. But I think there’s certain criteria he has to meet."

Aye, and after that the media reported that criteria is that we aren’t relegated. Seems pretty random they would make something like that up.

Aye, and after that the media reported that criteria is that we aren’t relegated. Seems pretty random they would make something like that up.

Yeah the media never make anything up at all, we should 100% trust them

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's crazy how bad that move turned out to be. Stoke seems to have been the death of a lot of strikers over the last 15 or so years.

It's a shame. Always had time for him, a good servant when capable and as with so many of that time it wasn't his fault Ashley was happy avoiding any upgrade of playing personnel.

Really thought he'd smash another good year or two of Champo football but I guess he's done even at that level.

Just now, Fezzle said:

So you think they have randomly plucked that out? I know they write a lot of rubbish, but for me this seems pretty specific to be rubbish. Find out soon enough I suppose.

16 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Need a DM as well, get all four and we'll be able to challenge top  4 again IMO.  I'd like a really creative, quick goalscoring right winger.

I’d say (more reliable) cover up front is almost our biggest priority. We’re struggling to have one fit striker at the best of times, let alone if one of Wilson or Isak is out for a longer time, which is entirely realistic considering both their records over the last two years.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So you think they have randomly plucked that out? I know they write a lot of rubbish, but for me this seems pretty specific to be rubbish. Find out soon enough I suppose.

Theres always loads of shit they literally invent on a weekly basis. Probably in the thousands every transfer window not to mention. Not even a week since the media was convinced Arteta was about to quit for Barca :lol:

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Start early, what’s everyone’s thoughts on most important positions to target this summer ? 

2 x midfielders to replace Bruno and Joelinton

Striker to replace Wilson

Right forward to replace Almiron or Murphy

Centre back

Left back

Goalkeeper 

Edited by Matt1892

1 hour ago, wormy said:

It's a shame. Always had time for him, a good servant when capable and as with so many of that time it wasn't his fault Ashley was happy avoiding any upgrade of playing personnel.

Really thought he'd smash another good year or two of Champo football but I guess he's done even at that level.

Yeah, didn't he go to them off the back of a good season with WBA? 34 now, he'll do well to get another Championship club. Could see him somewhere like Wrexham.

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

It's not as if Howe can be totally trusted either, didn't he point blank lie about Barnes in the summer while he was with his new team mates or something?