NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Wouldnt want any player with a slightly dodgy injury record recently. Has to be main priority for me that they have a long history of being fit. Especially if its a striker. I would like us to have 3 strikers though. Hilariously someone like Chris Wood (not saying we should sign him) who can be 3rd choice would be nice. Not really buying the argument of this and that player wouldnt come here to be 2nd choice either. Buy the best striker you can convince to come. Have him battle it out and play well to get in the team.

Today just highlighted even more for me how desperate we are for genuine quality on the RW. Really hope we get Tosin and Kelly on a free so we can spend as big as we can on a RW.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Today just highlighted even more for me how desperate we are for genuine quality on the RW. Really hope we get Tosin and Kelly on a free so we can spend as big as we can on a RW.

This issue could get partly solved by signing a top quality player for RW. But I thought today highlighted again how bad technically some of our players are on the ball.

Botman, Trippier and Schar are our best passers after Bruno. Hall is one of our only players available who can pick a pass. I know Tonali is coming back. But IMO, 4/5 best passers in the team are defenders. 

I know Howe has his system with inverted wingers and his two 8’s needing more athleticism than technical ability. But I really hope we sign some more players with a bit of vision and creativity. Just comfortable on the ball would be a start. 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We undoubtedly need someone with a footballing brain on the right in the Cole Palmer mould.

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

We undoubtedly need someone with a footballing brain on the right in the Cole Palmer mould.

Would be too much to handle with that improvement. Would have given us so many more points. Next season could be magical if we have a bit of luck during the summer.

9 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

This issue could get partly solved by signing a top quality player for RW. But I thought today highlighted again how bad technically some of our players are on the ball.

Botman, Trippier and Schar are our best passers after Bruno. Hall is one of our only players available who can pick a pass. I know Tonali is coming back. But IMO, 4/5 best passers in the team are defenders. 

I know Howe has his system with inverted wingers and his two 8’s needing more athleticism than technical ability. But I really hope we sign some more players with a bit of vision and creativity. Just comfortable on the ball would be a start. 

I think it's clear almost every game. There's too little technical quality in the team for us to take the next step. Big summer ahead to see where Howe want to take us.

10 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Completely agree. I know Murphy played well last week but he’s just not good enough and Almiron doesn’t cut it either. 

21 hours ago, KaKa said:

This argument again? This was the Isak conversation when people were laughing at what we paid. How many goals he scored the season before.

I prefer to look at the players attributes and strengths and how they performed when things were going well.

Who was scoring in that Mourinho team anyway? It was already starting to go south for him.

Tammy is a talented striker whose stock is low right now due to his injury and the mess Roma had become under Mourinho. 

Now would be the time to take advantage of that. Someone will, and I'm pretty sure it'll pay off for them.

100% this

You can probably count on the fingers on one hand the strikers that are going to score wherever they go, whatever the system. Look to the upside and consider why they might be failing. Pay for someone knocking in 20 in his last season and you're quite possibly paying 40 million too much.

I give you Solanke. Playing in a team that works to his strengths and he's gone from 6 goals to 19 goals in a season. Same player of course just confident and in the right system.

We've already got Barnes who isn't getting games in the same position.

The only way we sign ESR is if the deal is too good turn down. 

I could see a scenario of a loan with an option but doesn't look like Arsenal will want that.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

We've already got Barnes who isn't getting games in the same position.

The only way we sign ESR is if the deal is too good turn down. 

I could see a scenario of a loan with an option but doesn't look like Arsenal will want that.

With Newcastle and Teesside already in play, why would we need another … move on for me! 

El Salvador Bajo Airport › Code ESR 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently the greater his returns, the larger his release clause gets.

Yeah, I saw that too.

He's finished the season too well now.

Earlier in the season when he wasn't doing as well I thought he might be a viable second striker option to develop further if Wilson left.

However, that ship has sailed. He'll get an opportunity to lead the line somewhere now. Looks like it will be AC Milan.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Make it so, just purely for the “bloody money” crossing there palms. 
The fewm would be next level.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Be funny as fuck if he does come here. Been part of their youth setup for years, their potentially biggest prospect for years and then have him sign for us for practically pennies. The fewm will be on Richter scale

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Arh man this has to happen, he's been 16 for about 3 year now.

12 minutes ago, vexred said:

Riggs Dad has apparently shared a post linking him to Man Utd

His fucking fatha needs a straightener for that shit. Do we know anyone handy from Hebburn 😉