NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

The commercial deals and also the CL money should give us some opportunity to spend big once or twice this summer.

But 60m on a keeper? No chance.

Miggy out for 25m and someone at right forward in for around 35-40..

Wilson is the big decision, if they move him on we could get 10-15m for him. We could keep him but how many games will he miss?

No decent striker is cheap so that’ll be the other big one (if there is a big one).

Couple of free’s (Tosin, Kelly)

The main decisions will be around deciding which of the injury prone players we have to stick with.

We’ve already had the CL money 

Posted (edited)

Talk circulating of Tammy Abraham wanting to come back to England.

If we get a good offer for Wilson this summer, and he wants to leave, Abraham would be a great replacement as another option upfront I think.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If we get a good offer for Wilson this summer, and he wants to leave, Abraham would be a great replacement as another option upfront I think.

He's been injured most of the season and only scored 8 last year

Depends on the price but he could be worth a punt. He's had double-digit seasons in the PL and Serie A so he's shown he can be productive. 

Either way we're going to have to take a punt on someone young & unproven or someone coming off the back of a poor season (like Isak was for example).

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Definitely a risk invoked with him returning from a bad injury, but for the right price think he would be a great signing.

Wouldn’t go into a season with Abraham as second choice. If we could get him dirt cheap (ie £10m) I’d take him as a third choice striker, otherwise I’d steer well clear.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

He's been injured most of the season and only scored 8 last year

Yeah, which is why he'd be coming in as the second striker and not the main man.

Still a great age, and have no doubts once back to full fitness and in our setup he'd be a goal threat.

Roma team was awful going forward under Mourinho most of the season until they got rid. But they had since added Lukaku due to his injury, who is now playing more than him.

Tammy will be a good pick for someone this summer.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

Wouldn’t go into a season with Abraham as second choice. If we could get him dirt cheap (ie £10m) I’d take him as a third choice striker, otherwise I’d steer well clear.

Wow ... would be very fortunate to get him as a second striker option. 

No chance he goes anywhere to be third choice.

How quickly people forget man. Incredible.

I’d be happy with Abraham as a Wilson replacement if it was around £10m-£15m fee. He’s basically a poacher so would be a like for like in terms of what they bring, but with more years to get out of and this season aside, usually reliable fitness wise.

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, which is why he'd be coming in as the second striker and not the main man.

Still a great age, and have no doubts once back to full fitness and in our setup he'd be a goal threat.

Roma team was awful going forward under Mourinho most of the season until they got rid. But they had since added Lukaku due to his injury, who is now playing more than him.

Tammy will be a good pick for someone this summer.

He only scored 8 last year and started most games

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

He only scored 8 last year and started most games

This argument again? This was the Isak conversation when people were laughing at what we paid. How many goals he scored the season before.

I prefer to look at the players attributes and strengths and how they performed when things were going well.

Who was scoring in that Mourinho team anyway? It was already starting to go south for him.

Tammy is a talented striker whose stock is low right now due to his injury and the mess Roma had become under Mourinho. 

Now would be the time to take advantage of that. Someone will, and I'm pretty sure it'll pay off for them.

Edited by KaKa

Posted (edited)

I don’t want Tammy Abraham. Feels like he is on his way down, would want relatively high wages I imagine. Rather get players that have the best time to come. I think it’s pretty clear the club also sees it this way, and rightly so. He might sign for someone and still do well but I don’t see us going for him. 

Seems to be even more info now regarding Vitor Roque. He’s not getting any minutes, barely as a sub. Doesn’t look like he’s in Xavi’a plans at all. Not sure about the reasons why, obviously. Might be a player we look into again. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

I don’t want Tammy Abraham. Feels like he is on his way down, would want relatively high wages I imagine. Rather get players that have the best time to come. I think it’s pretty clear the club also sees it this way, and rightly so.

Seems to be even more info now regarding Vitor Roque. He’s not getting any minutes, barely as a sub. Doesn’t look like he’s in Xavi’a plans at all. Not sure about the reasons why, obviously. Might be a player we look into again. 

I think it's fair to not want Tammy as a preference.

However, he is 26 years old man. On the way down? Yikes!

High wages are definitely a valid concern though, as Roma likely do pay him well.

If Wilson leaves, I do wonder if we still look for a younger striker or someone with a bit more experience.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think it's fair to not want Tammy as a preference.

High wages are definitely a valid concern though, as Roma likely do pay him well.

If Wilson leaves, I do wonder if we still look for a younger striker or someone with a bit more experience.

Yikes? You have a habit of going to the extremes when replying to peoples posts using word like Yikes, Embarrassing, incredible and stuff like that in sentences which might make other posters read it in a bad way, despite many of the posters making fair points at times. Perhaps you should try and at least sound a little bit more level headed and humble. I don’t take it bad at all and you probably don’t mean anything offensive about it, but quite often it doesn’t look very nice really. But that’s just my opinion.  Anyways, I’ll just leave it at that.

I said that I “FEEL” like he is on his way down. Because that’s my gut feeling. I obviously don’t know for sure and he might sign for someone and do extremely well and my gut feeling might be wrong as me like others get things wrong at times. I said the same about DCL a few years back when many one here wanted him, same with Kalvin Phillips who I didn’t think would be a good one. He might have done better for us, but same with him I mentioned my “feel” about him. When Casemiro signed for ManU I said the same, I got laughed at, especially after his first season. I have got some wrong as well but it won’t stop me posting my opinion, even if it means a weird “yikes” reply or similar from some. 

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He isnt exactly on the up is he? Injury is also a concern. Really good two seasons ago. 

Posted (edited)

For some reason I've convinced myself I'm all in on wanting Brereton Diaz as our 3rd striker option if Villarreal will play ball with the fee or more realistically do a loan. Will do the donkey work, can fill in across the front 3 etc, full of energy.

Think he's a bit better than being an option for us mind and could easily start for a mid-table side, but then I was surprised he didn't get a PL move when he was at Blackburn.

Edit: He was also absolute pony in the Sela Cup last year, even allowing for it being pre-season.

Edited by Kilcline

11 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

For some reason I've convinced myself I'm all in on wanting Brereton Diaz as our 3rd striker option if Villarreal will play ball with the fee or more realistically do a loan. Will do the donkey work, can fill in across the front 3 etc, full of energy.

Think he's a bit better than being an option for us mind and could easily start for a mid-table side, but then I was surprised he didn't get a PL move when he was at Blackburn.

Edit: He was also absolute pony in the Sela Cup last year, even allowing for it being pre-season.

He wouldn't come as a 3rd choice I don't think. If Wilson leaves we could perhaps convince him of game time but then again I'm not certain he's good enough to be 2nd choice behind Isak. We'd need to sign a third striker anyway. 

IMO we should focus on finding a young striker (18-21) up and coming to fill that 3rd spot, assuming Wilson stays.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He wouldn't come as a 3rd choice I don't think. If Wilson leaves we could perhaps convince him of game time but then again I'm not certain he's good enough to be 2nd choice behind Isak. We'd need to sign a third striker anyway. 

IMO we should focus on finding a young striker (18-21) up and coming to fill that 3rd spot, assuming Wilson stays.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't want him as Isak's backup at all.

Young striker would be great, ideal world for me is probably Wilson stays next year then decides/realises his body will only allow him to be a 3rd choice (assuming we're in Europe the year after next) and he hangs around for another couple of years.

Sesko allegedly has a low(ish) release clause but if that's true half of Europe will be all over him, and we we'd probably be doing him a disservice by bringing him in to play 2nd fiddle to Isak.

I think Seskos clause has gone up to 50m+ now or something like that. I don’t think he should go to a club where he will be second fiddle. I would love him, but for him it’s probably better to go somewhere where he is more or less guaranteed to get a lot of regular starts. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think Seskos clause has gone up to 50m+ now or something like that. I don’t think he should go to a club where he will be second fiddle. I would love him, but for him it’s probably better to go somewhere where he is more or less guaranteed to get a lot of regular starts. 

Not sure how many top teams can offer him a starting role. I think he will get a lot of time for us especially with Europe

4 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Not sure how many top teams can offer him a starting role. I think he will get a lot of time for us especially with Europe

Fair point. 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Just coming back to fitness in the last few weeks. Wouldn't be my first choice Wilson replacement but ALOT cheaper than Solanke or Toney and is someone who I think Howe could improve hugely. 

Wilson would have to leave for him to come in though I reckon. But having said that Isak, Wilson and Abraham would be one hell of a trio to attack all the competitions next season.

I would definitely not turn my nose up at Tammy as a second choice striker. He suits the way we play and Howe would get the best out of him. Also fits in with the "no dickheads" policy. 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Just coming back to fitness in the last few weeks. Wouldn't be my first choice Wilson replacement but ALOT cheaper than Solanke or Toney and is someone who I think Howe could improve hugely. 

Wilson would have to leave for him to come in though I reckon. But having said that Isak, Wilson and Abraham would be one hell of a trio to attack all the competitions next season.

Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson