NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't the rumour that we're actually just over the limit? So it may indeed need to wait till the end of June. 

There is no evidence of that at all. It's pure speculation.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes please 

I’ve always thought he would be a decent option at (presumably) a reasonable cost.

Was very disappointed with him though when watching him live, and paying a bit more attention, last game of the season. Unfair to judge on one game like.

Edited by SteV

Like Mbuemo but he's more of a wide forward and so similar in profile to Barnes; I think we could use someone more creative for better balance. 

That said, he'd be a big improvement on Almiron and Murphy so not against it. 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's someone that could do a great job first-choice for a couple of seasons while we sort the squad balance out.

He can play all across the front 3 too. I think he'd be perfect for us

I hear people say mbuemo can play across the front 3 but he’s 5”7 and from what I can see he’s only ever played up front next to Toney or Wissa. 

Never going to work in our system as a striker. We need a striker who can play in place of Isak or with him if we go 2 up top. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't the rumour that we're actually just over the limit? So it may indeed need to wait till the end of June. 

I thought the money from the Australia games now covered that? 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’ve always thought he would be a decent option at (presumably) a reasonable cost.

Was very disappointed with him though when watching him live, and paying a bit more attention, last game of the season. Unfair to judge on one game like.

Yeah I tried to keep an eye on him when we played Brentford due to the rumours.

Looking at his stats, can't see anything too remarkable to be honest.

His initial headline stats look really good: https://fbref.com/en/players/6afaebf2/Bryan-Mbeumo

But looking at advanced stats:  https://fbref.com/en/players/6afaebf2/scout/365_m1/Bryan-Mbeumo-Scouting-Report

His goals are padded a bit by penalties - still has pretty high xG, so I imagine he gets himself into dangerous positions.

Takes set pieces, which indicates good technique, can pad some of the assist stats as well. (eg. his Shot creating actions is average but his set piece SCA is very high & open play well below average - this could be due to Brentford's play style of 'get in the opposition half and fall over and try and get a free kick').

Passing stats are very comparible to Jacob Murphy, and the Murph has dreadful passing stats. (Main difference is Mbeumo  has better long pass stats, while Murphy is in the lowest % for long pass completion)

Dribbling stats are pretty poor - bottom 5% for successful take on %, gets tackled a lot.

Defensively got some blocks but tackles and interception numbers are dreadful (5th %).

Very high no. of miscontrols (8th worst %) and high no of times dispossessed.

Obviously some of this stuff is affected by a team's style of play and it's usually easier to have good offensive stats in a stronger team, rather than a bottom half team, but I can't see anything there that indicates he's an elite, takes us to the next level kind of player.

That said I haven't really done any eye test on him.

EDIT: I do like his beard though. Gives off a slightly piratey vibe.

Edited by Checko
Important beard analysis.

32 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Do Liverpool even need him, or is this a ‘Buy him so no one else can’ type of situation?

They have Salah and Elliott

22 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

I hear people say mbuemo can play across the front 3 but he’s 5”7 and from what I can see he’s only ever played up front next to Toney or Wissa. 

Never going to work in our system as a striker. We need a striker who can play in place of Isak or with him if we go 2 up top. 

I saw him play as a 9 at Anfield a few years back and he gave the Liverpool back line a lot of trouble 

We don’t need an Isak level forward - an Mbuemo gives you tactical flexibility if Isak is ever injured 

Not sure if I'm alone on this one, but I never like players who are under contract talking about moving to bigger clubs etc.  First of all because, well, nee shite Sherlock, but also - if they're interested they'll bid anyway.

Brentford are such a well-run and canny club, don't like seeing this type of patter from one of their players.  It puts me off more than anything.

38 minutes ago, SteV said:

image.thumb.png.2e3e1e1d4054e65cc08b2c897eb6ce1c.png

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

image.thumb.png.2e3e1e1d4054e65cc08b2c897eb6ce1c.png

What’s that, about £34m. 

Probably the going rate for an established PL attacking player of that age.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

What’s that, about £34m. 

Probably the going rate for an established PL attacking player of that age.

Soon to enter last year of contact I think 

Just now, Mikky said:

Soon to enter last year of contact I think 

Ah, if that’s the case then they’ll do well to get more than 20/25 for him.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think for a Barnes sort of fee he's worth it. 

Yeah that’s fair enough 

If we can target another play with the same profile then that’s the attack sorted with hopefully Miggy and Wilson both departing 

I was hoping we’d be linked to Mbeumo, he is made for our system as far as the wide positions go. And bonus he can play centrally as well.