NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

it's mental how that was a thing [emoji38] as an ex smoker i can still smell some cunt have a sly draw in a train bog 7 carriages down and it infuriates me [emoji38]

TBF I have never smoked but all my mates did so I was just in a constant cloud where ever we went 

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF I have never smoked but all my mates did so I was just in a constant cloud where ever we went 

i'm always a little bit concerned that planes are that old they still have the no smoking sign above your head [emoji38]

Funny thing about Gordon - he's a bit of a bully at SJP but not the best away from home. Like of his 20 odd G/A. 15+ were at home I think. Most players are better at home but his record is particularly home-focussed.

You would think he would be better away from home with more space on the counter but it ain't the case so far.

Granted Mbuemo had a nasty ankle injury this season, but his injury record is impeccable otherwise. If it was between him and Olise I think I'd prefer Mbuemo as Olise seems to have a hamstring made out of uncooked spaghetti.

Links with Olise, Tierny, Smith Rowe, Chiesa etc scare the hell out of me, especially after this season :lol:

8 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

i'm always a little bit concerned that planes are that old they still have the no smoking sign above your head [emoji38]

Imagine these "woke" modern cars these days that don't have a cigarette lighter and an ashtray for every seat 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Funny thing about Gordon - he's a bit of a bully at SJP but not the best away from home. Like of his 20 odd G/A. 15+ were at home I think. Most players are better at home but his record is particularly home-focussed.

You would think he would be better away from home with more space on the counter but it ain't the case so far.

St James’ effect in front of the home crowd.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Imagine these "woke" modern cars these days that don't have a cigarette lighter and an ashtray for every seat 

i was an arsonist in my youth and there always something quite hypnotic about a car cigarette lighter [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye, you’re right, but it’s equally reflective of the way the team as a whole has played home v away this season.

4 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

i was an arsonist in my youth and there always something quite hypnotic about a car cigarette lighter [emoji38]

I used to love smoke filled betting shops with a horrible bookie that would twist and moan once a year when he paid out.

25 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah, think that's why he is uniquely good again the best / top 6 teams, they actually try to win majority of the time and as a result leave some space behind 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Mbeumo is a top. I would just rather a playmaker type.

From players named:
Olise

Mbeumo

MGW

MGW is right footed. Don't want him on the right.

Matias Soule looks the playmaker type to me.

Decent pace but not Gordonesque. As a result he seems to have prospered by good decision making and excellent technical execution.

Can't we just buy some random young foreign lad I've never heard of from a team I've never heard of for a pittance? I love those signings. Just find some random 20 year old in the Chilean second division and bring him in just for the mystery!

Think Mbuemo makes sense as can play across the front 3 and seems to assist and score goals. Cant see us being in the mix for Sesko, or an out and out striker and can fully see Wilson still being here next season. No way will Howe want to lose another experienced voice in dressing room after recent releases.

Still think where lacking a creative player like Bruno Fernandes who would make all the difference and for me that’s why we’ll probably still come up a bit short next season in terms of winning a cup, but fully expecting us to be challenging for top 4 with no Europe.

19 minutes ago, Checko said:

Can't we just buy some random young foreign lad I've never heard of from a team I've never heard of for a pittance? I love those signings. Just find some random 20 year old in the Chilean second division and bring him in just for the mystery!

The highs of anticipation of the Christian Bassedas & Daniel Cordone transfers was not worth the persistent lows of watching them play and fail. I want surprises, but not that big of a surprise.

Posted (edited)

I would like the brazilian kid from Atalanta, very good presser and defensive holder but can also play a bit (used to be a 10).

Would free up Bruno amd we could go to a more attacking 4231 or something similar.

Would prefer to see bruno further up the pitch this season.

Edited by buzza

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

To be fair you could easily say the same about our team in general. We are much better at home. It makes sense that he performs better at SJP because the team in general do. 

On 25/05/2024 at 08:06, Upthemags said:

Harvey Barnes has been a very cut and dried miss at 40 million... Stands to make up for his lack of fitness and performance in seasons to come but as of right now, a very poor piece of business with Diaby and Maddison going for around the same price tag

Domestic Minutes Goals Assists

Barnes 802 5 3

Diaby 2174 6 8

Maddison 2135 4 9

19 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes please 

Why is EVERYONE always spelling his name wrong, it's six letters ffs? :lol: