NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Really not happy with Trafford links. Hopefully guff, as he looks a bang average goalkeeper.

It won’t happen IMO, we won’t have the room in our budget for a £20m+ backup keeper.

12 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It won’t happen IMO, we won’t have the room in our budget for a £20m+ backup keeper.

It should be a priority unless your 100% confident Pope won’t pop his shoulder again, a repeat of that and where fucked.

Trafford has all of the bits to his game that you would want from a young keeper, his issue if he comes here is that he isn’t going to get the experience which is where goalkeepers develop beyond potential to being at the top of their game.

With FFP we have other priorities at the moment unless it is a first choice keeper.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Trafford has all of the bits to his game that you would want from a young keeper, his issue if he comes here is that he isn’t going to get the experience which is where goalkeepers develop beyond potential to being at the top of their game.

With FFP we have other priorities at the moment unless it is a first choice keeper.

Yeah, at his age he just needs to play, spending a lot of money for him to sit on the bench most of the year wouldn't do him or us many favours. He'd only played in League One before this year. A year in the Championship would do him a lot of good, assuming he's good enough to be first choice at Burnley.

20 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It should be a priority unless your 100% confident Pope won’t pop his shoulder again, a repeat of that and where fucked.

We need a keeper, but if you’re going spend big money then they should go into the first team. We need a number of players and have already got £30m going on Hall.

28 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Trafford I will say I agree with you, has what looks the ability to grow. Just issue I have which I mentioned while ago, we’re moving forward as a club where we can’t afford 3 seasons of letting the goalkeeper learn and grow, need one that’s at a strong level already just below a step to becoming elite.

Come 27/28 season, he may be at a top level, but buy him then. Let him learn the mistakes etc at a club around mid table level. 

I always feel it’s telling that over the years, no major club in England has signed Pickford when they’ve all needed a goalkeeper at different times. And Trafford may or may not reach his levels. 

18 minutes ago, Checko said:

Yeah, at his age he just needs to play, spending a lot of money for him to sit on the bench most of the year wouldn't do him or us many favours. He'd only played in League One before this year. A year in the Championship would do him a lot of good, assuming he's good enough to be first choice at Burnley.

Burnley would be daft not to play him next season if he is still there, as they might as well write off the money they invested in him. No reason for him not to be one of the best keepers in the Championship and a steady league for him to develop, similar to Meslier who Allardyce dropped at the end of Leeds relegation season but has been able to develop in one of the better teams in the Championship this year.

If you are a team knowing you are going to be fighting relegation, there is no way you should be putting a youngster in goal expecting them to be the hero, the only thing that is going to happen is their confidence is going to be destroyed, as they make the inevitable mistakes that young keepers do.

Forest had the right idea, sign an experienced pro like Keylor Navas for a situation like that.

15 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Trafford I will say I agree with you, has what looks the ability to grow. Just issue I have which I mentioned while ago, we’re moving forward as a club where we can’t afford 3 seasons of letting the goalkeeper learn and grow, need one that’s at a strong level already just below a step to becoming elite.

Come 27/28 season, he may be at a top level, but buy him then. Let him learn the mistakes etc at a club around mid table level. 

I always feel it’s telling that over the years, no major club in England has signed Pickford when they’ve all needed a goalkeeper at different times. And Trafford may or may not reach his levels. 

I don’t get the point that you are making with Pickford, as he was a better keeper than Ramsdale and Pope were before they moved to the clubs they are at now.

34 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

We need a keeper, but if you’re going spend big money then they should go into the first team. We need a number of players and have already got £30m going on Hall.

Looks to me like we might continue in the same vein as last season with Hall type of signings. Doesn't seem like we can compete with the cartel clubs for the top players so we might just continue to sign younger players who might turn into CL players even if they aren't there yet.

Just now, TRon said:

Looks to me like we might continue in the same vein as last season with Hall type of signings. Doesn't seem like we can compete with the cartel clubs for the top players so we might just continue to sign younger players who might turn into CL players even if they aren't there yet.

We signed Sandro Tonali mate

40 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I agree and would go all in on a first choice to replace Pope this summer, if Trafford isn’t 1st team ready as some have suggested, it’s false economy and we should add another 15 million to get the right bloke.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

We signed Sandro Tonali mate

Turns out there was a reason he was available though. :lol:

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

Other than Tonali perhaps, this has always been our approach.

We do have a problem with Pope, because his shoulder is vulnerable now, and we can't rely on his fitness. 

From what I've seen of Trafford, he's good enough to step in if Pope is out. He has Premiership experience and from what I've seen he looks like a confident, strong-minded lad. Pope has his weaknesses, and Trafford certainly has the potential to take over as number 1. 

When is the unknown, but in the position we're in, we have to take one or two considered gambles. We can't yet compete for the established stars.

56 minutes ago, Cronky said:

We do have a problem with Pope, because his shoulder is vulnerable now, and we can't rely on his fitness. 

From what I've seen of Trafford, he's good enough to step in if Pope is out. He has Premiership experience and from what I've seen he looks like a confident, strong-minded lad. Pope has his weaknesses, and Trafford certainly has the potential to take over as number 1. 

When is the unknown, but in the position we're in, we have to take one or two considered gambles. We can't yet compete for the established stars.

Is there reason to believe his injury will recur rather than just being bad luck?

7 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Is there reason to believe his injury will recur rather than just being bad luck?

Shoulder dislocations are notorious for their susceptibility. I'd say it's a probability rather than a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Shoulder dislocations are notorious for their susceptibility. I'd say it's a probability rather than a possibility.

Especially as he’s diving on it a lot! 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Other than Tonali perhaps, this has always been our approach.

I don't really see how it can be any other way seeing as FFP means we are prevented from going for the players who are coveted by the cartel clubs. Even relatively low budget options like Tosin get them hovering because they just aren't going to leave a good deal for someone else to take up.