NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I actually think Trafford makes sense. Come in as a 2 with the idea being to develop him into number 1 over time. I imagine people would have felt differently about the move if we signed him post U21 Euros heroics. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

The likes of Pickford and Pope both looked good for dreadful teams

Trafford has looked weak as piss. Hopefully we can bulk him up a bit

At 22 Pope had played 1 championship game. Long way to go for Trafford.

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

And the Howe factor. That has to count for those looking to develope.

Lewis Hall looking on awkwardly...

Posted (edited)

I am really starting to get annoyed with some of our fans questioning the clubs ambition because we apparently wanted to sell Minteh. They are either thick or taking the piss. 
Why can’t they get their head around a few things. 
Firstly if there was no FFP our owners would be spending money like a drunken sailor.
FFP and the recent laws were brought in to stop clubs breaking into the so called elite. 
We have spent a whole lot of money without actually selling a player for profit for a while now and clubs know we are sailing close to the wind with FFP and PSR. 
These clubs know we have to sell they aren’t going to come riding in on a white horse and buy the likes of Almiron, Wilson, Longstaff and Trippier for the money we want they will bid low as they think we are desperate.   
we need to build again this season and our only saleable assets are Bruno, Isak and a kid who could become the next big thing or may not but we could sell to stop us getting rid of our 2 biggest players 🤷🏼‍♂️

I mean come on it’s not the club wanting to do this it’s the fact they need to due to rules brought in by jealous clubs who either want to stay near the top or clubs who don’t want their comfortable little mid table existence taken away from them by their big bully friends. 

Edited by Toonjam88

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Both from the Sunday Mirror involving us and Leicester - Longstaff to them for £15m and Iheanacho to us on a free.

No thanks to Iheanacho

I mentioned Iheanacho as a striker to get in January on the cheap when Wilson was always injured.

If we're losing Wilson and want a Prem experienced striker option on the bench as an option to replace him, it would make sense. He also won't bitch and moan about it, and would play that role. He'd also be on a free and is still only 27. I don't know why folks act as though Kelechi is trash.

We could then also still bring in a younger striker prospect like Moukoko (as an example), who wouldn't then be under as much pressure if Isak gets injured at any point.

44 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No thanks to Iheanacho

I mentioned Iheanacho as a striker to get in January on the cheap when Wilson was always injured.

If we're losing Wilson and want a Prem experienced striker option on the bench as an option to replace him, it would make sense. He also won't bitch and moan about it, and would play that role. He'd also be on a free and is still only 27. I don't know why folks act as though Kelechi is trash.

We could then also still bring in a younger striker prospect like Moukoko (as an example), who wouldn't then be under as much pressure if Isak gets injured at any point.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He doesn't score many goals

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I think Ihenacho on reasonable wages as a third choice behind Isak and Wilson (or another) would be good business. 

It would have to be only if Wilson left IMO.

And also if there is a young striker prospect we'd like to sign, but who might need a bit of protection, as he may not necessarily be ready to cover for Isak every game if he misses time.

1 hour ago, sempuki said:

Both from the Sunday Mirror involving us and Leicester - Longstaff to them for £15m and Iheanacho to us on a free.

Doubt this happens, fine with both.

we need another body up top, and whilst another sticky plaster stop gap, he can do a job until budgets allow. Might even surprise a few of us.

Weve had many stop gaps in the past, Kevin Gallen, Sibereski (sp?) etc.

We don’t need a third striker. Just need to replace Wilson. Worse case, you have Gordon and Joelinton who can fill in for odd game/moment if required. 

Rather have more depth elsewhere than a 3rd striker. 

21 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Would've made sense to sign Kelechi... under Mike Ashley. Thank fuck we've moved on from that shower.

Nah, you just don't get it. 

Thankfully it seems we have some really sharp minds in our recruitment team, that are looking at some really clever ways to improve our squad, despite the restrictions in place.

He can play as a second striker so could be used as an option to play along side Isak if need impact off the bench. 

im sure he’s played RW too (albeit not loads) so is an option there too