NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

17 hours ago, LFEE said:

For no other reason than I have a blind spot for him but if we picked this guy up on an incentive based contract I think he could be ideal for our midfield. Times I saw him play (not loads  admittedly) I thought he oozed quality. Much better player than Maddison. Guessing he’s a lazy sod…

91gr9mq67edc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=9608d9001

he'd be ideal for the new canteen, not the fucking midfield :lol:

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Selling him for £20m would be ridiculous.  £40m I could be reluctantly persauded but £20m would be daft 

Agreed - didn’t we pay £7m ish for him? So we roll the dice and pray he flops for £13m quid - I’d rather take £13m for almiron who we already know for a certainty doesn’t have the quality to take us to the next level. 

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Agreed - didn’t we pay £7m ish for him? So we roll the dice and pray he flops for £13m quid - I’d rather take £13m for almiron who we already know for a certainty doesn’t have the quality to take us to the next level. 

The club probably would as well, but it might not be possible.

8 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Some people are just desperate to get any money in for shiny new signings. 

he could be a fantastic squad option as he is and so much potential to be a class starter in a year or two and people happy to sell him for what we apparently value Almiron at. Mental 

Edited by gdm

Minteh effectively is a new signing, a prodigious talent who is scoring and creating at every level he has played at. Had an outstanding season in the Eredivisie, and is knocking them in at international level.

if we were linked with him for £25m half the folk who want to sell him for £20m would probably be up for it.

nothing so queer as folk.

Minteh is nothing more than a potentially good player at this point and while that's great, "potentially good" isn't necessarily going to get us back into the champions league.

While you can all sit here and say Minteh is 100% better than Miggy or Murphy, the reality is that there is no real substance behind that claim.

Of course from a pure technical perspective, he looks the part but we are all grown ups here right? Football is about way more than just someone's technical skill level. We've seen countless talents fail to make the grade because their attitude or application is poor.  I'm not saying for a second this applies to Minteh... I doubt even Howe truly knows.

What is truly known, is that we need money from player trading and if we get someone come knocking with significant money, you can't blame the club in seeing the value in selling.

If you were in their position and you KNEW that 25m for Minteh would finance two key signings... say a CB and a more established RW, are you saying you wouldn't do the deal?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I've no idea about how good he is or can be but then I'm not the one who's neck is on the line if I make the incorrect call.

20 minutes ago, STM said:

Minteh is nothing more than a potentially good player at this point and while that's great, "potentially good" isn't necessarily going to get us back into the champions league.

While you can all sit here and say Minteh is 100% better than Miggy or Murphy, the reality is that there is no real substance behind that claim.

Of course from a pure technical perspective, he looks the part but we are all grown ups here right? Football is about way more than just someone's technical skill level. We've seen countless talents fail to make the grade because their attitude or application is poor.  I'm not saying for a second this applies to Minteh... I doubt even Howe truly knows.

What is truly known, is that we need money from player trading and if we get someone come knocking with significant money, you can't blame the club in seeing the value in selling.

If you were in their position and you KNEW that 25m for Minteh would finance two key signings... say a CB and a more established RW, are you saying you wouldn't do the deal?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I've no idea about how good he is or can be but then I'm not the one who's neck is on the line if I make the incorrect call.

I'd be wondering why Liverpool are (allegedly) trying to sign Minteh and not Almiron.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'd be wondering why Liverpool are (allegedly) trying to sign Minteh and not Almiron.

Because their current manager was his former manager. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Because their current manager was his former manager. 

So he must rate him highly, and he's just been made manager of Liverpool so you'd imagine he's pretty good at his job.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Massively flawed logic.

Someone likes player, does not = player is good.

40 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Linked with us, Villa and West Ham.

91 goals in 226 games for Villa, Chelsea and Roma before he did his ACL. Got to be a player in there. 

I'd be well up for it, personally. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

91 goals in 226 games for Villa, Chelsea and Roma before he did his ACL. Got to be a player in there. 

I'd be well up for it, personally. 

Same, can’t see him wanting to be Isak back up mind.

Ornstein as well

Nice to see us after a player of his calibre but don't think we will be able to get him with nee champions league

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If nothing else, it shows the budget we have for a RW.

That's what I'm taking from the story.

I don't think we've got a chance of getting Olise but I'd back us to bring in a quality RW for a £60m budget