NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Olise is just not happening, we’re just not there yet. But ya know, shoot for the moon and land among the stars and all that. Better than a fake deadline day bid for N’Zogbia.

39 minutes ago, STM said:

but he's a cracking player

Is he? I’ve never seen him do anything particularly spectacular. His highlight of last season was throwing a strop coz he couldn’t take a penalty. 

most the time I watched him he looked pretty average 

if Ornstein is reporting it he must have it on good authority from Newcastle end, but I don't seen why the club would leak that unless it's a smokescreen 

1 minute ago, STM said:

You need to read the fine print.

Bayern and Chelsea are formidable opposition.

Agreed - but i am just happy we are in the mix.  Hopefully he'll see sense that Bayern are a car crash waiting to happen - Chelsea are the main competition being in London/Potential wages they can offer.  But he would be guaranteed to start at Newcastle - can't say the same at Chelsea.

40 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really don't like Madueke as a player and he comes across as a bellend as well.

Absolute headless chicken. He’s frustrate the life out of our fans

Not fully sold on Madueke. He's talented, but not really sure about him. 

Would get behind it though, and hope we can get even more out of him.

6 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

if Ornstein is reporting it he must have it on good authority from Newcastle end, but I don't seen why the club would leak that unless it's a smokescreen 

Smokescreen season is upon us.

Need to convince him that Newcastle is closer to London than Chelsea that money isn’t the source of happiness and that European football isn’t all that.

Hope he chooses Bayern over Chelsea if they are in for him. It’s absolutely nuts how Chelsea can just keep blowing other clubs out of the water.

Olise would be ridiculous up here, worth an extra 8 or 9 points by himself imo. Really encouraging that we've had the bollocks to go for it and inquire about him but I think he'll have a few better offers from other clubs and he'll end up elsewhere unfortunately. Still, nice to see ambition and competing with huge clubs for excellent players, we're getting there. Also means we must have some decent coin to spend this summer

35 minutes ago, duo said:

Madueke isn't an Eddie Howe player

He fits the bill of an Eddie Howe signing though.

Bags of England youth caps

Young

PL experience 

Buying whilst they're either in a bit of a rut / transitional phase 

Massive potential and a high ceiling

I think the penalty thing that happened last season has made everyone think he's a massive knob (I definitely did at the time) but I think the culture and the atmosphere at Chelsea currently is enough to frustrate anyone. Feels like he's in and out of the side and never gets a proper run of games even when he does well at Chelsea; wingers of all players probably need that run of starts to show their true worth (case in point, Anthony Gordon).

Definitely think if Eddie got hold of Madueke, arm round him, gave him a consistent run of games and got him right he'd be mint for us.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Olise would be ridiculous up here, worth an extra 8 or 9 points by himself imo. Really encouraging that we've had the bollocks to go for it and inquire about him but I think he'll have a few better offers from other clubs and he'll end up elsewhere unfortunately. Still, nice to see ambition and competing with huge clubs for excellent players, we're getting there. Also means we must have some decent coin to spend this summer

Other than being in London I honestly don't think Chelsea are as big a pull as they once were.  Scraped into 6th last season - on their 4th? manager in a couple of seasons.  Their squad is bursting with players on 1000000 year contracts whose careers - lets face it bar Palmer haven't exactly taken off.  Where Newcastle are showing how it's done.  Guaranteed to be 1st 11 and you could argue have a chance of finishing higher.  He would be a hero up here.

Remember this is summer 1995/96. So a Ginola level player is coming in. ;) 

Olise could be that man, French and all that. 

would be happy with Nico Williams or Chiesa also on that side.

one of those 3, jobs a good un

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Other than being in London I honestly don't think Chelsea are as big a pull as they once were.  Scraped into 6th last season - on their 4th? manager in a couple of seasons.  Their squad is bursting with players on 1000000 year contracts whose careers - lets face it bar Palmer haven't exactly taken off.  Where Newcastle are showing how it's done.  Guaranteed to be 1st 11 and you could argue have a chance of finishing higher.  He would be a hero up here.

Very similar to the Tosin thread tbh - they can offer things we simply can't match, namely bigger wages, better location and European football (next season). I'd love him to sign but I can't see it happening unfortunately

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He fits the bill of an Eddie Howe signing though.

Bags of England youth caps

Young

PL experience 

Buying whilst they're either in a bit of a rut / transitional phase 

Massive potential and a high ceiling

I think the penalty thing that happened last season has made everyone think he's a massive knob (I definitely did at the time) but I think the culture and the atmosphere at Chelsea currently is enough to frustrate anyone. Feels like he's in and out of the side and never gets a proper run of games even when he does well at Chelsea; wingers of all players probably need that run of starts to show their true worth (case in point, Anthony Gordon).

Definitely think if Eddie got hold of Madueke, arm round him, gave him a consistent run of games and got him right he'd be mint for us.

Have we even been linked with him?