NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

Would people be happy with a window that looked like the below? 

IN

Kelly

Trafford

DCL

Neto/Raphinha

Diomande

Archie Gray

OUT

Dubs

Wilson

Almiron

longstaff

Minteh (with buy back)

got to look at the DCL and Minteh business in the context of entire window. 

I mean that’s just random names. Very little to no chance we’d get Raphinha, Neto is more injury prone than Wilson & DCL put together, the link to Dionande is tenuous at best and have we even been linked to Archie Gray who btw would cost an absolute fortune and Leeds don’t need the money 

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

At this point I genuinely have no idea what you are on about. So fewm away man.

I think enough people on here have tried to explain the situation but you clearly know better so have at it.

he has a point like your stand point appears to be sell minteh or nothing no other plans, no other options to bring in money it’s purely sell Minteh or Bruno choose. No one knows the discussions that are going on. 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

All of which are quoting the Edward's article

Not sure they are quoting him. Isnt it they saying he was first or something like that?

If we sold Kuol to them for DCL I could understand even for PSR but Minteh is showing he has something so it would be strange not to even check him out in preseason 

Elliott Anderson :suicide:

wonder how long till Miley is touted around in a deal for someone

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Eddie Howes Brexit army! :lol:

Tbf, easy to just link us to anything that has two feet and is English now.

Just now, gdm said:

I mean he has a point like your stand point appears to be sell minteh or nothing no other plans, no other options to bring in money it’s purely sell Minteh or Bruno choose. No one knows the discussions that are going on. 

I mean, I doubt we are turning down interest in the likes of Almiron, Wilson, Murphy, Targett etc.

Typically these are the kind of players that get shifted towards the end of the window, as they won't really be priority signings for clubs.

Hopefully, something materialises on that front instead, but the signs are not pointing towards that being the case.

Anderson has had flashes but tbh probably hasn't shown enough, not sure he's going to be an elite premier league midfielder i wouldn't be terribly upset with him off, but i have also been wrong before.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Eddie Howes Brexit army! :lol:

Tbf, easy to just link us to anything that has two feet and is English now.

So bizarre to me when the three greatest transfers in recent memory for us happened within two windows where we poached three undervalued world class talents in the Spanish and French league

Just now, Tiresias said:

Anderson has had flashes but tbh probably hasn't shown enough, not sure he's going to be an elite premier league midfielder i wouldn't be terribly upset with him off, but i have also been wrong before.

This.

Nothing so far suggests he’s going to make it at this level, or the level we aim to be at.

2 hours ago, Paulinho said:

In the last three seasons:

- Calvert-Lewin has made 67 league appearances out of a possible 114.

- Wilson has made 69 league appearances out of a possible 114.

And a chunk of those Wilson absences are a product of him playing second fiddle to Isak, whereas basically all of Calvert-Lewins’ are through injury.  

A chunk of those? I’m struggling to think of a single game where both were available and Howe didn’t bring the other on at some point in the game- maybe one or two so what your post says to me is they are both about the same.

10 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

So bizarre to me when the three greatest transfers in recent memory for us happened within two windows where we poached three undervalued world class talents in the Spanish and French league

And those greatest transfers all cost £40m up - we haven’t got that kind of money this window it seems 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not that I necessarily agree, but it could just be that the club don't think Minteh is a £30m+ player and are cashing in while his stock is high.

I personally don’t think anyone rates him as a £30m+ player and the whole thing is BS.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I personally don’t think anyone rates him as a £30m+ player and the whole thing is BS.

19 years old, Scored in CL, 99th percentile in dutch league attacking players, --> no one rates him at 30m

Some people in here think Miggy is worth 20 million ffs

Any player we buy needs to have a light injury record, preferably built like the Terminator. 

We've brought in an often-injured CB and potentially a striker with a similar record. Both coming from teams that probably don't train with the intensity of an Eddie Howe team. We know Gordon found it a shock. 

Nowt makes sense to me. 

Just now, Upthemags said:

19 years old, Scored in CL, 99th percentile in dutch league attacking players, --> no one rates him at 30m

Some people in here think Miggy is worth 20 million ffs

He’s only worth what teams are willing to pay - the athletic, daily mail, chronicle or NO don’t decide a a players value, I just don’t believe any team has considered buying him and it’s all nonsense journalism.

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

The Eddie Howe's Brexit army narrative one is mainly just a convenient stick for the people who wish we would exclusively sign European wonder kids they've never actually seen play. 

Nah, I just wish we wouldnt sign overpriced English shite. Its fine if it is some actual talent though. But what we've been linked with now is dross with English passport.