NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

32 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Anderson has had flashes but tbh probably hasn't shown enough, not sure he's going to be an elite premier league midfielder i wouldn't be terribly upset with him off, but i have also been wrong before.

He won't make it at Newcastle as long as he has a hole in his arse. Bottom end of the PL or 2nd tier awaits. 

Edited by Monkey Alan

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

What would in effect be a Minteh DCL swap would be nothing short of Championship level management. Unbecoming of a side looking to be the very best

it wouldnt be a swap,

2 separate deals.

Anderson'll be 22 in November & needs to be playing regular first team football now, on loan or sold to another club. I don't think he's going to get the game time with us to develop as he could otherwise.

He's clearly got some tools, but he needs the game time and match experience to learn to use them better.

2 hours ago, madras said:

We've been able to take a look at Minteh as much as we have any other signing.

Exactly. Nobody seems to be taking into account the fact that maybe the club just don't rate him as highly as the hype, or they don't think he would integrate into our team. I'm sure if we sell Minteh it won't be done without the club being confident it's the correct move. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Exactly. Nobody seems to be taking into account the fact that maybe the club just don't rate him as highly as the hype, or they don't think he would integrate into our team. I'm sure if we sell Minteh it won't be done without the club being confident it's the correct move. 

He looks a bit erratic based on my Dennis Wise scouting. 

Edited by Monkey Alan

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Red 3 must be laughing their fucking bollocks off at all these rumours involving swaps from these clubs just to comply with their ridiculous FFP rules. 

The whole system is a mess [emoji38]

Said all along I think Anderson's ceiling is probably average PL player, ideal for a box-ticking exercise with squad quotas, but if we were to sell him I'd have wanted it to be because we wanted to, not because of these ridiculous rules we're having to try and bend ourselves around.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Said all along I think Anderson's ceiling is probably average PL player, ideal for a box-ticking exercise with squad quotas, but if we were to sell him I'd have wanted it to be because we wanted to, not because of these ridiculous rules we're having to try and bend ourselves around.

He's got something, but when he has 3 goal contributions - all fairly routine assists to my memory - in approaching 50 PL appearances, there's an issue, especially since he plays quite high up. 

Always felt he doesn't have the knack for getting into dangerous positions and is too safe with his runs and passing. 

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Maybe we can do a swap deal for Aaron Cresswell and Danny Ings.

I know you are joking, but dont give them ideas, please.

If we sign DCL he’ll (hopefully) not have the pressure to play when not fully fit as he’s had at Everton. He’s 27, Wilson turns 33 in February I think. 

Regardless of what happens with Minteh  (who it looks we are prepared to sell) I’d buy DCL at the right price and if Wilson feels he has to move so be it. If the squad size and FFP allows I’d be happy to have all 3 for a season.

We struggled badly last season up top, Isak, DCL & Wilson as options for a year would be pretty tidy and we see what we need the season after.

Regarding Minteh, we sell with a reasonable buy back clause and sell on clause. Chances are he’d be loaned out otherwise or spend most of his time on our bench and his stock would fall. Let some other club bring him on and we can see what we’ve got. Play it smart and we get make this work.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

If we sign DCL he’ll (hopefully) not have the pressure to play when not fully fit as he’s had at Everton. He’s 27, Wilson turns 33 in February I think. 

Regardless of what happens with Minteh  (who it looks we are prepared to sell) I’d buy DCL at the right price and if Wilson feels he has to move so be it. If the squad size and FFP allows I’d be happy to have all 3 for a season.

We struggled badly last season up top, Isak, DCL & Wilson as options for a year would be pretty tidy and we see what we need the season after.

Regarding Minteh, we sell with a reasonable buy back clause and sell on clause. Chances are he’d be loaned out otherwise or spend most of his time on our bench and his stock would fall. Let some other club bring him on and we can see what we’ve got. Play it smart and we get make this work.

Wilson will be away. Wouldn't be surprised with a younger player coming in to develop.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Wilson will be away. Wouldn't be surprised with a younger player coming in to develop.

I’d be happy with that as well I think. Would mean Isak and DCL (if signed) not being injured at the same time for more than a couple of games or so. We can’t be having Gordon forced to play through the middle, as an option it’s ok, as a forced change it isn’t great.