NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

The outlay for the below 4 is potentially less than 20m and significantly improves our squad. I'm not sure how you can look at that list and the prices involved and say it's nothing but incredible business.

Trafford

Kilman 

Kelly 

DCL 

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

The outlay for the below 4 is potentially less than 20m and significantly improves our squad. I'm not sure how you can look at that list and the prices involved and say it's nothing but incredible business.

Trafford

Kilman 

Kelly 

DCL 

How have you come to a figure of below £20 million?

20 hours ago, Paulinho said:

In the last three seasons:

- Calvert-Lewin has made 67 league appearances out of a possible 114.

- Wilson has made 69 league appearances out of a possible 114.

And a chunk of those Wilson absences are a product of him playing second fiddle to Isak, whereas basically all of Calvert-Lewins’ are through injury.  

I said this yesterday, thanks for fact checking it, 

You'd just stick with Wilson, he's likely to play as many games or more, score more, and knows the coach, system, and teammates etc inside out. 

I'd add to the above, with DCL you have no resale value at the end, it's more of the same, saddled with average players like we are currently at the fag end of their careers, and nobody to buy them.

Bringing back Adam Armstrong makes more sense, in exchange for Ryan Fraser.

Edited by mighty__mag

22 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

And scored how many?

You do realise we aren't signing the Everton playing squad and coaching staff along with him right?

Once again I remember all the quotes stating how few goals both Isak and Gordon had scored the season before joining us.

You sign a player for their attributes and what they will add to your team and style of play, and how they will perform in your setup.

Edited by KaKa

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Think he means outlay now, as in the weird FFP world (i.e, spend is split over 4/5 years).

I'm guessing that's the case anyway, otherwise that's some wild maths.

Looking at his injury history, the major ones were a knee injury and a broken toe, suggesting unlucky rather than muscular (he's missed 26 days according to transfer mkt) which is more usually an  "injury Prone" issue.

Edited by madras

3 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

Is this transfer moving us forward as a squad?

exactly.

I'm not sure which side of the argument you are taking.  I think the answer is yes - moving on near 33 year old Wilson and bringing in 27 year old DCL is a move forward, especially as he offers us a very different striker option to Isak when needed.

I'm sure some would.take the opposite position.

52 minutes ago, jigen said:

Everton wants around £37m for Dominic-Calvert Lewin. What a robbery.

Just a starting point I'd imagine. They know no one is paying that for him. I even remember seeing an article a couple of months ago stating how he'd be available this summer for a "cut price of £25M".

Bearing in mind he was being looked at by Arsenal and Man Utd 2 years ago and they were told £75M.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

This is a more exciting rumour 

Whoever said put an I on the end of kilman is spot on here mind cos lots will want him instead despite not a great difference in quality. Another left sided CB isn't he? Not that I don't rate him like would be a good signing. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Whoever said put an I on the end of kilman is spot on here mind cos lots will want him instead despite not a great difference in quality. Another left sided CB isn't he? Not that I don't rate him like would be a good signing. 

He’s right footed, plays mainly RCB I think. A lot younger so I would prefer him over Kilman (who I do rate). Just think this one would make more sense for what we need.

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

He has played both sides. He isn't predominantly one or the other BUT he is right footed so you'd assumed hed be a Schar replacement. Has played very occasionally as LB and RB.

Botman - Tomori as a partnership would be as good as anyone could hope for without being in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s right footed, plays mainly RCB I think. A lot younger so I would prefer him over Kilman (who I do rate). Just think this one would make more sense for what we need.

Tomori?

Played on the left every time I saw him although thinking back was next to that bairn so understandable really. Certainly wouldn't be upset either way like. Good strong CB and Brexit Eddie will be happy

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Aye it was me. Although admittedly I'd prefer Tomori, I reckon he's got a few more air miles on him for his age.

Also, if we signed tomori, the anti-anglo brigade wouldn't make a peep.... all because we would be signing him from Milan.

Both Kilman and Tomori are good defenders and it's no surprise that we are looking at them.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye it was me. Although admittedly I'd prefer Tomori, I reckon he's got a few more air miles on him for his age.

Also, if we signed tomori, the anti-anglo brigade wouldn't make a peep.... all because we would be signing him from Milan.

Both Kilman and Tomori are good defenders and it's no surprise that we are looking at them.

Ah definitely, both would be good signings. Like you say tomori probably suits better, especially at around 40 if possible 

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Aye, fair point. Been a bit optimistic with those costings but whichever way you look at either as real term costs offset by players going the other way or in terms of FFP, it's still fantastic business imo.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Looks like West Ham are going back with another bid for Kilman. 

As someone said in his thread, it felt like Wolves released the news about our bid to John Percy so West Ham upped their bid