NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Italian football seems to be stuck in the previous century. Their league doesn't seem to be very multicultural, or if it is, it's not reflected in their national team. That doesn't necessarily make it poorer, but the national side isn't great at the moment, so can only imagine the Italian league isn't all that either.

That shit league has 8/9 teams in Europe next year so can't be all bad

10 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Everyone spent days last week/end bitching about Eddie’s Brexit Mags and Bowen gets mentioned and suddenly it’s an incredible transfer strategy? :lol: 

Think its about quality. Bowen is one of the best RW attackers in the league. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

He's really a striker fwiw. He gives a lot of good goalscoring but not much else. He only made like 500 passes for West Ham in open play last season or something, despite playing 33.5 90s. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I would personally say that’s debatable but even if it is true, it’ll only be for another season or two. In this hypothetical we will have paid the British premium everyone complains about and only for a season or two. It’s not an incredibly smart way to spend money which is what we need to do right now. 

18 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Everyone spent days last week/end bitching about Eddie’s Brexit Mags and Bowen gets mentioned and suddenly it’s an incredible transfer strategy? :lol: 

You are 100% for highlighting the hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I would personally say that’s debatable but even if it is true, it’ll only be for another season or two. In this hypothetical we will have paid the British premium everyone complains about and only for a season or two. It’s not an incredibly smart way to spend money which is what we need to do right now. 

Hes way too expensive I agree.

4 minutes ago, Jagten said:

He's really a striker fwiw. He gives a lot of good goalscoring but not much else. He only made like 500 passes for West Ham in open play last season or something, despite playing 33.5 90s. 

Got his limitations for sure.

17 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

That shit league has 8/9 teams in Europe next year so can't be all bad

I wouldn't describe it as a shit league, but I don't think it stacks up so well against the Premier. My impression is they have two to three very good clubs and the rest are not so competitive. That's just an impression though, I don't claim any expertise on the Italian league, I don't really follow it.

17 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Its all a bit tongue in cheek though isn’t it, but it’s undeniable if we splurged 60 million on Bowen it’s because the manager wants PL experience and a sure thing.

If Chelsea get Nico Williams for 45 million who is much younger and has sell on value I know who I’d be thinking got the best deal.

Similar with Kudus last summer, compared to Barnes who we’d struggle to make our money back on, West Ham clearly got the better value deal by showing a bit more imagination and taking a chance.

5 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Ties in somewhat with what I was saying about him having great end product, but not sure about the rest of his game.

If you are getting 15+ prem goals each season, sure, but he’s played through middle for some of that and having Barnes cut in on one side, and Bowen in similar vein on other is too similar if both were on pitch same time. 

Think we’ve seen the peak output for Bowen, and I would prefer a RW that can be more creative in tight spaces.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Its all a bit tongue in cheek though isn’t it, but it’s undeniable if we splurged 60 million on Bowen it’s because the manager wants PL experience and a sure thing.

If Chelsea get Nico Williams for 45 million who is much younger and has sell on value I know who I’d be thinking got the best deal.

Similar with Kudus last summer, compared to Barnes who we’d struggle to make our money back on, West Ham clearly got the better value deal by showing a bit more imagination and taking a chance.

Spot on

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Can't really argue with this although I trusted Howe's judgement at the time. I still think Barnes is a good player, but we did pay a premium because we overvalued his experience in the PL. That fee would have made more sense if he was 24 and not 26.

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Served Keegan well. We'd not have signed Peacock, Barton, Ginola, Ferdinand or Batty.

18 minutes ago, Decky said:

Barnes had a difficult first season because of his injury. Lets see how he gets on this coming season because he's a good player.

I really like him, I just wish he played naturally on the right, would totally sort out one of our major problems 

2 hours ago, nufc123 said:

The whole world said we overpayed for Gordon, Tonali and Isak.

No they didn’t. I certainly didn’t think so either.

The time to of bought Bowen was when he was waiting at Ferryhill services for our call and we changed our mind allowing him to go to West Ham.

The improvement he’d give us RW wouldn’t be big enough to justify the figures now.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

The time to of bought Bowen was when he was waiting at Ferryhill services for our call and we changed our mind allowing him to go to West Ham.

The improvement he’d give us RW wouldn’t be big enough to justify the figures now.

The improvement he would give us on RW would be huge, he’s a million times better than Miggy and Murphy. I get the reservations about spending that much on him though.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I don't think there's many better in his position in the league. Think he'd improve most teams in the top 8 other than City and Arsenal.