NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, et tu brute said:

That's employment law, nothing to do with competition law. The salary cap has obviously been agreed with unions.

No the Premier League brought in a rule not a law. That rule has to match up with what is actually in British law. Man City have taken a case to state this is not the case. You seem to be getting confused that the Premier League rules are law and they most certainly are not. That's why it's being challenged 

And why have so many other sports got salary caps etc, surely business law would say that's illegal, and the company (club) can pay whatever they like infact the whole PSR, FMV etc situation is all illegal.

I'm no expert on business law but I reckon theres more to it than ensuring any business can spend what it wants.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

And why have so many other sports got salary caps etc, surely business law would say that's illegal, and the company (club) can pay whatever they like infact the whole PSR, FMV etc situation is all illegal.

I'm no expert on business law but I reckon theres more to it than ensuring any business can spend what it wants.

The PL tried to cap the fees of agents……..it went to Court and the PL lost, there was also a similar ruling in a court in Dortmund. FIFA, UEFA and the PL had to halt the rule changes.

1 minute ago, madras said:

It's obviously been agreed with the unions that's why. As for your second point in every single industry, there are global individual businesses who are allowed to invest into their business as they seem fit and as a result are leaders in their individual market. It's always been that way and that won't change. Let's just see what happens 

4 minutes ago, NSG said:

Yeah can’t see Ratcliffe wanting to do business with us now :lol: 

Seems like a non-starter based on this alone.

It seems TalkSport, Bailey and Nickson all have a similar source, they all tend to break at a similar time.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

It's obviously been agreed with the unions that's why. As for your second point in every single industry, there are global individual businesses who are allowed to invest into their business as they seem fit and as a result are leaders in their individual market. It's always been that way and that won't change. Let's just see what happens 

An agreement with the unions can circumvent law ?

The clubs voted to pass these rules "tyranny of the majority" but an agreement nonetheless ?

There are many areas in which business law works differently with sports clubs and leagues, so as you say, let's wait and see.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

An agreement with the unions can circumvent law ?

The clubs voted to pass these rules "tyranny of the majority" but an agreement nonetheless ?

There are many areas in which business law works differently with sports clubs and leagues, so as you say, let's wait and see.

If it's with the agreement with the players then I presume yes. Again these are rules not laws and that's the point what's not getting through to you. This is the reason City are challenging, because they are stating the 'rules' go against what is in the 'law'. Any rule must be inline with what is in law and that's why the case went ahead

Edited by et tu brute

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Seems like a non-starter based on this alone.

It seems TalkSport, Bailey and Nickson all have a similar source, they all tend to break at a similar time.

Surely preventing us but allowing West Ham and Juve on identical terms would be the very definition of related party and throw their separation for uefa competitions in the bin? Sure Ratface will happily jeopardise all that on our account

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If it's with the agreement with the players then I presume yes. Again these are rules not laws and that's the point what's not getting through to you. This is the reason City are challenging, because they are stating the 'rules' go against what is in the 'law'. Any rule must be inline with what is in law and that's why the case went ahead

That must mean PSR is against business law as well. Makes you wonder why it's not been challenged ?

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently really wanted Juventus and so was holding out for that over West Ham.

Will depend on whether we can put across a more convincing pitch that sways him from Juventus.

Just now, KaKa said:

Apparently really wanted Juventus and so was holding out for that over West Ham.

Will depend on whether we can put across a more convincing pitch that sways him from Juventus.

Our black and white stripes look better.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

That must mean PSR is against business law as well. Makes you wonder why it's not been challenged ?

It probably is, it’s anti competitive, the ruling on capping agents fees was on the basis such a rule was anti competitive.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Yet that will be coming also. 

We'll see. I honestly think the reason we haven't already is because we know we'd lose. PIF didn't give a fuck about turning the golf world upside down so I don't buy the being nice to gain favour BS. It will always be tinkered with but it won't be brought down until there's a ESL which I'm no fan of.

1 minute ago, madras said:

We'll see. I honestly think the reason we haven't already is because we know we'd lose. PIF didn't give a fuck about turning the golf world upside down so I don't buy the being nice to gain favour BS. It will always be tinkered with but it won't be brought down until there's a ESL which I'm no fan of.

As you said we'll see, I predict a domino effect occurring. PIF are letting city fight this case (I'm quite sure they have worked with City)

on this. Back to transfers now, which I have no interest in on this thread, as it's just full of bullshit rumours 

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just need to point out that Newcastle is closer to the south of France than wherever the hell Juventus actually is and I'm sure we'll get out man, who we're probably not actually looking to sign anyway.

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

Just need to point out that Newcastle is closer to the south of France than wherever the hell Juventus actually is and I'm sure we'll get out man, who we're probably not actually looking to sign anyway.

To get from Nice to Turin you barely need to scroll out on a map. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

Not really…..look at a map👍