NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No underestimation from me - I've been scratching my head as to why it has taken so long to get so many of the obvious low-hanging sponsorship fruit through the door - training ground and kit in particular.

The problem is that we're not Man Utd - not even close in terms of worldwide recognition or reach - so we won't attract the same size or number of deals, and the biggest deals are already done (kit, kit sponsors) - so what would the actual value be of all those additional sponsors you mention?  5m?  7m?  10m maybe?  It isn't going to be earth-shattering.  And we're not in Europe - which would of course have an impact - so you've raised an issue not a strength.

We certainly are not Manchester United, and we may not be able to attract DHL as a sponsor. However, you are missing the point. Our ownership group has over 100 different companies in various sectors worldwide, so attracting sponsors will not be a problem.

The challenge lies in the value of the deals. From a business perspective, given the current rules, it is not advisable to announce all sponsors at once, even the smaller ones. Instead, we should gradually introduce them while the team improves on the pitch, thus increasing our brand value. For example, if we secure a training kit sponsor for 7 to 10 million (half of what Manchester United receives), which is approved by the Premier League, we can then negotiate better deals with Sela and Noon. I trust that our capable management team knows what they are doing. They have already increased the club's revenues by 66% and plan to grow them further within the existing regulations. They mentioned that it was a long-term plan from the moment they entered. They are patient, and I believe we, as fans, should also exercise patience.

Within the existing regulations, it may be challenging to match Manchester United's revenue in the near future. However, in my opinion, if we can reach approximately 400 million (Arsenal's revenue was 464 million in 2023), we would be in a comfortable position to compete. Based on our current trajectory, I believe this could be achievable within the next two years (2025 and 2026). 

4 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

We certainly are not Manchester United, and we may not be able to attract DHL as a sponsor. However, you are missing the point. Our ownership group has over 100 different companies in various sectors worldwide, so attracting sponsors will not be a problem.

The challenge lies in the value of the deals. From a business perspective, given the current rules, it is not advisable to announce all sponsors at once, even the smaller ones. Instead, we should gradually introduce them while the team improves on the pitch, thus increasing our brand value. For example, if we secure a training kit sponsor for 7 to 10 million (half of what Manchester United receives), which is approved by the Premier League, we can then negotiate better deals with Sela and Noon. I trust that our capable management team knows what they are doing. They have already increased the club's revenues by 66% and plan to grow them further within the existing regulations. They mentioned that it was a long-term plan from the moment they entered. They are patient, and I believe we, as fans, should also exercise patience.

Within the existing regulations, it may be challenging to match Manchester United's revenue in the near future. However, in my opinion, if we can reach approximately 400 million (Arsenal's revenue was 464 million in 2023), we would be in a comfortable position to compete. Based on our current trajectory, I believe this could be achievable within the next two years (2025 and 2026). 

You do realise that any sponsorship from any PIF related sector or business would likely fall foul of the new APT rules the PL are bringing in and that City have just challenged?

Edited by FloydianMag

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

You do realise that any sponsorship from any PIF related sector or business would likely fall foul of the ne APT rules the PL are bringing in and that City have just challenged?

Even if it were deemed FMV ? (See Noon)

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

That is something that would have to be tested I would think and given the more onerous nature of the new APT rules that still haven’t been implemented yet.

Surely there are enough deals out there already to use as precedent ?

Why dont we have a pillow partner yet ? A Saudi tyre partner like Man Utds Thai one ?

I do think we are awaiting the outcome of the Man City case but we should be ready with deals whichever way it goes.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Surely there are enough deals out there already to use as precedent ?

Why dont we have a pillow partner yet ? A Saudi tyre partner like Man Utds Thai one ?

I do think we are awaiting the outcome if tge Man City case but we should be ready with deals whichever way it goes.

I’m sure we’re ready with deals, I don’t think Peter Silverstone has been sitting around on his arse doing nothing. Sponsorship deals can be done anytime……well until the PL introduces a ‘Sponsorship Window’ to hinder our progress. FMV,ATP didn’t exist until our takeover.

Edited by FloydianMag

24 minutes ago, andycap said:

Thought we might of had most of our business done now we are in preseason. Hopefully we have a few lined up. 

Even if we do we're unlikely to see them in the first team for a while. It would be a crying shame to start another season with the same shit right wing options but that looks like the reality

Edited by Holmesy

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

At worst we could play Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left. It isn’t that bad. CB is our top priority, no doubt

We can also play Schar & Kelly or Burn which isn't bad either. I'd still make right sided forward our most important signing as I don't want our player of the season last year having to play out of position.

2 hours ago, Zero said:

At worst we could play Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left. It isn’t that bad. CB is our top priority, no doubt

Not what you want to be reading when you first open up the Transfer rumours thread.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

Yes, if you're telling me it's RW or CB, I'll take RW. It'll be a game changer.

Same, we need a CB but the effect on the team wouldn’t be so dramatic. A top quality RW and we’re really cooking. We’d be ruining teams so hard we could carry a bit of CB weakness.

Anyway, we’ll get both.