NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

The Milan transfer market continues and after having made official the purchase of Morata, the Rossoneri will now try to further strengthen the team. In terms of exits, however, Newcastle has returned heavily on Malick Thiaw .

Newcastle had already been following the German defender at the beginning of the summer but could now come back with force on the player.

At the moment, no official offers have arrived at the Rossoneri club , but the English team is very interested. The 2001-born player, in fact, is very much liked by the new sporting director Paul Mitchell .

Last season Thiaw made 30 appearances for Milan across all competitions, also providing an assist .

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if we are actually in for him. On the face of it, based on all reports it seems an easy deal to do, think it may have already been done if we held a genuine interest.

Waiting on Milan to bring in a replacement? 

So once Botman recovers, how are we going to play him, Schar, Burn, Kelly, and Thiaw as CBs with a game per week? That’s five of them. Isn’t that too much? I don’t know but it feels like getting Barnes for a LW all over again when we could have invested that money in other positions. 

Burn and Kelly shouldn’t play as LBs in my humble opinion, Tino should play there if Trippier is still with us next season, and Hall should be our second option. Burn and Kelly could be our 3rd/ 4th options.

I think we should prioritize our budget for a RW and a forward. 

5 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

So once Botman recovers, how are we going to play him, Schar, Burn, Kelly, and Thiaw as CBs with a game per week? That’s five of them. Isn’t that too much? I don’t know but it feels like getting Barnes for a LW all over again when we could have invested that money in other positions. 

Burn and Kelly shouldn’t play as LBs in my humble opinion, Tino should play there if Trippier is still with us next season, and Hall should be our second option. Burn and Kelly could be our 3rd/ 4th options.

A Schar injury and we are F.

3 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Schar and Burn will be 33 by the end of the season, the only fit alternative at the minute is Kelly. We we'd be taking a huge gamble not going for a defender now. 

8 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Botman will miss half the season and will be eased back in, he might not be a first team regular at all next season. I’m expecting Kelly to be our starting LB with Livramento/Hall as backup. Then the expectation is that we’ll qualify for Europe, Burn is looking old as it is, and the reliance on Schar is too much, it would be a disaster if he got injured.

12 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

What a mad take we are crying out for a right sided centre half 

22 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

stop fuck off GIF

34 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Kelly will be starting most of our games as LB this season imo, he has all the attributes that Howe likes in Burn there and more. 

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Harsh on Hall if so.

Hes 19 and has started how many games there? Howe hasn’t felt like he’s ready to earn than spot yet, I think that’s fair.. he’s seen far more of this lad than we have. He did look good at the end of the last season but he was played there more of a needs must due to the injuries across the back line, he has some work to do on his defensive side of the game for me. 

We all want him to succeed and with time he likely will, let’s not try and force it though. 

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Hes 19 and has started how many games there? Howe hasn’t felt like he’s ready to earn than spot yet, I think that’s fair.. he’s seen far more of this lad than we have. He did look good at the end of the last season but he was played there more of a needs must due to the injuries across the back line, he has some work to do on his defensive side of the game for me. 

We all want him to succeed and with time he likely will, let’s not try and force it though. 

Not trying to force it, he did well when given a chance last season. He’s also playing a full part in pre season. We should be getting Burn out the side imo. Kelly CB next to Schar, Hall LB.