NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

The impatience makes the paranoia worse.  The theories get more and more bizarre. The demented go more and more off their collective nuts.

Once the first proper buy happens the calm will again spread among the lost.

Fucking lunatics.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

The impatience makes the paranoia worse.  The theories get more and more bizarre. The demented go more and more off their collective nuts.

Fucking lunatics.

[emoji38]

It's astonishing man.

I mean, I'm really looking forward to seeing who comes in, but folks are losing it completely.

13 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Fucking lunatics.

Just wait until we sign Mctominay.

Although I agree we shouldn't just rush in and buy somebody without making sure they are right for the squad, the fact is we have a favourable start to the season.

Are we not missing a trick by trying to have a couple of quality players in and hopefully having a flying start to the season? 

I would have hoped that the club would have also thought this after the fixtures came out.

Leicester showed what a good start and momentum and belief can do if things fall right for you.

1 minute ago, beardsleymagic said:

Although I agree we shouldn't just rush in and buy somebody without making sure they are right for the squad, the fact is we have a favourable start to the season.

Are we not missing a trick by trying to have a couple of quality players in and hopefully having a flying start to the season? 

I would have hoped that the club would have also thought this after the fixtures came out.

Leicester showed what a good start and momentum and belief can do if things fall right for you.

Rushing to buy someone that we’re not convinced about because we want them to play against Southampton at home, is not a coherent and robust transfer strategy.

There's quite a good episode of the Overlap where they discuss who should have final say in bringing in players at a football club.

One thing people could agree on was that bringing in the wrong player can set you back a long way.

Will be interesting to see if we get outbounds sorted before inbounds. You would assume that our budget is very different if we sell Trippier, Almiron, Wilson etc. Vs. if we don't do that. Shifting those three opens up circa. £35m of allowable spend a.k.a potentially three £50m players. 

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

Rushing to buy someone that we’re not convinced about because we want them to play against Southampton at home, is not a coherent and robust transfer strategy.

To be fair I started my post by saying we shouldn't rush in and buy somebody for the sake of it.

Again agents aren't exactly motivated to help moves happen quickly, know it can and is done but their leverage does get better if they delay and look for competition. It's not as simple as club just deciding lets do it early. Club can say we do it now or not at all, but agents know if the club really wants someone probably means they'll come back, or someone else will have em. Honestly I think it's why so much effort goes in to tapping up players in advance so the player just insists to get it over and done with so they can move, but our director of football situation has probably harmed that. 

23 minutes ago, SteV said:

You would imagine in a summer window you are already sure of all your targets before it opens ?