NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

There’s been too much said about him in the press. It’s not how we do things.

He looks a unit so would be delighted if we signed him but I think we go for someone else. It will just come out.. “bid accepted” and we’ll be scrambling to look at the cunts YouTube videos

I wonder whether we might leak/express interest in players sometimes, say Madueke, without real intent, to strategically nudge the decision making of the clubs of preferred targets who play in the same position? Say González?
Saying that, in the example used they both fit the age profile and potential we tend to go for. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I wonder whether we might leak/express interest in players sometimes, say Madueke, without real intent, to strategically nudge the decision making of the clubs of preferred targets who play in the same position? Say González?
Saying that, in the example used they both fit the age profile and potential we tend to go for. 

Think you give the 'journalists' far too much credit here

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well it maybe all journos’ hot air/speculation but wouldn’t be surprised if we, and others, employed this tactic. 

I agree, just not the mental frequency it gets mentioned on here compared to the blindingly obvious answer of 'clickbait'

Of the RW we have been linked with I think he has the highest ceiling and would be a good player to get especially if the fee is under 50m. Although he's left footed, he does like to go outside occasionally and has a reasonable right foot. Buy him.

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

only starting 13 games and getting subbed off in most of them isn’t playing a lot tbh 

Whilst not like for like he is up against Palmer and base on what we have seen to date it terms of first choice starter there would be only one winner.

He cost Chelsea circa £25 million with some add ons that haven’t been close to being met so on that basis his current book value is around £20 million ( he is on a 1.5 years into a 7.5 year deal.) So that is the rough starting point. My guess is that he will cost around £40 million maybe more it really does depend on how keen we are to let him go and how keen you are to sign him

He is a player that excites but far too often he makes the wrong choice particularly when he is joining the attack his runs are often into the wrong area. Interestingly he seems to have had difficulty with training routines that have restricted the number of touches. Again interestingly if you watch him he does tend to take one touch too often when it comes of you are convinced he could be world class bu5 when it doesn’t you shake your head.

Like many maverick type of players (and I would put him in that category he isn’t that great when out of possession and called upon to press or help defend 

Will I be sad to see him go if that is the case ? Yes but like all players in the modern era it’s all about the bottom line

Edited by Terraloon