NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He did indeed reference a few new commercial deals coming in. However I can't see how that could bridge our substantial PSR gap. Maybe a few million per season more in it considering the sponsorship already in place, unless the City case blows up the related parties restrictions. We needed 60m this past end of June, in a year with CL but not the Adidas deal. Bring in Guehi and a RW without any substantial outgoings and we would almost certainly need similar by June next year. 

timeEd's absurdly detailed and researched post (it was him right?) definitely changed my outlook on this window. But still, there can be too many variables in the way transfers are structured, for example, to be absolutely sure what's possible.. even before we get into stuff like selling hotels to ourselves.. not that we possess any :lol: but I'd like to see more creative accounting from us. 

Edited by junkhead

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Catch a of shit how exactly?

I want him replaced but that's bollocks. 

It's obvious enough on here that people are out of patience with him. If he ends up hanging around for another two years running out his contract, running into brick walls on the pitch and blocking a squad place when we're meant to be pushing on, it's going to end up on a very sour note.

Just now, 80 said:

It's obvious enough on here that people are out of patience with him. If he ends up hanging around for another two years running out his contract, running into brick walls on the pitch and blocking a squad place when we're meant to be pushing on, it's going to end up on a very sour note.

He leaves now, he leaves with our thanks and a lot of positive memories.

He digs his heels in on a potential move when we need the sale to increase PSR headroom and people will be less enamoured.

All the comparisons to “what if your job asked you to…” - football is a wacky transient job category of its own. My job doesn’t have a contracted end date and doesn’t pay me a kings’ ransom each year. We’ve seen Maxi already back from KSA after a year, same would happen to Miggy.

20 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He did indeed reference a few new commercial deals coming in. However I can't see how that could bridge our substantial PSR gap. Maybe a few million per season more in it considering the sponsorship already in place, unless the City case blows up the related parties restrictions. We needed 60m this past end of June, in a year with CL but not the Adidas deal. Bring in Guehi and a RW without any substantial outgoings and we would almost certainly need similar by June next year. 

The deals have not yet been made public (which he did indicate were substantial), and it is already unclear how they will bridge the "PSR gap."

Give it a rest lad.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

He leaves now, he leaves with our thanks and a lot of positive memories.

He digs his heels in on a potential move when we need the sale to increase PSR headroom and people will be less enamoured.

All the comparisons to “what if your job asked you to…” - football is a wacky transient job category of its own. My job doesn’t have a contracted end date and doesn’t pay me a kings’ ransom each year. We’ve seen Maxi already back from KSA after a year, same would happen to Miggy.

As it happens, I would go to Saudi. But yeah, the question is already inherently different if you've already moved across the world from home to Malaysia, before going across to Kenya prior to receiving the Saudi offer.

18 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Other than online  how's he gonna catch a lot of shit if he refuses to leave.

Yous gonna bew him in the stadium?

Groans, old men yelling "fucking gerrim off man", that kind of thing. Standard stuff.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Groans, old men yelling "fucking gerrim off man", that kind of thing. Standard stuff.

Murphy, longstaff, burn, have all had that from lads around me. Same as miggy.

He gets that anyway already.

Not because he's refusing to leave.

Just now, r0cafella said:

Just remembered that Lewis hall was bought in this financial period so our net spend will be 100m+ if we get Guehi we’d have to flog a purple to spend big on a RW me thinks. 

Yep, I think the aspiration of £40m recouped from Miggy, Wilson and Tripps is dead in the water.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Yep, I think the aspiration of £40m recouped from Miggy, Wilson and Tripps is dead in the water.

It’s extremely quiet on the outgoing players front, it’s kinda jokes we still have Hayden Lewis and Fraser on the books :lol:

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Just remembered that Lewis hall was bought in this financial period so our net spend will be 100m+ if we get Guehi we’d have to flog a purple to spend big on a RW me thinks. 

Said this at the weekend - the only way we'll spend big on a RW if we sign Guehi is if Gordon goes and Barnes slots in at LW

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s extremely quiet on the outgoing players front, it’s kinda jokes we still have Hayden Lewis and Fraser on the books :lol:

Very!  I cannot believe there are no takers out there for any of these, even if we give them away.  Problem without doubt will be the stupid wages they are on.  Suprised Fraser has not gone to Southampton though, thought that would have happended quickly.

1 minute ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Very!  I cannot believe there are no takers out there for any of these, even if we give them away.  Problem without doubt will be the stupid wages they are on.  Suprised Fraser has not gone to Southampton though, thought that would have happended quickly.

The market has moved on, players who aren’t on an upward trajectory have much less demand now than before. Everyone wants younger players who have some resale value players are much more of an investment nowadays. 

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Hey - you’re being nasty. They may have kids who are happy in school.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

As it happens, I would go to Saudi. But yeah, the question is already inherently different if you've already moved across the world from home to Malaysia, before going across to Kenya prior to receiving the Saudi offer.

Last I checked he isnt still living in Paraguay, he's already moved significant distances from home twice

36 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Fraser wants the last year of his deal paid up or he won't leave. 

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

Murphy, longstaff, burn, have all had that from lads around me. Same as miggy.

He gets that anyway already.

Not because he's refusing to leave.

Right, so I think it'll get more widespread and acidic if it becomes clear he's refusing to play ball. Not sure what's controversial about it.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Right, so I think it'll get more widespread and acidic if it becomes clear he's refusing to play ball. Not sure what's controversial about it.

You reckon it's gonna get really bad in the ground for him because he's refusing to leave?