NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

yep! Did it with me also

Yeah but you are clearly a troll. Absolutely at it. STM actually brings posts of value to the forum

Edited by gdm

Fingers crossed we sign Guehi - that would be a really exciting transfer in itself and particularly as it seems he wants to be here.

We may then also end up with a late surprise at RW as well, as the club have shown we're capable of that. Plus I always take Howe's transfer comments not just with a pinch of salt, but a shot of tequila and lime, as it should be.

Still nothing about these rumoured new sponsorships which might free up some wiggle room either now or for January.

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I would've expected Minteh to be loaned out again.

That seems reasonable. He would have had a preseason with us, so Eddie and his colleagues could observe his development and then send him out again closer to the deadline. However, it is overly optimistic to assume that he would eventually become our starting right winger as the season progresses. Almiron and Murphy are currently ahead of him in the pecking order.

I would even go so far as to say that if he had stayed and the club said that they would not be purchasing a right winger because Minteh would fill that role, people would still argue that the right wing is our weakest area, and they would be correct. Minteh does not significantly strengthen our right wing.

44 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

We had Lyon and Brighton offering upwards of 30m, with Dortmund interested too if rumours are to be believed, but you don't think Howe and the coaching staff would have had a look to see if he could be the answer to our weakest XI position before shipping him out for another load? Which club in our position even considers loaning out >30m rated assets? I think the lad is already better than many on here think. It's going to be very interesting to see how he develops at Brighton.

Edit: Brighton have just posted a "Minteh cam" video of his game against Villareal. He's made for the PL.

Great video of him, but you can see from that video some of Slot's criticism of him, heavy touch (which you will not get away with in a competitive game) and reading different match reports on the game, this showed up consistently 

"Was perhaps a bit guilty of not offering Veltman enough protection" (positionally unaware)

He's talented and has potential, but he still needs a lot of work. You'll definitely see that in the upcoming season.

Ryan Fraser is still on our books right? He never actually joined Southampton.

We've also got Dubravka, Lewis and a couple of others that we haven't shifted.

None of this helps when we are looking wriggle room, even just in terms of wages.

54 minutes ago, gdm said:

Chelsea have to let players go or they won’t be able to register half their squad 

They've had that problem since Todd bought the club - mind boggles how every other club has to watch their pennies yet Chelsea just continue to spend.

Edited by duo

The only good thing about Chelsea is that while they are horrific when signing players, they are actually quite receptive to selling players.

I've no doubt they'd sell Madueke if they received decent money.

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Ryan Fraser is still on our books right? He never actually joined Southampton.

We've also got Dubravka, Lewis and a couple of others that we haven't shifted.

None of this helps when we are looking wriggle room, even just in terms of wages.

Fraser was pictured in Southampton this weekend. Hopefully a move is close.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Going to be really interesting to see how things end up once the window closes.

If the budget is tight, and this isn't just posturing from the club, I do wonder if we're aiming too high for improvements at the RW and CB positions.

We have a manager that is really good at getting the best out of players with a decent level of ability and a good attitude.

And to be honest upgrading Miggy doesn't require an extraordinary right winger. Meanwhile the centre back that comes in just needs to be a younger talent at the position that can eventually grow into taking over from Schar.

I'd much rather we made signings that improved both positions a decent amount, at a lesser cost for each, than sacrifice one of the positions altogether for a bigger improvement in just one area for a large fee.

Let's see what happens.

Many seem to not get this - too many on here will say Miggy isn't good enough to play on a Premier League pitch, and then in the next breath say they're only interested in world-class upgrades.

Surely there's a middle ground? Not saying to go out and get an Osula, but I simply cannot be convinced there arent talented 20 somethings in the range of 20m we can't bring in and instantly upgrade our RW on what we have.

Regardless, need some grist for the mill on here bc we've been chasing our tails now 2 months with no big transfer activity at cb or rw... think we're all a bit stir crazy at this point

Pope

Tino.        Guehi   botman.          Hall

Tonali      bruno.     Joelinton

Minteh.                                      Flash 

Isak

What a starting team that would've been. 

Or should I stick miggy in? 😂 

25 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Many seem to not get this - too many on here will say Miggy isn't good enough to play on a Premier League pitch, and then in the next breath say they're only interested in world-class upgrades.

Surely there's a middle ground? Not saying to go out and get an Osula, but I simply cannot be convinced there arent talented 20 somethings in the range of 20m we can't bring in and instantly upgrade our RW on what we have.

Regardless, need some grist for the mill on here bc we've been chasing our tails now 2 months with no big transfer activity at cb or rw... think we're all a bit stir crazy at this point

That’s the short term approach but the club has to always look at the longer term due to (sorry) PSR.

Miggy is decent, he is a 8-12th in the PL RW. He’s not shite, and given spending is constrained a slight upgrade isn’t worth it, as anyone signed for the first 11 has to be capable of holding their own in the CL. otherwise after 1-2 years there’s a problem as the budgets don’t allow replacing players after 2 years. A new RW will be on a 5 year deal and very hard to shift if they flop or are no longer good enough

Every big money buy has been someone who the club can get potentially a decade out of for that reason. The only cheap deals done are squad backups 

Just now, andycap said:

Pope

Isak

No, you can leave Minteh in.

However, that wouldn't be accurate.

You'd then have to take either Bruno out for Longstaff or Gordon out for Barnes.

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Fingers crossed we sign Guehi - that would be a really exciting transfer in itself and particularly as it seems he wants to be here.

We may then also end up with a late surprise at RW as well, as the club have shown we're capable of that. Plus I always take Howe's transfer comments not just with a pinch of salt, but a shot of tequila and lime, as it should be.

Still nothing about these rumoured new sponsorships which might free up some wiggle room either now or for January.

I think it’d be a bit daft announcing any new sponsorships at the moment, as it would increase the likelihood of other clubs trying to squeeze every last penny out of us. 

34 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

The opposite is true IMO.

It's entirely unrealistic to expect us to sign a small upgrade on Miggy just to appease a frustrated fan base.

This is where are long term strategy is vital or we are going to end up being lumped with more players who aren't up to the standard we want to reach.

I'd rather persist with Murphy or Miggy for 12 months, if it meant that when we did sign a new RW that they were of a Tonali/Bruno standard.

It's worth remembering that as a team, attack isn't a weakness of ours.

I'm not saying that I don't want a Miggy upgrade, I just want the right upgrade and not just a upgrade.

1 minute ago, ryanegg said:

I think it’d be a bit daft announcing any new sponsorships at the moment, as it would increase the likelihood of other clubs trying to squeeze every last penny out of us. 

Fair point

8 minutes ago, andycap said:

Pope

Isak

9014qg.jpg